• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 Nintendo Direct 2013.6.11 - 11 pm Japan Time, 3 pm BST, 10 am EDT, 7 am PDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAPitts

ikfhmyjbi.gif

lol yes, my NEW favorite

Anybody remember these rumors?

– Nintendo is hoping to play it’s cards right with new hardware add ons and a huge first party push next year where they will reveal games for both holiday 2013 and 2014, a total of 1/3rd of their internal development software. Nintendo has also been shopping around for third party developers where instead of buying them outright, either funds projects or their marketing/localization to make them exclusive or feature packed for Wii U or Nintendo 3DS. Expect more projects like Bayonetta 2 to be announced next year including a partnership that will cause huge shocks when it’s announced even worse than Bayonetta 2. My sources do not think it’s the wildly talked about Devil’s Third being a Wii U exclusive because most people have been buzzing about that and Nintendo is “keeping it extremely close to it’s chest”.

– Nintendo’s core first party line up for E3 will be the next 3D Mario game that will be out by Holiday 2013, a next Zelda adventure for the Nintendo 3DS, a double dose of Kirby with the return of Tilt ‘n Tumble for Wii U and Kirby’s Pop Up Pannick for Nintendo 3DS, a new HD Yoshi’s Island game, Donkey Kong Land Returns for Nintendo 3DS, new Fatal Frame for Wii U, the new Retro Studios title which may or may not make Holiday 2013 and two new IPs.

– There was a pitch at Retro Studios for a new Metroid game that I have no idea if was scrapped or if it was made into a full game. I do know the pitch was an FPA like the Prime games and it took in between Other M and Fusion. It was suppose to deal with an entire planet that in a conflict between the good guys and the Space Pirates caused a fracture in time that allowed half of the dead planet to come back to life including the dead Chozoo colony. It was suppose to deal with the mystery of the Chozoo, Samus upbringing and that the Chozoo were more war like than imagined. It was also suppose to feature Wii Motion Plus control along with two player co-op with the new Chozoo partner on the gamepad, allowing more crazy exploration and puzzle solving. Being isolated, together was the theme. Multiplayer is also planned. Besides working on that internal next-gen engine for Wii U and a smaller team for Donkey Kong Land Returns, we know that some of the pitches included an entirely new IP based around the GamePad, a revival of Raven Blade and a reboot of Mach Rider.

– Mainline 3DS Pokemon game needs roughly two more years before it’s released. Uses a full 3D engine and will have a story dealing with a world wide crisis. A new Pokemon type will be introduced (has not been done since Gold and Silver) and while not as many new Pokemon as in past gens older Pokemon will get new abilities and forms. Will maximize the Nintendo 3DS use of 3D, StreetPass and online connectivity. The first NFC game for Wii U will be a next gen Battrio game coming out in ]

Bolded what was true. Well for the new type thing its been almost confirmed. Not sure what to think as a lot of those were easy guesses although a new yoshis island and dkc 3DS game weren't neccesarily. The only thing that really makes me question it is the retro stuff. That retro stuff sounds like fanfiction and slightly off putting. I'm willing to look past some of the missing or slightly off details like dkl3D by retro or the development of pokenon because I assume the source did a little fill in the blank. However the two missing kirby games is another matter.

Edit: just read the other non nintendo stuff. Nevermind lol.

Elfteiroh

Anybody remember these rumors?

*SNIP*

Yeah, some rights... BUT, reading the original article, everything non-nintendo have been proven quite false to date. o_O

Also: Hello again! I'm BACK! After all the meltdown from last year, post-E3, I was quite bummed and said: "Eh, I'll never again go to NeoGaf for my annual E3 hype"... But all considered, I really can't get away from all these marvelous gifs you post! So here I am for my SECOND year as a Junior Member getting ready for E3 aboard the Hype Train (hopefully without being banned
never been, and I don't plan to
)

Can't wait for this presentation, and can't wait to be a part of the Hype Pic again this year! :D

I guess I'm just really skeptical by nature. Even if Retro's game really were StarTropics, I'd believe that he just got lucky before he got actual information.

effzee

What excites me the most is that, well, Nintendo's E3 conferences were always American-centric. Now, we may have Japanese-centric announcements because the Japanese have a Direct running at the same time.

Wouldn't the Japanese and European directs be the exact same thing just maybe different languages?

Star Tropics U would get all 40 people that still fondly remember the original games excited.

Or if it looks awesome, it would be like a brand new IP for most people while also bringing in a crowd that loved the original.

Hell I don't even know what it is. But if Retro manages to make a cool looking game out of it that plays well then to me its a new IP!

I'd still prefer a shooter from Retro with a great multiplayer set up but lets see. I don't trust these rumors.

Meelow

Banned
http://playeressence.com/amazon-uk-...g-microsofts-xbox-one-reveal/?fb_source=pubv1

The Xbox One’s disappointing reveal has shot up sales of the Wii U on Amazon.com. The system was at #390 before the conference, but now has shot up to #40 due to Microsoft’s glorified TV box.

This momentum should carry Nintendo right into the summer as they have big plans for the Wii U at E3 and this fall. The console race has just begun but it’s good to see gamers are picking up a system that’s dedicated to gaming first, and multimedia second.

Since I have no idea where to post this I will post this here, but interesting if true.

Kangi

Can I go ahead and take a bet?

Okay, I am fairly sure that Retro Studios is working on a Star Fox game.

I have nothing to back this up other than strong feelings.

effzee

I guess I will ask this here.

What are some of the rumored third party games to be announced? Are there any? Or just multiplatform stuff from Ubi, Activision, and possibly EA?

I know Wii U gets an exclusive deal with Sega for three games.

Anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom