• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 hype level check!

CrazyHal

My hype is through the roof man! I can't WAIT for the CG trailers, the footage that's not representative of the final games, the graphical downgrades and the lies! So many lies!

E3 baby! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

With Zelda, FFXV, Last Guardian, RE7, and Horizon out of the way, yes it feels like we're all done here for a while. I'm personally excited for TLoU and REmake2.

A solid 7. Pre-PS4/X1 release it was a 10. Last year it was a 9.

I'm expecting gameplay or in-engine footage of games that were announced or known previously, but not too many new announcements.

People are saying they are totally not excited - I don't get it. This E3, there will be tons of gameplays, announcements and more. Just imagine following games and THEN say to me, I am not excited. There have to be at least 3 games you are fucking excited of.

RDR2, Spiderman, Days Gone, Detroit Become Human, God of War, Death Stranding, TLOU2, New Sucker Punch IP, Bloodborne 2, DMC5, Shenmue 3, VR stuff, Cyberpunk 2077, Vampyr, Call of Cthulhu, Dead Island 2, Star Wars Battlefront 2, Star Wars Visceral, Biowares new IP, Need for Speed, South Park The Fractured But Whole, Assassin's Creed, Mario Odyssey, Pokemon Stars, FFVII REMAKE, KH3, Hitman Season 2, Square Enix and Marvel partnership, Marvel vs Capcom, Scorpio, Crackdown, Sea of Thieves, Dying Light 2 or the next game from Techland, Horizon Zero Dawn Story DLC .....
And there's more! Exciting things and new IPs and new Games.

I. Can't. Fucking. Wait
Ctr+f agent

Who are you and what did you do with turkoop

People are saying they are totally not excited - I don't get it. This E3, there will be tons of gameplays, announcements and more. Just imagine following games and THEN say to me, I am not excited. There have to be at least 3 games you are fucking excited of.

RDR2, Spiderman, Days Gone, Detroit Become Human, God of War, Death Stranding, TLOU2, New Sucker Punch IP, Bloodborne 2, DMC5, Shenmue 3, VR stuff, Cyberpunk 2077, Vampyr, Call of Cthulhu, Dead Island 2, Star Wars Battlefront 2, Star Wars Visceral, Biowares new IP, Need for Speed, South Park The Fractured But Whole, Assassin's Creed, Mario Odyssey, Pokemon Stars, FFVII REMAKE, KH3, Hitman Season 2, Square Enix and Marvel partnership, Marvel vs Capcom, Scorpio, Crackdown, Sea of Thieves, Dying Light 2 or the next game from Techland, Horizon Zero Dawn Story DLC .....

I. Can't. Fucking. Wait
It is cool to say you are completely uninterested.

Kyle8497

I am overly excited for Nintendo's potential. I am really hoping they announce some amazing titles, especially a redeeming Metroid game.

Speely

Banned
I will say this: I have never played Destiny because I don't own a console for which it is available, and despite admiring the game as a spectator (my roomate plays it a LOT) it hasn't made me bite.

Destiny 2 might make me jump in. I am really looking forward to the D2 presentation.

Spiderman
Death Stranding
TLOU2
GOW
BF2
COD:WW2

I really dont want to see anymore DS until they have something substantial. Like its cool seeing Hideo and all but really if its just seeing trailers for the next 3 or so years until it gets released I'd rather them just go silent.

Platy

First E3 after a console launch is always fun .... even if it happens to turn into another xbox one e3 event that half of the announced games ended up being canceled =P

Which reminds me ... when exactly is E3 this year ?

Salty Hippo

Software wise, Sony will demolish anyone in their path this E3. I'm personally expecting a bloodbath tbh.

E3 is almost all about new announcements though. That's precisely why they did demolish the others in the last couple of years. They will have to pull something similar if they want to repeat that.

Omadahl

Banned
There's actually nothing I'm all that psyched for, but I'm a PC and 3DS gamer. Maybe there will be some surprises like a new Elder Scrolls or something.

Exodust

Banned

I. Can't. Fucking. Wait

I guess for me it's that most of the games that I wanted came out and delivered within a four month time span. So I'm both happy that happened but I don't see how the rest of the year can compete for me aside from Mario Odyssey and RDR2(if that even comes out this year).

The game I'm most hyped for is Cyberpunk, but I doubt that comes out this year and I don't think it'll be at E3. DMC5 and Bloodborne 2 are nowhere near confirmed, I'd love to have both but the former is very 50/50(Itsuno's game might just be DD2) and while the latter is plausible I don't think it would be out until early next year.

As far as the other games you mentioned, I honestly can't say I care for any of them. Death Stranding might be cool but I'm one of those "Kojima lost himself the further he got his head up his own ass" types. That's if it even comes out before 2019.

E3 was surprisingly awesome in 2015, and pretty good last year, but there have been more meh E3's than good. So far be it for me not to have too much hope.

Hawk269

Think for the first time in years, Sony will disappoint and Nintendo and MS will kill it

To be fair though, MS and Nintendo (fairly new hardware) both will have new hardware. I am not concerned with Sony or MS...my concern is with Nintendo...while I love Zelda, I worry about the too many ports of Wii U games. I know Mario and the end of the year is a whole new game, but Zelda is basically a Wii U game, Mario Kart is a prettied/beefed up Wii U port. I want something made ground up for the Switch and outside of Mario, I am not sure what they have.

hydruxo

I'm excited for Sony's conference. A lot of the games they showed off last year were early reveals, and this year we should get more gameplay from them. Plus they always have surprises. Can't wait to see what Sucker Punch has cooked up.

Ushay

MS bringing the beast, Scorpio. Easily my most anticipated conference.

Nintendo massively surprised me with Zelda, I'm loving it so much. Hoping for some great game announcements, fingers crossed for Metroid.

And Sony continues its heavy March with those amazing 1st party games.

Then you have Bioware with their new game. Possible Star Wars games too.

I am getting married the Saturday before E3 then going on my honeymoon for 2 weeks with limited cell and wifi.

I won't see E3 news until almost July. 😮

javadoze

Thinking about it, it has the potential to be a big blowout E3 with Scorpio and what Nintendo's planning for the Switch.

That said, it still feels quite far away.

Vinc

I essentially expect another E3 2014 in terms of the big three.

And while NIntendo and Sony have my most anticipated conferences, I expect Sony to not have as great a show as last year. Sucker Punch should announce their new game, and maybe we'll see another second-party partnership, but I expect them to focus on previously announced titles this year, which is always a bit less exciting, but nonetheless interesting. Nintendo should have a great show, with hopefully a roadmap of what to expect for the Switch next year.

I'm also very, very excited for Bethesda. I expect Wolfenstein and Evil Within 2, and that's plenty of hype for me.

Mediking

Think for the first time in years, Sony will disappoint and Nintendo and MS will kill it

More like the PS4 has games (and will continue to have games) and Nintendo needs to reach that high caliber for the Switch.

Microsoft.... uhhhh... I dunno about them...

Really interested in Nintendo's presentation; I suspect it will be the key factor in determining whether I get a Switch this year. There isn't anything I'm hyped for, though.

For Microsoft, I'm curious about the Scorpio, but I'm not expecting much in terms of software. Hope I'm wrong...

Oddly, despite owning a PS4 I'm not particularly hyped about Sony's conference this year either. They already have a solid lineup on deck, so anything extra is just a bonus.

I don't know.

Usually every year at E3, I was hoping for games like Shenmue or Crash to be announced. Now that's happened. Even last year I was looking forward to hearing about Scorpio. Was a bit disappointed at the time Sony wouldn't mention the pro even though they did have a good E3 conference.

Maybe if Valve come along and announce a bunch of 3s or Rockstar appear with RDR 2 footage.

b3b0p

I thought E3 was pretty much dead now? With the loss of print publication, the increased reliance on internet and social media seem to have pretty much killed it the last few years, no? Look at Nintendo, basically skipping e3. Aren't others also skipping or downgrading their presence greatly from the past e3's that we fondly remember with nerdy nostalgic goggle like glasses?

Hawk269

I thought E3 was pretty much dead now? With the loss of print publication, the increased reliance on internet and social media seem to have pretty much killed it the last few years, no? Look at Nintendo, basically skipping e3. Aren't others also skipping or downgrading their presence greatly from the past e3's that we fondly remember with nerdy nostalgic goggle like glasses?

The cost to put on a conference or even having a booth has sky rocketed. I have been attending E3 since it was included in CES. I don't think it is dying, it has certainly scaled down a bit. I remember when SWAG was really great back in the day.

Stuff still gets announced at E3. That is what is important for me.

I'm slightly excited, but I know the hype will fill my veins as the conferences approach. I even considered going to E3 when it became available to the public, but I'm staying home to enjoy it all with a group of friends over drinks and 420 :p

For Nintendo, I'm cautiously optimistic as I like the Switch to a point, but they really need to bring it with games that make me want the system. In reality, I'm likely going to hold off until they bring out an XL version next year, or a proper Metroid, F-Zero, or Starfox game come out without Myamoto screwing things up.

For Microsoft, I'm curious about how they plan to win back some of the fans they have lost favor with this gen, but mostly interested in the cloud-processing tech for Crackdown, and any major games that pique my interest. Scorpio isn't really a big deal to me, and neither was the Pro. If the majority of huge games were on Xbox rather than PS4, I would have waited for a Scorpio instead of getting the PS4 mid-gen refresh.

For PlayStation, I'm mildly excited but I have so many games to play and they have such a massive count of first party and third party deals coming up that I don't know where to look. I suppose I want more VR games for sure, but I think part of their strategy is to hold off on as many new announcements as possible so they come out swinging. Perhaps another live-audio setup would be cool, and where the heck is Sucker Punch Studios?

Other than that, I'm slightly confused but intrigued by what Bethesda and AMD keep clamoring about with regards to Fallout 4 VR, partly because I traded in Fallout 4 after just 3 weeks (kept my Pip Boy though) and because they keep going on about how big a deal it will be.

Hoping this is the year Nintendo makes me care about them again. I got a 3DS for the third party games and Fire Emblem, but never touched the WiiU.

Personally I'm hoping they decide to finally do Metroid right, show some of the new Fire Emblem, and prove that third party devs are supporting the Switch with interesting games and JRPGs.

Top Bottom