• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3: Kojima Announcing 2 Games, MGS5?

a quasi-logical step for an existing game
Perhaps this will be to the NGP what the MGS3 on 3DS intends to be, so maybe MGS4 NGP version? Either way I fully expect this is the NGP title Kojima is working on, and it will have PS3 implementation to some degree.

As for MGS5, if it's there it will be in teaser form only, expect nothin' substantial.

I think that MG Rising game will be there, but it will look/play pretty different to what has been shown so far.

SamuraiX-

The Omega Man said:
you are just mad because you don't work at Kojipro anymore.

ohh sorry I got confused again because of your avatar

Oh yeah, wasn't that Ryan Payton's avatar?

Does he even post here anymore?

pharmboy044 said:
One of them is definitely the PS3<->NGP ....right?
Also, what's up with Rising? Why is it supposedly in development hell?

Game got announced too soon, back then was just a barely working room and a few ideas, it might never come out, I guess will have to wait till E3 and see

MGS Rising now an NGP-exclusive, touch-driven action game a la Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword.

I'm guessing that PSM3 wouldn't publish a rumor alluding to any unnanounced 3DS games, but what do I know...

Zeal

Banned
Rising is the only new game associated with MG i want to play. i would actually use the Move controller for once.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Please...no MGS5.

This is coming from a die hard fan who waited 8 hours for Kojima to get his autograph and owns every release, re-release and re-re-release of each metal gear game. It's over...don't continue it.

Miri said:
No. More. MGS. Please Let the series die already.

It shouldn't die; but Kojima should definatley step away from the series for a few years and work on some new ideas. Especially now there's a new team involved with a spin-off title.

The man has incredible talent and vision but he's beginning to squander it on a series that's burning itself out. As a huge MGS fan I don't want to see it go the way of Sonic, turning from gold to crap in the space of a decade. Stop making games now while the going is good and revisit the franchise in five or ten years time with a reboot.

I would have to buy a sequel to the greatest franchise in gaming but I really hope Kojima starts something new, fresh, bold and crazy. Come on bro, lets see what you got.

I'd be okay with another MGS if its another Big Boss game.

Hell I'd be more than okay with a PS3 version of PeaceWalker.

Sorry, I'm a whore I know.

In any case, if they DO make another MGS, console or not it should use PW's mission system. It added so much depth.

Lion Heart said:
I would have to buy a sequel to the greatest franchise in gaming but I really hope Kojima starts something new, fresh, bold and crazy. Come on bro, lets see what you got.
Yeah, I'd buy Baldur's Gate 3 too. But probably not if Kojima made it.

RiverBed

Banned
I wouldn't be too excited since both games may not be with him at the helm. Remember the last two games he presented that had NOTHING to do with him? Rising and Castilvania. I have no doubt he was only 'consulted' on those for the sake of putting his name on it much like with ZOE games.
Also, with NGP, many publishers are expected to port their current and upcoming games including Konami and they'll sure as hell use Kojima's name and any other for marketing.

I don't know what he'll announce- or be announced under his name- But I'll only be interested if they were original games that he is actually driving/taking a main seat at production.

We'll see.

For now, I am only excited about NGP full reveal and of course the customary new games- especially original IPs.

While I'm at it, I want to say that I really hate those teasers that only really show you the logo of games releasing 2 or more years later. I mean, what the fuck am I supposed to do with that?

Final note: if Battlefield 3 is announced for NGP with real online play I will officially die.

Konosuke

Yep, it's obvious that Kojima is hinting at HD Peace Walker remake, must be the result of the Facebook survey. 2nd game is ZoE3, no question about.
Please God let it be!!!

I've been hoping for a ZoE3 announcement for the past... 5 E3's? yeah 5. At this point I don't think I would even care much if they DID announce it.

SamuraiX- said:
11bry42.jpg
December 6, 2008? We're late!

kvn

Shalashaska said:
The MGS series is Konami's breadmaker, they won't let it die until sales fall off a cliff.

After that they force Kojima to join the Winning-Eleven team and we get awesomely choreographed 30 min substitution cutscenes.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
*sigh*...I've wished for ZoE3 for so long. ZoE2 was one of the most incredible PS2 (or rather, gaming) experiences I ever had when I first ran through it. It was just crazy the fluidity of the movements and the incredible graphics. Ramp that up to the current gen levels and what Kojima and company could do with it...and it would have the potential to be the best looking/feeling games of the gen bar none.

Please. I have no hopes. But please announce ZoE3.

RiverBed

Banned
Unlike most here, I REALLY want to see new IPs from not only Kojima, but other Japanese devs. Those guys are innovative and wacky when it comes to game design and they just salvate over new tech options just like NGP- and don't we all?

ZoE is boring, but a new Snatcher would be amazatron. I'd love to see what kind of madness they come up with.

I'd be all over MGS5 though. No matter how stupid the story gets, the games are always full of interesting stuff.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Chances are it's the MGS HD Collection, but with MGS2/MGS3 & MGS: PW
MGS5 will be the new project, MGS1 wont get a HD release

Bizzyb

Banned
duckroll said:
The quasi-logical step for an existing game is to cancel Rising because it's in development hell.

How so? Game looks like it's coming along well. No?

edit: Peace Walker really needs to be released outside of the psp. Sales were abysmal and not enough people got to experience it. Put it on 3DS or HD consoles as an arcade game or something.

Top Bottom