• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3: Kojima Announcing 2 Games, MGS5?

rvy

Banned
If it's the 3 games in HD, count me in, depending on the port quality. If it's more MG from Kojima, count me out.
There's always a chance that it's a new project, with Kojima working with a Western studio, like duckroll has mentioned many times. Though I doubt Konami would want to risk creating a new ip these days.

So, most likely new MGS or HD Classics.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Only new IPs he would make, would have to be something like MGS Sidestory. They aren't leaving the universe or specifically brand name.

/XX/

duckroll said:
Maybe. Nothing I'm comfortable with sharing though. But I think that it's quite obvious that Kojima letting a "younger team" take on a big multiplatform project like that hasn't turned out as efficient or productive as he imagined. The releases so far (or lack thereof) speak for themselves.

Usually a MGS game, even if it's announced way before the eventual release, has major trailers and various new details at every big trade show. E3, TGS, GC. Rising not fitting this pattern says a lot.
I don't really know, but maybe the small size of the dedicated team is what delays the development of the game, no? I mean, from the information that they have released (not much) you can see that the largest part of 'KojiPro' is still involved in the development of Hideo Kojima own games since MGS4:GotP, with parts of the main team involved in MGS:pW, MGS3D, technical demos and future ongoing projects. Those seem like a excessive amount games for the same core team of MGS4:GotP (apart from the external contract work and internal help of other KONAMI teams) and they probably need all the manpower available. This is why I think the MGS:R team is the same segregated tiny circle of young developers who devised the concept of the game.

This seems to be a project too big, and Shigenobu Matsuyama already talked about a probable sequel, so as he is so confident on the future of his game, I suppose they could accomplish the task. Maybe they don't want to rush the job or in the future they can obtain more resources when the development is more advanced and other in-house projects are finished, I hope.

Nirolak said:
He could definitely try!
I hope so too! In fact I think that all this games simultaneously in development like MGS:R or the possible port of MGS:pW are a way for Hideo Kojima to delegate his functions on other team members and liberate himself in order to make new projects, while still pumping new games of the Metal Gear franchise to keep KONAMI happy.

AAK said:
Actually wait, what happened to that Suda51 & Kojima game?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=26200637&postcount=31

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I'm assuming carnivalofstupid.jpg has already been postesd so I wont even bother :I

Hoping for an NGP / PS3 project.

Preferably a new Zone of the Enders game but I'd love to see an original IP.

As Rising is coming I really don't feel like we need another MGS at this time and I'm sick of seeing Kojima churn them out year upon year. MGS4 is one of my fave games this gen, but seriously enough is enough with that series.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
AwShucks said:
Somebody didn't play Peace Walker. MGS still has plenty of gas in the tank and Peace Walker proved that
I agree, there's plenty of characters/events that can still be ruined/retconned ;)
I'm honestly hoping for a reboot or a completely new story arc.

Salaadin

AwShucks said:
Somebody didn't play Peace Walker. MGS still has plenty of gas in the tank and Peace Walker proved that

It should be the model for all future MGS titles - console and handheld. Small, self contained, and dripping with single player and multiplayer gameplay.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
-Pyromaniac- said:
Am I the only one who naturally thought that the NGP/PS3 project is the next MGS game?

Wouldn't be surprised if it was on NGP at least based on Kojima's comments.

Angry Fork

One of the games will most definitely be a cross-platform NGP/PS3 release. He alluded to it big time when they announced NGP, talking about how the future of games would be taking your console progress on the go and being able to play console games on the go and so on.

I think maybe either Peace Walker for PS3/NGP (completely re-done so it's basically a new game) OR a new MGS all together that isn't Rising for NGP/PS3.

Then the other game for PS3/360 I think will be his new IP he's been talking about for the past few years.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I'm guessing:

MGS Collection for PS3
MGS0: The Rise of Solid Snake
I've only played 1 and barely know the synopsis of the others, so yeah sorry if I get anything wrong.

Kagari said:
Wouldn't be surprised if it was on NGP at least based on Kojima's comments.

And the fact that his NGP tech demo was a cutscene from MGS4. I too have a feeling he won't let go of the series quite yet.

Appollowexx said:
And the fact that his NGP tech demo was a cutscene from MGS4. I too have a feeling he won't let go of the series quite yet.

What else could he demo to show off the visuals capabilities of the system?

God stop with the Metal Gear. It's off it's rocker. Bring back Snatcher. A modern more action Snatcher could actually do pretty well I believe.

Rahxephon91 said:
God stop with the Metal Gear. It's off it's rocker. Bring back Snatcher. A modern more action Snatcher could actually do pretty well I believe.

I'd like to see a new Snatcher, with a bit of a revamp and modern bells and whistles, I agree it could do very well.

rvy

Banned
Rahxephon91 said:
Yes, that's exactly what we need from Kojima. Another series with little to no actual gameplay and a plot waiting to get fucked in the ass by his evil retcon machine.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
... How about a Metal Gear Solid 4 HD Remake?

Zing! I got it before anyone else in this thread, oh yeah! SUPER TROLL!

rvy said:
Yes, that's exactly what we need from Kojima. Another series with little to no actual gameplay and a plot waiting to get fucked in the ass by his evil retcon machine.
A Snatcher remake made today would obviously have a lot more gamplay then the original. As for the plot, well maybe if Kojima shows some restraint it would turn out ok.

But lets see if something like LA Noire is successful. A cyber punk action detective game could be interesting.

LiK

It won't be anything you guys are expecting.

hideo-kojima-lol-2-021009-225px.jpg

rvy

Banned
Rahxephon91 said:
A Snatcher remake made today would obviously have a lot more gamplay then the original. As for the plot, well maybe if Kojima shows some restraint it would turn out ok.

But lets see if something like LA Noire is successful. A cyber punk action detective game could be interesting.
Why remake? If anything, they could make a game set in the same universe and rip-off Blade Runner as much as possible.

Adam Prime said:
... How about a Metal Gear Solid 4 HD Remake?

Zing! I got it before anyone else in this thread, oh yeah! SUPER TROLL!
Godlike. The post, not the remake.

rvy said:
Why remake? If anything, they could make a game set in the same universe and rip-off Blade Runner as much as possible.
Remake, re-imaging, or just a game with a similar setting. It dosen't really matter to me. I just would like to see something on it's order from Kojima. I believe he can do more then Metal Gear and I would just like to see something.

That and I believe MGS needs a rest.

Enough MGS, give me Snatcher, Policenauts, ZOE, Boktai, anything else. Even vanilla 2D Metal Gear at this point.

edit: Well, anything but LOS2.

rvy

Banned
Rahxephon91 said:
Remake, re-imaging, or just a game with a similar setting. It dosen't really matter to me. I just would like to see something on it's order from Kojima. I believe he can do more then Metal Gear and I would just like to see something.

That and I believe MGS needs a rest.
Oh, I don't know about that anymore.

rvy said:

Godlike. The post, not the remake.

You have no right criticizing the graphics of a game with that avatar of yours
(I like GH myself, but cut the bullshit that you do in EVERY MGS thread ever)

Every year I do this to myself hoping for a MGS style trailer that ends up being a ZOE trailer. Imagine controlling the mech with the NGP it's time.

rvy

Banned
BIONIC-ARRRMMM!! said:
You have no right criticizing the graphics of a game with that avatar of yours
(I like GH myself, but cut the bullshit that you do in EVERY MGS thread ever)
God Hand ran at sub-HD?

Top Bottom