• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 hype level check!

Pizza

Very! God of War, Spider-Man, maybe some Halo news, maybe Dreams, Battlefront 2, and Nintendo will try to convince me to buy a switch

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I love new hardware, so am very excited for Scorpio. Also looking forward to seeing what Nintendo shows off for Switch.

Scorpio would be cool if it was actually a new console. But it's just Microsoft's Pro (which wasn't exiting either, just a thing that happened). It's just not the same as a proper new console.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Very! God of War, Spider-Man, maybe some Halo news, maybe Dreams, Battlefront 2, and Nintendo will try to convince me to buy a switch

Ah, yes, I'm pretty excited about seeing some actual gameplay of SM. Do we know that's happening, or are we just assuming it will?

I am already inundated with my backlog as it is on top of life in general. If for whatever reason E3 is delayed for a whole year, I'll probably just shrug. As ever I will intermittently check in to see what's been announced, but my general cynicism wards me of much of the excitement when we have scripted conferences that generally show off either CG trailers or footage of games that may well not even be accurate vertical slices of what the final product will be.

I hope that we have another legendary E3 conference fail though, regardless of who it's from. I want something for posterity that we can later all look back on fondly and laugh at like Konami 2010 or the entirety of Nintendo 2008.

Pizza

Ah, yes, I'm pretty excited about seeing some actual gameplay of SM. Do we know that's happening, or are we just assuming it will?

Iirc it's a 2017 release so I'd be surprised if we didn't!

Also there were a couple other games from sony's 2016 conference that haven't been discussed since

Cloud7

I'm super hyped just because I'm going to E3 for the first time in my life. I've never been out west in general. Really hyped.

Skeeter49

If we look at Sunset Overdrive, or Ratchet, both had the game announced at one E3, and then gameplay show the next E3.
Spiderman should follow that formula.
Also Insomniac's Twitter has been filled with Marvel people checking on the game, and if a gameplay demo of Spiderman is shown, I'm sure Marvel wants that to be perfect.

Scorpio would be cool if it was actually a new console. But it's just Microsoft's Pro (which wasn't exiting either, just a thing that happened). It's just not the same as a proper new console.

True, it's not the same as a true successor, but I'm still excited and am very curious to see what they can do with it from a performance level and at what price they launch this at.

Well Sony has been on a roll these past two years and I'm liking what we've seen of the Switch so far so I'm mostly hyped for Sony and Nintendo. Want to see what else Nintendo is planning for the Switch and I wanna see more stuff like Horizon Zero Dawn and The Last Guardian from Sony as their more cinematic titles don't do much for me

ElRenoRaven

/checks hype level

I have a hype level of zero. Last several E3's have been pretty mediocre to downright awful. Really just not a fan of the direction consoles are heading to be honest. I figure there will be some Halo stuff and that's cool. Maybe some Bungie stuff.

m00h

Banned
I'm hyped for the E3 because of Nintendo alone. I'll decide after the E3 outcome, if I'll get the Switch or not. I'm also expecting The Witcher 3 port announcement for the Switch at the E3.

DrD

Hyped as hell for the possibility of DMC5. Seeing Cyberpunk 2077, Red Dead Redemption 2, Super Mario Odyssey, God of War, Spider-Man, and Death Stranding would be fantastic as well.

I'm happy with where the PS4 is at right now in terms of games announced so anything new that's announced is just icing on the cake. From Nintendo we should finally get to see Retro's new game, hoping for a 3rd person Metroid game. We might also get to see Bethesda's new sci-fi game.

Loris146

I'm hyped for the E3 because of Nintendo alone. I'll decide after the E3 outcome, if I'll get the Switch or not. I'm also expecting The Witcher 3 port announcement for the Switch at the E3.

Is this a joke?

Anyway can't wait to see more of Spider Man and hopefully the new Retro game.

Nintendo Hype Status: Amazingly hyped.

I'm hoping for some awesome things out of the Nintendo press conference (even though I don't have a Switch yet). I want to hear about the new games, I want to hear about the online subscription, and possibly the built-in online services (like the browser, streaming options, etc).

Playstation Hype Status: Cautiously Hyped

I want to maybe see a price drop, maybe some cool, unannounced things. Mainly I want to see Kingdom Hearts 3.

Xbox/Scorpio Hype Status: I'm done with you.

I'm tired of hearing Xbox promise things, show these cool games, then cancel them. If Cuphead is there, without a release date, I'm going to lose my fucking mind.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
In full hype mode for Nintendo. Looking forward for the bombs to be dropped. Or possibly the ball. Either way something is gonna drop and I cant wait!

Nintendo has my attention this E3. The Switch is becoming my primary console just because of where I am in my life right now. I want them to surprise me with something like Gamecube Virtual Console and have them set aside time for 3rd parties. We know Skyrim is coming to the Switch. Have a segment with Todd telling us what to expect with the Switch port of Skyrim and maybe even another Bethesda surprise announcement. It'll change how people see Nintendo. There's so much I hope they reveal and announce at E3 that even I have to admit my expectations are unrealistic.

I hope Microsoft nails it with the Scorpio this E3 for those who are interested in it and I hope they bring the exclusives for those who went XBone only. I don't support the XBox brand so I don't know what brings the hype to their fanbase besides Halo.

Sony has been having very good E3 these past few years. While I'm not as hot on them as I use to be I still hope they bring the Boom the way they have been in recent years.

Hype reserves still charging. Nintendo is Number One on my radar this year. Let's see those unannounced Switch titles. I'm getting a Switch in the fall.

Microsoft is on my radar too but I'm not getting Scorpio.

Sony I have zero expectations for, despite the titles yet to come this year that will likely be shown that I'm interested in. There's just too much happening with their competition this year.

Sure interested to see how it all plays out, particularly w Nintendo and 3rd party announcements, of which my expectation is there will be many.

Not really hyped this year.

I think Sony announced most of their surprises last year, I expect to see mostly more footage for games that we already know about.
Hopefully Horizon DLC. Bloodborne 2 announcement would do it for me, but I really don't expect that.

I'm not interested in Nintendo games, except Zelda and Mario Kart, and those two will already be out on Switch by E3. A completely new AAA IP by Nintendo could blow me away, but I'm not expecting that.

I think Microsoft will focus on 3rd parties and horsepower at their conference. Not exactly things that excite me.
None of their existing IP currently appeals to me. Halo 6 could turn things around but right now my love for Halo is kinda on hiatus.
I'm excited to see what cloud computing in Crackdown 3 can actually deliver, though.
I also expect MS to announce 399 for Scorpio.
If the games were more my thing I guess I'd be most hyped for their conference. I think it will be really good.

Buggy Loop

Hyped as fuck to see what the new faces at Nintendo are brewing up for E3.

_94908275_switch.png

Lucreto

Not as hyped as previous years since it's not one big marathon of conferences.

My hype will increase once Sony announce their conference.

jts

...hate me...
In the first year of Nintendo Switch? Absolutely.

-Super Mario Odyssey footage
-Zelda BotW DLC details
-details on already announced titles
-pre-planned title announcements
-sales-reaction title announcements

Just hook it to my veins.

I'm maybe alone within your hype train, but I really wish a re-reveal for Beyond Good and Evil 2! That would really make my day.

Oh and also World of Versus DLC, but that I'm really skeptical.

balgajo

No new Zelda no hype. Or at least no anxiety. But I'm looking forward some games.

Xenoblade 2
RDR 2
Elder's Scroll VI
New Metroid(Even though I don't play Metroid games I'm curious about it)
Some Mario Odyssey gameplay.
Skyward Sword HD
New 2d Zelda
BOTW DLC

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Surprisingly calm. Very very calm.
It'll kick in for me a week or 2 before E3 as usual though. Then we'll kick-in overdrive and steer this fish off the tracks as usual.

I'm hoping for a new Souls title. Dark Souls III is the weakest title for me. It might as well never have been made. II is miles better.

wtd2009

Once we have a solid conference schedule detailed my hype train will be full steam. Please show something substantial for ff7r.

Chumley

Banned
I don't think there's going to be any bombshell announcements at all. All of the big games were already announced last year and the year before, now they're just being developed.

trixx

Zero hyped. Can't be hyped for E3 anymore. Bunch of cinematic trailers of games coming 2 years later.

Probably will be once I actually watch conference and see cool stuff.

Velcro Fly

Interested to see more of Mario Odyssey and Fire Emblem Warriors and whatever else Nintendo wants to throw out for the Switch (and 3DS).

Otherwise I don't really care.

theofficefan99

I'm pretty sure this is going to be an exciting E3.

I'm just nervous about Square Enix's showing... I hope it's fantastic rather than lame.

Turkoop

Banned
People are saying they are totally not excited - I don't get it. This E3, there will be tons of gameplays, announcements and more. Just imagine following games and THEN say to me, I am not excited. There have to be at least 3 games you are fucking excited of.

RDR2, Spiderman, Days Gone, Detroit Become Human, God of War, Death Stranding, TLOU2, New Sucker Punch IP, Bloodborne 2, DMC5, Shenmue 3, VR stuff, Cyberpunk 2077, Vampyr, Call of Cthulhu, Dead Island 2, Star Wars Battlefront 2, Star Wars Visceral, Biowares new IP, Need for Speed, South Park The Fractured But Whole, Assassin's Creed, Mario Odyssey, Pokemon Stars, FFVII REMAKE, KH3, Hitman Season 2, Square Enix and Marvel partnership, Marvel vs Capcom, Scorpio, Crackdown, Sea of Thieves, Dying Light 2 or the next game from Techland, Horizon Zero Dawn Story DLC .....
And there's more! Exciting things and new IPs and new Games.

I. Can't. Fucking. Wait

jts

...hate me...
I don't think there's going to be any bombshell announcements at all. All of the big games were already announced last year and the year before, now they're just being developed.
Yup. And after development is concluded, we're officially done with big games.

That's not how it works.

Top Bottom