• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 hype level check!

Newlove

I'm interested to see what Microsoft do in terms of getting me looking forward to upcoming releases on their platform again. I'm really not sure what is going on with first party at the moment but I'm hardly turning on the Xbox One.

Theswweet

Not really sure what to look forward to on my PS4. Earlier this year I was enjoying the hell out of RE7 and Nioh; Yakuza Zero was also fun, albeit repetitious after a while. I picked up Nier Automata but haven't played it yet since I'm still playing Zelda (210+ hours and counting!). Not sure what there is to look forward to on that front the rest of the year, so E3 will be important for Sony.

But yeah, this year it's all about Nintendo. I expect their E3 will give a major push for ARMS (which simply looks fantastic, and is super-addictive according to those who played it) and Splatoon 2. We'll see more of Super Mario Odyssey — probably the only game that will compete with Zelda for the highest meta-critic score this year — and Xenoblade Chronicles 2, a.k.a. sequel to one of the best JRPGs ever. Oh, and we'll see Fire Emblem Warriors, from the people who made the superb Hyrule Warriors.

I think it's highly likely that the rumored Pokemon Stars and Super Smash Bros for Nintendo Switch are also real. Those would be two killer holiday titles right there. The Mario Rabbids game is also likely real (in a Ubisoft video declaring support for Switch, there were Rabbids statues dressed as Mario characters in the background!), and I'm eager to see it.

My question is, are we expecting a Pikmin 4? People seem divided on whether the Pikmin game Miyamoto mentioned nearing completion is Pikmin 3DS (now called Hey! Pikmin) or a mainline Pikmin game. Also, according to the thread here on Nintendo's first-party studios, the Animal Crossing team is working on "Animal Crossing projects" (how vague!), so I'm guessing a Switch title is in the cards and might be ready to show.

Maybe they'll also show the DLC for Zelda. Probably not the story DLC that's coming later in the year around GotY voting season, but at least the first round of DLC with the hard mode, Cave of Trials, etc. Also a chance for them to showcase the in-game functionality for the three new Zelda amiibo. I can see them plugging those on Treehouse Live.

Treehouse Live is easily the best E3 coverage around. Looking forward to it. Also hoping there will be another pre-E3 event like the Smash Invitational or Nintendo World Championship. Imagine if they did another NWC focused on the Switch, with Zelda "any %" speed runs, battles in Mario Kart Deluxe, 2v2 in ARMS, Turf Wars in Splatoon 2, etc.

It's gonna be good.

Don't quote me on this, but I remember hearing that Hey! Pikmin wasn't the same Pikmin that Miyamoto was talking about. I want to say that Pikmin 4 is a plausible E3 drop.

Godcannon

I'm trying not to think about it so it comes faster, and I don't wanna get my hopes up about more FFVII footage.

I'm always looking forward to new announcements, in particular I'm interested to see Sony and Nintendo stuff.

This E3 could be very interesting given that Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo are all in a situation where they need to bring their big titles. Sony needs to keep its strong momentum going, Microsoft needs to establish a strong exclusive push to help the Scorpio launch, and Nintendo needs to make sure the Switch will have a good future. Honestly, all I need is Rez 2 at Sony, Metroid at Nintendo, and Ori 2 at Microsoft and I will consider it a damn good E3.

My hype is currently very flat. I don't really know what I want from the conferences. The only game I look forward to is Xenoblade 2 and nothing else. Hopefully there will be some surprise to get me excited again.

Hype is at max.
Rewatched last years conferences.
Got my wish list ready.
Got my realistic list ready.

Ubisoft it is time.....to release: RAYMAN

Going in to this years E3, Nintendo and Xbox are the under dogs, I'm rooting for them to have great shows with tons of new games.

Realistically I can see Sony dropping bombs on the 2.

eXistor

I've seen so many E3's that it's hard to get truly hyped anymore. I think I've been disappointed or at least underwhelmed more than I've been satisfied. The last time I was truly hyped was when they re-revealed Last Guardian, showed Shenmue 3 and FFVIIR. That was a great triple-whammy for me.

I'm quietly hoping Nintendo'll bring the goods (like I've been hoping for years), but realistically, this is the year they could really show everybody how it's done. But then again, I've been disappointed many a time.

So hype level: low.

JMY86

I am on vacation that week as being a Cleveland Browns fan after the draft it is my 2nd Super Bowl. I love E3 and watch every press conference and try to catch every presentation that catches my eye.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Really hyped for that new God of War reveal. I want to see extended gameplay, story information, boss info and more.

Floody

Not much hype here, don't really see how Sony can top last year and don't really care about MS or Nintendo's shows or any 3rd party either.
I'm expecting Sony to show a lot of things they announced over the years too, so doubt there'll be many mega announcements either, but I'll be happy with a really good paced show for the most part though.

Shredderi

I'm still contained. Lots of games to play at the moment and some good old personal stress to keep my mind out of E3 for now :D

Eylos

Banned
Ff7 remake
kdmaZ_s-200x150.gif

This is the most apathy I have felt toward E3. Some days I get a little excited in hopes of Devil May Cry 5, then I remembered that Capcom hates my guts so it's back to a zero out of ten.

sn00zer

Muy hyped. As far as in concerned most Sony, Nintendo and Ms exclusives are known so I'm very excited for the unknown

YaAcOv

Neo Member
Very excited for e3 2017! because all my white wails are announced or released. So this year is all mystery/surprise.
I really have no dreams or wishes left for sequels, HD remasters/remakes, wonders of what studio/creator doing etc'

Neiteio

Doesn't Nintendo usually announce their E3 plans a month in advance? I seem to remember that being the case for E3 2014 and E3 2015.

Also, hell yes I want to see Retro's new game. Best case scenario, it's a new Metroid or new IP altogether. Worst case scenario, "it's fucking Donkey Kong" — and that's not even a bad scenario, since their DKC games are like the best platformers ever.

DMONKUMA

Retro's and Sucker Punch's game is expected. Armored Core and Metroid are the top crazy announcements for me if they're announced.

Pretty tamed so far no hints/rumors that are getting me excited yet.

Hyped for all the conferences, probably wont watch them but cant wait to see the aftermath. I'm especially looking forward to MS and Nintendo Conferences for obvious reasons.

Feorax

Keeping my expectations in check for Sony. They've had a lot of very good shows recently so they're due a quiet one at some point.

Microsoft I'm the opposite on. I'm expecting something truly special to go along with Scorpio. Been a while since an MS show blew me away and so the time should be now.

Nintendo is probably the only one where I'm not managing expectations. Hoping to buy a Switch around the week of E3 so should be fun.

Simo

Red Dead Motherfuckin' Redemption 2. 6 months since anything and I'm thinking Rockstar are keeping quiet and wanna pull a Bethesda by having some 4K OR whatever trailer drop during MS or Sony's conference complete with a release date for this October.

Other than that...yeah more God Of War, FFVIIr and hopefully a Cyberpunk update or showing.

marmoka

Banned
I'm only hyped for Switch, just a little for PS4, and nothing for Scorpio.

I have no interest in Scorpio or any Xbox thing. I'm 100% sure Sony won't disappoint, and I really want to see what Nintendo is bringing. I already have a PS4, and looking forward to get a Switch in September.

I think not having the console and wanting it makes me feel more hyped for it than the rest.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Need to see Xenoblade 2 running on Switch. Would be crazy if it's indeed out this year... Or at least till q1/q2 2018.

Hoping for some major Switch announcements - Salt-GAF will be present for sure.

Oh snap, I just realized:

Capcom will probably show the RE2 remake, won't they?

Only to me and Jawmuncher. They won't show you.

Thems the breaks, my good dude.

(In actuality, I'm not sure if they will. RE7 was one of last year's big surprises and really stole the scene. I bet Sony would be eager to have them on stage again.)

KHlover

Banned
As always: Hype doesn't set in until maybe an hour before the presentations. I happen to have vacation during E3 this year though (didn't take it for E3, I actually have all of June off :p), so I'll be able to appreciate it more than usually. Maybe I'll watch the Sony conference live, that's impossible without vacation since the conference always starts at like 3pm in Germany.

EDIT: I have high expectations for Nintendo though. First E3 with the new system, show us the goods :O

Hawk269

I really hope Sony does not move from their typical time frame. I know MS moving to Sunday opens up that Monday morning time slot, but with having a fairly new job, I don't want to be asking for time off and when it comes to the big 3 I like to watch them as they happen. Has Sony made any mention on what/when they are going?

Nesther

This E3 is all about the Switch for me. So excited to see what they have in store for us.

I'm keeping my Sony expectations in check, they already laid out a great roadmap, which is totally enough for me.

Raw64life

First E3 I'm attending in person, so the hypest I've ever been.

I have no plans other than to play Mario Odyssey for as long as I possibly can.

Top Bottom