• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3: Kojima Announcing 2 Games, MGS5?

Ellis Kim

Banned
bigboss370 said:
maybe for a small part only hopefully.

Rising should be about Raiden and his story between MGS2 and MGS4. How he lost his body and his mission from Big Mama.
It'd be hilarious if Rising's opening had you controlling Snake for half an hour :D

I want Rising to start with MGS2 camera and controls, and then change to Rising when he's cyborged up. :x

~Kinggi~

Banned
This could be a brand new snake character with pretty much the same voice acting as Solid Snake.

They need a new franchise character anyway.

Messi

~Kinggi~ said:
This could be a brand new snake character with pretty much the same voice acting as Solid Snake.

I'd kinda be ok with this. I just want more metal gear and kojima madness.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
EmCeeGramr said:
Hopefully MGS5 is the Snake from the Ghost Babel universe jumping through a portal to prevent MGS4 from ever being made.
Follow parallel-universe Snake all the way to 1946-- to a world where our iconic hero Big Boss was in... High School!?

Teen hijinks all-around!

-Your mission? Guide time-traveling Snake through Operation: Virginous Mission: 12 scenarios of stealth action! Don't get caught by Lil Big Boss or you could cause a Time Paradox!

-Stop Lil Big Boss from asking Veronica to the prom! That's all that stands before you and your mission, time-traveling Snake!

rated E10 for everyone

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
EmCeeGramr said:
well, it will tell the story of how big boss got his trench coat. there was a dude with a trench coat named White Blackman who really loved The Boss, and the Cold War stuff happened, and then Big Boss and Vulcan Raven's dad and Nastasha's mom all work together to stop Metal Gear MELVIN, which is actually a computer program on DARPANET, which Big Boss is the first person to ever log onto, and then at the end White Blackman gives Big Boss his trench coat, and Big Boss salutes into the camera and a sad vocal song plays

edit: and then you see a baby liquid and baby snake and they look at each other like DUN DUN DUN
You already had me at "trench coat." Fucking dying here.

Verendus

Banned
I will hope Zone of the Enders 3 is making an appearance soon. I loved the second game.
Chemo said:
Hopefully Hayter has been recording for the way-fucking-overdue Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake remakes.

So fucking sick of Big Boss as the protagonist I can't stand it, but retelling the Snake vs Big Boss story... it's way past time for this shit to go down.
Alternatively, I would also welcome this. I've never played them and it would be nice to play as a younger Solid Snake. I don't see any logical way to extend the MGS story beyond MGS4. They already did a poor job of closing the series. No reason to further urinate on it.

EXGN

Kam said:
I will hope Zone of the Enders 3 is making an appearance soon. I loved the second game.

Alternatively, I would also welcome this. I've never played them and it would be nice to play as a younger Solid Snake. I don't see any logical way to extend the MGS story beyond MGS4. They already did a poor job of closing the series. No reason to further urinate on it.

You should play Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake. Still holds up really well. First one was pretty garbage in terms of story, but the second one actually had some great scenes.

rvy

Banned
Watch this be announced as, yet another, missing link from Big Boss' past. For NGP too, just to piss people off and make KP look like they're still on the ball as far as technology goes.

rvy said:
Watch this be announced as, yet another, missing link from Big Boss' past. For NGP too, just to piss people off and make KP look like they're still on the ball as far as technology goes.

I bet if you worked for them you could make all the right decisions for the series :)
lol

Dibbz

Ellis Kim said:
It'd be hilarious if Rising's opening had you controlling Snake for half an hour :D

I want Rising to start with MGS2 camera and controls, and then change to Rising when he's cyborged up. :x
or if the first hour you played as Raiden then the rest of the game you were Snake.

Prine

Banned
RedSwirl said:
For what it's worth, Peace Walker is the most content-rich Metal Gear game of all.
Makes no sense it being on psp then, I can't bring myself to play any game on a handheld unless its 5 minute bursts of puzzles.

THe game unfortunately doesn't exist until its on a mainstream console.

duckroll said:
There won't be any more Ac!d games ever. The director/writer/designer/creator who was responsible for that series has left Kojima Productions. He's still at Konami though, as a producer. He's working on NeverDead at the moment.

i didnt read this

Yen

Prine said:
Makes no sense it being on psp then, I can't bring myself to play any game on a handheld unless its 5 minute bursts of puzzles.

THe game unfortunately doesn't exist until its on a mainstream console.
Did you play Peace Walker?
Basically every mission was around 5 minutes except the final boss battle.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
duckroll said:
The quasi-logical step for an existing game is to cancel Rising because it's in development hell.
Source?

Despera

Banned
MoonsaultSlayer said:
Has no one mentioned Castlevania: LoS sequel? One game could very well be that as he was a producer. I'm hoping for it anyway.
I wouldn't mind that either, not after that ending.

Yen

Rez said:
He's said that a few times but no one has reported any trouble. It is kinda odd that after 2 years, all we've seen was a 50 second watermelon slicing clip.

~Kinggi~ said:

I'm all for this. Maybe there was another brother from the trio we don't know about. This new Snake looks like Snake/Big Boss, but has a different ideological view of the world.

shuyin_

Banned
Gunmonkey36 said:
If one of these two titles isn't Z.O.E. 3 I'm going to cry.
I dont'have a link, but i remember a translated interview in which Kojima said he would like to make ZOE 3 but after his current big project (i specified big, because he's also involved in smaller projects like Snake Eatre 3DS and some visual novel).

Xun

Jason's Ultimatum said:
~Kinggi~ said:

I'm all for this. Maybe there was another brother from the trio we don't know about. This new Snake looks like Snake/Big Boss, but has a different ideological view of the world.
Agreed.

I think the game should lose the "Solid" from the title and have a new story arc, but maybe that's just me.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Xun said:
I think the game should lose the "Solid" from the title and have a new story arc, but maybe that's just me.

Yep. I get why some people are tired of the series, but I'm a big fan and I'll gladly buy another one but it's needs to be a reboot, or at least something close to one. I liked MGS4 but I don't think there is any sense in trying to build off of that story. It's too convoluted and messy at this point, they're better off just wiping the slate clean and starting a new Metal Gear story. Maybe it could be set in the distant past or future from the main line games.

rvy

Banned
BIONIC-ARRRMMM!! said:
I bet if you worked for them you could make all the right decisions for the series :)
lol
What... re-envision Subsistence for the PS3? Yeah, probably.
Patch Trophies for MGS 4? Likely.
Release MGS 4: Sub*** with an additional 5 or 6 gameplay hours for the first act? Sure.
MGS Classics Collection for PS3, with MGS running on MGS 2's graphics engine and all 3 games at 1080p, 60 fps and all the extra content from the re-releases? You got it.

Xun

Snuggler said:
Yep. I get why some people are tired of the series, but I'm a big fan and I'll gladly buy another one but it's needs to be a reboot, or at least something close to one. I liked MGS4 but I don't think there is any sense in trying to build off of that story. It's too convoluted and messy at this point, they're better off just wiping the slate clean and starting a new Metal Gear story. Maybe it could be set in the distant past or future from the main line games.
Pretty much what I was thinking.

I'd rather see the future than the past though.

ArjanN

Yenrot said:
He's said that a few times but no one has reported any trouble. It is kinda odd that after 2 years, all we've seen was a 50 second watermelon slicing clip.

Well, there was this trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtM3PGyiQUc

And the cutting gameplay was 4,5 minutes actually, here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMdu_dUzjfE

As opposed to, say, Agent which was announced just as long ago and of which we've seen nothing, zero, zilch, nada.

MGS Rising is bound to be shown at E3, if it's not there, then you can start worrying.

Rising isn't in development hell, it was simply announced WAY earlier than it should have.
If you listen to the KP report they constantly name drop and tease that an info blowout would happen at "The next big games show" (Obviously E3).

In fact, only a month or two ago they held an art contest for Rising, so yeah...

neptunes

I forgot how promising the gameplay looks, I hope the game gets the usual Metal Gear treatment in regards to presentation .

Angelcurio

I still hope that he's working on ZoE3. I also want to see a ZoE HD collection. ZoE2 in HD would be amazing to see.

Regarding Metal Gear, i don't want a new game post MGS4 chronogically, since MGS4 ending was good as it was. Now, a proper Metal Gear 1 and 2 games (msx games) would definitely be interesting to see and play, since a lot of us didn't have the chance to play those games.

Huff

Banned
ArjanN said:
Well, there was this trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtM3PGyiQUc

And the cutting gameplay was 4,5 minutes actually, here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMdu_dUzjfE

As opposed to, say, Agent which was announced just as long ago and of which we've seen nothing, zero, zilch, nada.

MGS Rising is bound to be shown at E3, if it's not there, then you can start worrying.

Different styles of development. Rockstar shows games when their ready. MGS games are pretty open in their development. That we haven't seen much of Rising is not a good sign.

ArjanN

BroHuffman said:
Different styles of development. Rockstar shows games when their ready. MGS games are pretty open in their development. That we haven't seen much of Rising is not a good sign.

What I would argue is that we've seen a decent amount of MGS stuff, given that MGS games are pretty broad in scope and that there's a bunch of new tech in the game.

I don't think it's been long enough to be considered in development hell at all.

neptunes

BroHuffman said:
Well the same applies to MG. We really don't see MG until konami shows off a trailer. And there's really only 3 times a year you can show off a trailer. E3, gamescon, TGS. I'm sure we'll see a good trailer at e3. The development of rising doesn't seem out of the ordinary except that they've announced It earlier than their past tiles.

Spiegel

neptunes said:
Well the same applies to MG. We really don't see MG until konami shows off a trailer. And there's really only 3 times a year you can show off a trailer. E3, gamescon, TGS. I'm sure we'll see a good trailer at e3. The development of rising doesn't seem out of the ordinary except that they've announced It earlier than their past tiles.

MGS4 was announced at E3 2005
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alz2PAE4q4o&feature=fvst

And each year they showed at least two trailers up until launch on June 2008.

I'm surprised there are people who are genuinely really excited for Rising. Guess I'm just not aching to chop shit up in different angles and whatnot.

AAK

-Pyromaniac- said:
I'm surprised there are people who are genuinely really excited for Rising. Guess I'm just not aching to chop shit up in different angles and whatnot.

rising3.gif

That looks pretty damn cool. I have high expectations.

I think it'd be better for Kojima to be taken out back and shot than be forced to make more MGS games at this point.

I want to see him do something else - MGS has been run into the ground and shat on since 4.

Chinner

Banned
EmCeeGramr said:
well, it will tell the story of how big boss got his trench coat. there was a dude with a trench coat named White Blackman who really loved The Boss, and the Cold War stuff happened, and then Big Boss and Vulcan Raven's dad and Nastasha's mom all work together to stop Metal Gear MELVIN, which is actually a computer program on DARPANET, which Big Boss is the first person to ever log onto, and then at the end White Blackman gives Big Boss his trench coat, and Big Boss salutes into the camera and a sad vocal song plays

edit: and then you see a baby liquid and baby snake and they look at each other like DUN DUN DUN
and baby liquid will have a british accent and baby snake will have a bandana and smoke it'll be kool.

Top Bottom