• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3: Kojima Announcing 2 Games, MGS5?

paskowitz

- Continuation of the Peace Walker / Porable Ops style game but for NGP
- MGS4 (better version). Tons of extras like MGS3S, Konami ID-less MP w/tons of new content, exclusive Rising Demo, only on PS3...
- Unannounced mystery new IP

No MGS5.

Maybe MGS1-3 HD remakes... :)

rvy

Banned
BIONIC-ARRRMMM!! said:
notsureifserious.jpg
What do you think? I'll give a a hint though. God Hand cost me 30€ to play and I had the time of my life. MGS 4 cost me 800€ and I have bitched and moaned about the experience for years now.

Appollowexx said:
God Hand didn't even have graphics!
god-hand-gtfoepw9.gif

Kojima + Western Studio = Neo Tokyo FPS/TPS inspired by Ghost in the Shell. Now. Please. Make it happen.

If it must be a MGS game, I hope it's a complete reboot. Has nothing to do with the previous games. It could have the same characters and themes, but messed around with. I would also like a new visual style.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Just be MGS 3 for 3DS and more on Metal Gear Rising. Just leave the series alone Kojima. Let it go.

And get your ass back on ZONE OF THE ENDERS! HURRY THE HELL UP! >=(

Go_Ly_Dow

One will be an NGP title and the other will probably be his Taboo game or whatever it is.

In a perfect world it would be Zone of Enders 3.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Rahxephon91 said:
God stop with the Metal Gear. It's off it's rocker. Bring back Snatcher. A modern more action Snatcher could actually do pretty well I believe.
Stay sure that a new, big budget Snatcher would be called Metal Gear Snatcher.

jett said:
God Hand ran at sub-SD!
God Hand ran. That's enough for me, I guess.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I hope one of those are a new or non-MGS Kojima IP. I rather not find out he is making MGSx and a new Beatmania.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I think 'quasi-logical step for an existing game' is probably his NGP project - for example, perhaps Metal Gear Online for NGP. That could make sense as the universe he wants to have seamless across home and handheld.

Skilletor said:
Seems like that would kill any hype for Raiden's game.

This. I doubt even if he wanted to, Konami would let him announce a new console MGS. I still have Peace Walker in the plastic! I need a minute here...

Cyborg

Here are the facts..

1. On the PS only one MGS game
2. PS2 he brought us two MGS games
3. PS2 he brought us ZOE 1+2
4. PS3 he brought us MGS4 :)

So.......Its MGS 5, the second MGS for the PS3 and ZOE 3.

gofreak said:
I think 'quasi-logical step for an existing game' is probably his NGP project - for example, perhaps Metal Gear Online for NGP. That could make sense as the universe he wants to have seamless across home and handheld.

I always felt the online component was the series weakest area, so an entire game dedicated to multi seems like a waste. Just my opinion though, maybe some enjoy it?

neptunes

Appollowexx said:
I always felt the online component was the series weakest area, so an entire game dedicated to multi seems like a waste. Just my opinion though, maybe some enjoy it?
Maybe He thinks he'll capture that Monster Hunter userbase?

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Ilúvatar said:
Finally that nightmare sequence from MGS3 is getting it's full-length release! :p
I think it was called Guy Savage. I know some of its combat mechanics carried over to Lunar Knights, albeit not in 3d.
The lead designer on it isn't with KojiPro anymore, I think

EXGN

Serenade said:
I think it was called Guy Savage. I know some of its combat mechanics carried over to Lunar Knights, albeit not in 3d.

Shuyo Murata was a writer for Peace Walker, did he quit recently?

Serenade said:

Wait..what? Shuyo Murata left KojiPro?

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
EXGN said:
Shuyo Murata was a writer for Peace Walker, did he quit recently?
SolidSnakex said:
Wait..what? Shuyo Murata left KojiPro?
No, I was mistaken. My bad.

There's still hope! Even though the game was like 3 minutes, slicing up and dismembering zombie police-cops was good fun

Only one mention to a sequel to this game?

Castlevania-Lords-of-Shadow-PS3-Patch-Available-for-Download-2.jpg

Really GAF?

Sometimes we let our fantasies get in the way of our realities. Didn't Konami or Kojima state that they were interested in doing a sequel?

Flying_Phoenix said:
Only one mention to a sequel to this game?

Castlevania-Lords-of-Shadow-PS3-Patch-Available-for-Download-2.jpg

Really GAF?

Sometimes we let our fantasies get in the way of our realities. Didn't Konami or Kojima state that they were interested in doing a sequel?

And after that awesome ending I'd be interested in playing one...

-Pyromaniac- said:
Although anything could happen that game is not a Kojima game so it's not hard to believe no one speculated on it.

But really? Snatcher 2? ZOE3? Policenauts 2 (I'm assuming someone guessed this one)?

Face it, Kojima isn't going to be working on your dream game. It very very rarely turns out that way.

Clott

I really do hope he does something new, if not then ZOE3 thank you. I think it is amazing how far he has taken the metal gear saga, but I really want for him to have a clean slate, surprise us, introduce us to a new world filled with new characters.

The man is obviously talented and has a huge imagination, he deserves a new IP.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
MrPliskin said:
MGS5 was on PSP and it was amazing. Fuck anyone who didn't buy it.

Amazing? The story managed to be as much a piece of shit as MGS4 and the gameplay was all over the place. On one hand, it managed to bring much of MGS4's excellent gameplay to the table, and unlike MGS4, it actually had a lot of levels to use it in, both in the main campaign and Substance-esque side missions. On the other hand, fulton recovery gets old after doing it for the 500th time, some of the bosses take forever and a day to do alone, and the last boss has a motherfucking pop song for background music.

E3 will bring a gigantic Rising showing. If there is another MGS title, it'll be on NGP for sure. Don't forget that those peoples are already busy porting MGS3 to the 3DS.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
rvy said:
Yes, that's exactly what we need from Kojima. Another series with little to no actual gameplay and a plot waiting to get fucked in the ass by his evil retcon machine.

Good thing Snatcher's story was already garbage.

The only really interesting thing about Snatcher was its old 80's anime art style. and I don't think that'd survive the transition into a modern game.

I'm down with more metal gear titles as long as they're more gameplay focused entries like PW over big narrative driven games like MGS4.

If they announce an NGP title similar to PW I will go preorder one THAT VERY SAME DAY

Cwarrior

duckroll said:
That's because Rising isn't even a game. It's barely a tech demo.

i wonder what going to come out first at this point riseing or ff13vs(development hell lol)

Am betting rising going to look nothing like the tech demo

Top Bottom