• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 Nintendo Direct 2013.6.11 - 11 pm Japan Time, 3 pm BST, 10 am EDT, 7 am PDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neiteio

These fucking rumors, man

S57kRbA.gif

Volotaire

Errrrr but Amazon.com doesn't even sell WiiUs directly. I wonder if that means people were dropping prices of their WiiUs (maybe to get XBones? lol).

It says Amazon UK, not USA. They sell Wii U through here. They also dropped the price here of the premium on Amazon to 229£

Servbot24

Banned
If Pikmin 3, TW101, Mario 3D and Mario Kart are the big titles for this year then I can easily wait until next holiday. Hopefully they have at least one more big title ready aside from those.

Darryl

Banned
here's an old quote from Iwata that should cause some GET HYPE. back in very late 2009. of course it's 2013 now and so far most of nintendo's projects that we know of have been fairly safe. it will be interesting to see which of their projects are attempting to be unexpected hits

Iwata said:
Rather, my job is to find out the potentials in something that others could not find a possibility, to secretly pour the resources into them and to realize the situation that the products have already become great hits before no one else know.

secretly pour resources, huh mr iwata. i wonder which studio looks like it is having the secret resources poured into it huh?? monolith soft and retro studios eh?? you think we didn't see that?

Sadist

I guess I will ask this here.

What are some of the rumored third party games to be announced? Are there any? Or just multiplatform stuff from Ubi, Activision, and possibly EA?

I know Wii U gets an exclusive deal with Sega for three games.

Anything else?
Mostly multiplatform.

Maybe a weird collab project with Capcom or S-E.

?oe?oe

Hmm, I never realised Star Tropics and it's sequel were released on Virtual Console. Who said they were forgotten?!

kunonabi

it's like zelda but quirky and under-appreciated. i tried it and thought it was a pretty bad game but it has a lot of modern possibilities.

I liked it until every dungeon forced you to constantly search for invisible ghosts in order to proceed.

Best case scenario: All of our beloved Nintendo franchises + New IP's are in development. Worst case scenario: Nintendo partnered with Nike to bring us Cross Fit U.

Neiteio

Holy crap I better address all these quoted posts really damn fast!!

Regarding Retro, it's Star Tropics U. I posted that a few weeks ago and stand by it.

Regarding Mario,,giving the exact title's a lot riskier..rather ill state one of the titles that was being debated and that should give you a good idea what the final title is...Super Mario Retroverse U.

Regarding Mario Kart..believe me, I expected an all new game too and am surprised its just a souped up 7. If you wanna sell to a potential username, with guaranteed sales sometimes you need to play it safe with something that's sold well.

Regarding Smash Bros...in the trailer, with the silhouette stuff, the camera is flying down an open space with the characters standing on the sides. There's a LOT if characters this time. Samurai had said he didn't want as many but they decided to go all out this time for the fans. They're wanting to do a Dojo type thing again since the last time was received very well.

Regarding 3DS direct: the U and 3DS directs are bith happening period. They had to decide 3DS or U first. Due to the U's situation and anxious people U is going first. 3DS a few days later.

Regarding Zelda: I saw one post say bs because how can I be so detailed with a 2015 game. I don't know the exact storyline for the new game. I only know its the longest in the series. I also stand by they're trying to decide which core concept to go with..they're looking for a happy middle between those that want an easier, more hand hoody experience and those that want something far more difficult. At the same time provide something more open world. THAT'S what's making development take quite a while.

Here's why I hate rumor mongering..some people who do get inside info are in fact correct but this stuff can change daily, hell hourly and if that happens then you have egg on your face. Look at Retro last year. That trailer was in the actual presentation schedule and got pulled at the last possible moment. That's why this rumor stuff can be so shaky. Some of us try to be generous and if it changes on a dime you're left in a bad spot. As of right now, Retro, 3D Mario, kart, Smash, trailers for X and Yoshi..all 100 percent sure to be in that direct. If any mod has any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM. As of this hour I can stand by my statements.
Have the mods checked this guy yet?

Have they?

5c2.gif

Effect

is star tropics a game everyone wants them to do? really?

This is my big problem with this style of rumor or whatever it is. When has there ever been a calling for Retro to do this game? Or a call for it to even be revisited?

I'm not saying they couldn't do it. Or it would be insane since Nintendo did resurrect Kid Icarus out of nowhere and I'm glad they did. I just have problems with the part it being something fans have been calling for. The only thing fans have been calling Retro to do is another Metroid Prime and that got louder after Metroid Other M.

Now if the mods check him out as having valid sources then okay. Doesn't mean what he's posted will end up true since things do change. Misinformation is likely put out there as well.

Neiteio

The whole "Retro's working on something everyone wants them to make" was itself a rumor, was it not? It was never actually said by anyone close to the company.

Sandfox

SmokeMaxX

It's just Amazon US that doesn't sell Wii Us direct if I recall correctly.

This is correct. Not sure what's going on between amazon us and NoA

It says Amazon UK, not USA. They sell Wii U through here. They also dropped the price here of the premium on Amazon to 229£

That's only in the US.

Yeah yeah. I see that now. The original quote said Amazon.com not Amazon.co.uk. Amazon.com is the US website.

DaBoss

Wow, I don't browse GAF for nearly a day and this gets announced. HYPE!

Errrrr but Amazon.com doesn't even sell WiiUs directly. I wonder if that means people were dropping prices of their WiiUs (maybe to get XBones? lol).

Only Amazon US. Amazon Canada even sells hardware directly.

EDIT: I see everyone has told you already lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom