• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3: Kojima Announcing 2 Games, MGS5?

brwdR.png

hmmmmm........

Beth Cyra

duckroll said:
There won't be any more Ac!d games ever. The director/writer/designer/creator who was responsible for that series has left Kojima Productions. He's still at Konami though, as a producer. He's working on NeverDead at the moment.

Now this really sucks.

I know they aren't the greatest games but I had more fun with them then MGS 4 and Portable Ops combined.

Hell I even skipped on Peace Walker yet was holding out hope for and Acid 3.

Furoba

Rahxephon91 said:
Devil

Orge?

Is he working on a Tekken Force action game?

Won't have anything to do with ogres. Kojima likely translated "oni" with ogre, while it actually means a daunting project in terms of scale or undertaking.

Furoba said:
Won't have anything to do with ogres. Kojima likely translated "oni" with ogre, while it actually means a daunting project in terms of scale or undertaking.
Well it sure would be a daunting task to make a good Tekken action game as even Namco has no idea how to make one.

-Winnie-

Tweet from David Hayter:
http://twitter.com/#!/DavidBHayter/status/56608048877277184

So, I got confirmation today... That I could possibly reveal the game... And the character... I've been working on for the past year.

What else could it be but Metal Gear? ;)

Despera

Banned
-Winnie- said:
Tweet from David Hayter:

Damn it. I was hoping for a new ZoE :(

Or maybe he's voicing a character other than Snake this time?

hmm...

~Kinggi~

Banned
-Winnie- said:
Tweet from David Hayter:

wow, seriously i'd love an MGS 5 but i would actually be surprised if that was the next Kojima game. For a long while he talked a lot about not wanting to do Metal Gear anymore. That MGS 3 and 4 were his last games or something.

jett

D-Member
-Winnie- said:
Tweet from David Hayter:

For fuck's sake leave Snake dead. All Snakes.

neptunes

How would announcing another Metal Gear NOT undermine the Rising team and what they're doing?

if this is true, there will be TWO metal gears, one headed by the younger staff and one by kojima. Hmm I wonder which game the fans will be looking forward to? (and sell more)

Shame on me for thinking Kojima would have done something different.

Messi

What does the tweet say, twitter is blocked here :(

Kohima give me snake or big boss with hayter dping the voice and you have my money.

~Kinggi~

Banned
neptunes said:
How would announcing another Metal Gear NOT undermine the Rising team and what they're doing?
If Konami is having money issues they are not gonna give a shit as long as a new proper mgs pays the bills. Rising is still probably considered a risk to them.

daffy

Banned
Messi said:
What does the tweet say, twitter is blocked here :(

Kohima give me snake or big boss with hayter dping the voice and you have my money.
@DavidBHayter David Hayter
So, I got confirmation today... That I could possibly reveal the game... And the character... I've been working on for the past year.

FTH: Doesn't look like it's gonna be Snake guys, we know that character.

ezekial45 said:
In what way?
well, it will tell the story of how big boss got his trench coat. there was a dude with a trench coat named White Blackman who really loved The Boss, and the Cold War stuff happened, and then Big Boss and Vulcan Raven's dad and Nastasha's mom all work together to stop Metal Gear MELVIN, which is actually a computer program on DARPANET, which Big Boss is the first person to ever log onto, and then at the end White Blackman gives Big Boss his trench coat, and Big Boss salutes into the camera and a sad vocal song plays

edit: and then you see a baby liquid and baby snake and they look at each other like DUN DUN DUN

Messi said:
Playing Snake in rising maybe?

maybe for a small part only hopefully.

Rising should be about Raiden and his story between MGS2 and MGS4. How he lost his body and his mission from Big Mama.

Chemo

Hopefully Hayter has been recording for the way-fucking-overdue Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake remakes.

So fucking sick of Big Boss as the protagonist I can't stand it, but retelling the Snake vs Big Boss story... it's way past time for this shit to go down.

Nessus

Mama Robotnik said:
I don't think we need a Metal Gear Solid 5. That last game failed in achieving many expectations and was pretty damn boring in a lot of places.

Plus it looks like he's setting up Mr. Diarrhea to take on Snake's role for subsequent games, which is just.. ugh.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
So Metal Gear Raidenovich Rising, Metal Gear Solid: Solid-3D Edition, and Metal Gear Maybe project.

none of these are new and none of these are zone of the enders or boktai.

theBishop

Banned
One thing I've always wondered about MGS4:

The gamespress always spoke about MGS4 360 as if it was a sure thing. Mark McDonald who seemed to be personally acquainted with Ryan Peyton would drop obvious hints as if he had inside knowledge that a port would happen. Even Peyton himself seemed fishy about it in interviews.

Did Sony and Konami know all along that a 360 port would never happen? Did Sony intervene at some point with more cash to prevent a port? Is it likely that even an incomplete 360 build exists within Kojima Productions?

NateDrake

theBishop said:
One thing I've always wondered about MGS4:

The gamespress always spoke about MGS4 360 as if it was a sure thing. Mark McDonald who seemed to be personally acquainted with Ryan Peyton would drop obvious hints as if he had inside knowledge that a port would happen. Even Peyton himself seemed fishy about it in interviews.

Did Sony and Konami know all along that a 360 port would never happen? Did Sony intervene at some point with more cash to prevent a port? Is it likely that even an incomplete 360 build exists within Kojima Productions?
The way the game makes fun of normal DVDs a deal must have done with Sony to block MGS4 to ever hit the 360.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
~Kinggi~ said:
If Konami is having money issues they are not gonna give a shit as long as a new proper mgs pays the bills. Rising is still probably considered a risk to them.
Konami isn't having money issues. By revenues, they are like the second biggest Japanese game publisher. They do more than just games.

Neiteio

I hope that they don't set any more MGS games post-MGS4 (chronologically, in terms of plot). I thought the ending of MGS4 was perfect the way it is. "A world without snakes." *sniffles, tears up*

Also, did someone get banned on the first page for suggesting GAF acts like a hive-mind occasionally? Because that's a fair observation that's been made by many people before. We still all think for ourselves, but there is a bit of an echo chamber effect that intensifies the like or dislike (especially dislike) for any given game.

Nessus said:
Plus it looks like he's setting up Mr. Diarrhea to take on Snake's role for subsequent games, which is just.. ugh.
I don't know about that. Although his reveal in 4 was a little surprising in terms of the focus that was put on it, i'm not convinced he's going to take over. I would actually like to see the series continue through Meryl - becoming almost like the Boss from MGS3.

Neiteio

Regarding Jett's "leave Snake dead" comment, I have to agree. MGS4 ended on such an epic, yet intimate note... For all its needlessly wordy speeches, it was still a rare, beautiful thing in gaming. Yet everytime they release a new MGS, they dilute it. I suppose non-numbered, pre-MGS4 installments (particularly on portables) like Peace Walker are fine. But I wish they'd let MGS4 remain the "end" of the story.

Top Bottom