• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 hype level check!

Luke_Wal

Super pumped to get some release timeframes for Spider-Man, God of War, and Dead Don't Ride, hopefully see what Sucker Punch (one of my favorite studios) is working on, and get some new Switch announcements! Really hoping for Smash on Switch, some new single player games for it (FE Warriors info, maybe a Metroid or a new single player IP), and of course VIRTUAL CONSOLE! Breath of the Wild is making me finally want to play Link to the Past - it's time.

Hyped as always. Can't wait for Sony and Bethesda, Nintendo also since I've been thinking about getting a Switch but I need to see more than 2 games that interest me. Ubisoft has some stuff I like, so does EA but they can't do a conference to save their life. I'll tune into MS to see multiplats. Hope SE has a conference this year

Neiteio

Ooo, Nintendo can finally show us the Switch Virtual Console.

...or the SNES Mini we'll never be able to find in stores.

Can't wait. Right now it feels like when you have a birthday close by and your parents say, just wait till your birthday if you want that... But it's two months away.

Anything news related to games.. Just wait till E3. I love game news lol

I´ve been hyped since the Switch official reveal lol.

Took the whole week and the next off from work. My birthday is there too and i don´t work on my birthday. Hype on Nintendo, hype on Sony. Will see about the rest, but i expect the cringe to entertain me as well if nothing cool happens for me. Will watch the easy allies streams to watch the conferences with them. Since i have the week off, in between conferences and stuff i´ll play videogames and work on my backlog. Less than 2 months to go, i´m ready.

Ploid 3.0

I had a lock on my E3 hype, but I lost the key due to Sony E3 2015 and 2016 so I can't really use it anymore. I'll buy a new one if Sony disappoint this year. So hyped.

I will light candles and get very comfy for Sony's this year (though I may watch it late. I still do that you know, watch E3 conferences and time it with the old GAF thread. You should try it for certain things like a TV series that you are late to the party on).

I hope they don't waste time at E3 for SNES Mini. Just save that for a future Nintendo Direct. E3 needs to be about the Nintendo Switch and a little of 3DS.

I'm hyped for Switch VC and first party games. Also whatever Sony shows for PS4.

hypetrainl2jo2.gif

dickroach

meh, my 5000000 game backlog is weighing down the hype.

I wanna see new Nintendo games.
maybe something new about Detroit: Become Human
also, give me that Wattam "available now" drop

Aaron D.

Just about zero hype.

Not a console gamer and I have little interest in the AAA marketplace, so it feels like E3 has very little to offer me.

It's all about Bloodborne 2 and God of War for me. So chances are high I will leave disapointed ... :-

Nah, it will be great like most years . Still very exited about the future oft gaming.

Memento

I am REALLY excited! Especially for the big 3!

Sony is as always the one I am most looking forward to, simply because the potential of sheer quantity of games they can show is insane!

I am incredibly hyped for anything on TLOU Part II, Sucker Punch's new IP, God of War footage and From Software's new game!

The VC is a huge, huge, huge deal for me. Since I barely touched the Wii U VC, or my Wii U in general, this is my first opportunity in many years to possibly play some bonafide classics that have been on my to-do list for a decade.

If they mention the SNES Mini at E3, I imagine they will slingshot four of them into the audience. One will break on impact. Then Reggie will tout how the "entire inventory of SNES Minis is available RIGHT NOW!"

And that was all of them.

Volcane

I can't say I'm particularly hyped. Interested to see the new Xbox name reveal, launch date and price, and to see new Red Dead.

YaBish

For some reason I'm more hyped this year than I was last year. Seems like AAA publishers have been getting things right a heck of a lot more than they were at the start of the gen, and I'm anxious to see where a bunch of Sony projects are in development.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
just the known stuff out there has me really hyped let alone the unknown stuff

battlefront 2
fallout 4 vr
spiderman
mario odyssey
state of decay 2
crack down

then you got the known could be games
red dead 2
other ea star wars games
egypt assassins creed
one of valves 3 big vr games one is supposed to release this year

Nintendo have the chance to knock my socks off. I was hard on the January event when I first took it in, but now that the Switch has actually launched and they've had a couple more Directs they've been building some serious momentum. Sony should be fun too, as always.

But literally though, all I need is Smash Bros. No game ever compares to the level of excitement I get when a new Smash is announced.

Less and less hyped for E3 in recent years. Seems like publishers are just announcing games whenever they want now

This year I guess I'm interested to see what the future of the Switch looks like. I have no interest in the Scorpio but I'm hoping MS announces some unexpected first party games. Sony doesn't seem to care about E3 as much as Before sine they also have PSX.

Speely

Banned
Hype levels appraloaching critical here. Big 3, mostly.

MS: I am really hoping to see some great game reveals to coincide with the Scorpio blowout. I feel like they need some big guns and I think we'll see at least one. Really hoping they don't just rely on hardware hype, at any rate. MS has not excited me since the 360, sadly, but I hope they can interest me again by offering a great value proposition combined with a great release lineup. Hype 6/10

Sony: Expecting bombs dropping all over the place and really looking forward to Spider-Man. Obviously this will be a great E3 for Sony since they are going in from such a place of market dominance with a great track record of securing awesome exclusives. Hope to see a surprise big PSVR reveal, too. Hype 8/10

Nintendo: I am expecting one for the ages from Nintendo. The stars are aligned. Their new platform is awesome and in-demand. I am absolutely in love with my Switch on a Dreamcast-like level and I feel like a kid again imagining what games are coming. Their line-up looks great and there are certainly some biggies we don't know about too. Retro please. Smash please. Kid Icarus please. Sega please. Also hyped for the BotW DLC. Hype 10/10, would freak out again.

If nothing else, this E3 is going to be interesting, since we'll see how Microsoft hopes to sell Scorpio, and what Sony will respond with. Additionally, I hope to see Nintendo fill out the Switch lineup between July and Mario Odyseey, and begin to lay the groundwork for the Switch's 2018.

But, yeah, looking forward to it.

ActWan

Aside from everything about Sony's and Nintendo's conferences, I just can't wait to see some RDR2 gameplay! (maybe I'm too hopeful)

My head is definitely more in it for this year than I was last year. I guess after the first few months of 2017 games being particularly awesome I look forward to seeing anything new on stuff like Death Stranding or Spider-Man for example. Nintendo is the one I'm really keeping an eye on this year because I've been really enjoying my Switch experience so far.

Neiteio

The VC is a huge, huge, huge deal for me. Since I barely touched the Wii U VC, or my Wii U in general, this is my first opportunity in many years to possibly play some bonafide classics that have been on my to-do list for a decade.

If they mention the SNES Mini at E3, I imagine they will slingshot four of them into the audience. One will break on impact. Then Reggie will tout how the "entire inventory of SNES Minis is available RIGHT NOW!"

And that was all of them.
*Members of the Treehouse read the above post*

*Reggie reads it over their shoulders*

Reggie: "Hire this man."

Tyaren

Do we by chance know when the conferences of Sony and Microsoft are held or likely held? Unfortunately I will be travelling with the family from June 15th on. So no chilling at home and experiencing E3 coverage from the coach this year. :( E3 always is like early Christmas to me, lol.

Psoelberg

I don't know - I don't feel the hype at all this year... though I haven't been given it much a attention, so that's probably why. It will no doubt come with full force a week before when leaks and rumors are getting more frequent.

Raide

Medium to high but still with things in check.

Scorpio Day 1 but i still hope they have some goods to talk about
Switch Day X where X=Monster Hunter.
PS4 Pro, if price gets dropped for next year.

I'm anticipating Nintendo announcing something substantial about virtual console. If they don't put a date on it, it's a big blow against the Switch in my book.

E3 is where extravagant promises are made and rarely kept. I'm more interested in games with actual release dates than ones announced years in advance. The cycle of hype, hope, disappointment, resentment and apathy is too familiar.

Ship some games people.

David___

Banned
Only care to see an announcement of a Horizon expansion and what Sucker Punch is up to. Other than that not really excited for E3

Top Bottom