• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3: Pokemon X and Y Presentation/Q&A (June 11, 6PM PT)

Does that Pokedex even contain all 650 pokemon? Also they'd have to add like 100+ from gen VI. Suddenly it makes a lot of sense that Pokemon console games are few and far between.
And I actually loved Colloseum and XD

Yeah, it does and all of their forms and variations. 100+ Pokemon from this Gen wouldn't take that much time, to be honest, relative to the amount of time it took to do the exisiting 650. :p

gosox333

No photos or videos? They wouldn't do that if there wasn't substantial information being presented I'd think.

And I don't even wanna imagine the possibility of embargoes....

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
No photos or videos? They wouldn't do that if there wasn't substantial information being presented I'd think.

Maybe live posting?

But then knowing journalists, they can fumble a lot of info.

JoeM86

I wonder if we'd know most of the conference through Coro Coro.

This is very likely, yes

This is actually standard procedure at their roundtables. Back in 2009, issues arose when someone did it and posted the art for Skyward Sword, which led to Nintendo doing it themselves.

We'll get information from it, absolutely, but images and videos other than those officially released are not likely.

If this isn't being streamed online, and they won't be allowing photos or video to be taken....then I wonder how much time they'd really be likely to spend on relatively pointless things like franchise history and background information. As has already been pointed out, the 90 minute E3 Roundtables done by Nintendo previously have covered 4-5 games. I believe those typically also included Q&A segments too, didn't they? I find it hard to believe they'd use this to solely talk about Pokémon X/Y, given that. Sure, there might be a lot of info left to announce, but you'd expect Pokémon Smash and CoroCoro to have us covered for that. And if they're telling these journalists things that haven't already been announced in Smash or CoroCoro....what's the point of that exactly? Wouldn't they be shooting themselves in the foot by not streaming that online, in that case?

While I'd agree, the invite specifies that it is a Pokémon X & Y developer presentation/Q&A. If it was to include more stuff, including more Pokémon games, they'd have just said it was a Pokémon developer Q&A. At the very most, outside of X & Y, we'd learn about companion games akin to Dream Radar with B2W2, but I don't see that as likely.

Hey, Merrick, if you don't have uni/work/have spare cash you should go over there. It can't be too hard to pretend to be a member of the press.

JoeM86

Hey, Merrick, if you don't have uni/work/have spare cash you should go over there. It can't be too hard to pretend to be a member of the press.

I was actually going to go, but I chose not to this year, thinking I'd need to be home since it's CoroCoro leak time, which may be the stupidest thing I have done for a while.

Firestorm

If this isn't being streamed online, and they won't be allowing photos or video to be taken....then I wonder how much time they'd really be likely to spend on relatively pointless things like franchise history and background information. As has already been pointed out, the 90 minute E3 Roundtables done by Nintendo previously have covered 4-5 games. I believe those typically also included Q&A segments too, didn't they? I find it hard to believe they'd use this to solely talk about Pokémon X/Y, given that. Sure, there might be a lot of info left to announce, but you'd expect Pokémon Smash and CoroCoro to have us covered for that. And if they're telling these journalists things that haven't already been announced in Smash or CoroCoro....what's the point of that exactly? Wouldn't they be shooting themselves in the foot by not streaming that online, in that case?
They revealed the friggin' Smash Bros. Brawl reveal trailer at a non-streamable roundtable @_@ Do not underestimate Nintendo.

Maybe we'll get Pokemon Stadium 3!

which may be the stupidest thing I have done for a while.
Yep.

Maybe we'll get Pokemon Stadium 3!
Pok%C3%A9mon_Battle_Revolution_Coverart.png

I mean, if they can completely strike this off the record and make an actual Pokémon Stadium 3 then please, Nintendo, by all means do so.

Firestorm

I think the only thing anyone I know has ever used PBR for is practicing for tournaments back when the DS games didn't have random matchmaking. Even then they had to fight through the crowds of people using random banned mons like Palkia and Jirachi and whatever else to get to the other people also actually trying to use it for practice.

The single player in that game was so disappointing ugh. I also remember doing offline multiplayer for singles and having to change my Charizard's EVs every time I wanted to play because PBR only let you do LV50 and Pearl had LV100.

Need a real Stadium 3 please :( With real minigames.

They revealed the friggin' Smash Bros. Brawl reveal trailer at a non-streamable roundtable @_@ Do not underestimate Nintendo.

I'm aware. The difference is that that one allowed video to be taken by the press, which is why we got to see those copies of the trailer online fairly quickly afterwards. This time, it looks like they're cracking down on that sort of thing a lot more harshly.

I'm aware. The difference is that that one allowed video to be taken by the press, which is why we got to see those copies of the trailer online fairly quickly afterwards. This time, it looks like they're cracking down on that sort of thing a lot more harshly.

Because of course the release of that trailer did nothing but bad for Brawl. Uh huh.

No way. If there's something worth seeing coming out of this, it'll be made available one way or another. Bet on it.

JoeM86

Because of course the release of that trailer did nothing but bad for Brawl. Uh huh.

No way. If there's something worth seeing coming out of this, it'll be made available one way or another. Bet on it.

Absolutely. If there's anything like a new Pokémon reveal, say a new type, antagonists name, new battle mechanic etc. then it will be in a press release within 24 hours

TrickRoom

Anyone think they'll mention how they'll do the anime, given how close it is to promoting the games (and happens to be lagging behind due to worldwide launch)?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Anyone think they'll mention how they'll do the anime, given how close it is to promoting the games (and happens to be lagging behind due to worldwide launch)?

I think they might talk about the future of the franchise overall...they mentioned back when XY was revealed about the anime and tcg "going into a new dimension" or something.

Alright, someone in the press NEEDS to ask the developers if they expedited the pokemon transfer process. Now that we will have something like 700 pokemon, just imagine how many hours you would have to put in the game JUST to transfer over your DS pokemon 6 at a time after you catch them in some stupid mini game. Hopefully this is the generation GameFreak finally gives us a break and allows for a seamless drag and drop transfer from our DS games to the 3DS X/Y pak. If they do, then I'll actually try to catch them all this time. It just became too tiresome to spend hours transferring all of my pokemon over to the new games every 2 years. I eventually said "screw it" I'll just beat the game and ignore the "gotta catch em all" aspect

backlot

Alright, someone in the press NEEDS to ask the developers if they expedited the pokemon transfer process. Now that we will have something like 700 pokemon, just imagine how many hours you would have to put in the game JUST to transfer over your DS pokemon 6 at a time after you catch them in some stupid mini game. Hopefully this is the generation GameFreak finally gives us a break and allows for a seamless drag and drop transfer from our DS games to the 3DS X/Y pak. If they do, then I'll actually try to catch them all this time. It just became too tiresome to spend hours transferring all of my pokemon over to the new games every 2 years. I eventually said "screw it" I'll just beat the game and ignore the "gotta catch em all" aspect

Maybe the old games just won't be compatible at all. Don't take anything for granted.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I don't know if I've ever seen Ishihara before, outside Iwata Asks. Should be interesting.

It being 90 minutes got me pretty excited, but then I thought that most of that could end up being nothing important.

I hope I'm wrong.

I can't shoot down my own E3 hype! That just ain't right.

Boss Doggie

You do know that transferring Pokemon isn't just drag and drop with a mini-game right? They're actually converting data to be more applicable to the gen they are being transferred into. Unlike Gen 1 and 2 which shared similar data (hence you can bring compatible Pokemon back and forth), the efficiency of data in 3 onwards means each gen has their own structure. That's why a converted Pokemon cannot return back.

I actually wouldn't mind that. That would mean all 700+ pokemon would be obtainable from X/Y alone. Unless they delete some of the pokedex...

Yeah man, remember Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire? They had all of those Kanto and Johto Pokemon!

Watch the presentation and be spoiled to death or avoid the Internet like a plague to be thoroughly surprised by the actual game. Decisions.

Considering I've always found out the starters' evolutions because of the Japanese releases, this simultaneous release will mean that, for the first time, I'll be completely surprised by the evolutions!

So long as that isn't spoiled for me, I don't care, personally.

Boss Doggie

I wonder if we'll get to see the evos of Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie.

Didn't Japan get to see Torchic's final evo (Blaziken) very early due to the anime?

backlot

So I'm going to this, what to ask?

Ask if their are any new additions to these games that would specifically affect competitive play. Or maybe ask if they have done anything to make higher level competitive play more accessible in the new games.

Boss Doggie

So I'm going to this, what to ask?

Assuming they won't be talked about:
new type hints or hype
new battle mechanics
recognition towards competitive building that they'd add features for that
more info on Kalos

Yeah man, remember Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire? They had all of those Kanto and Johto Pokemon!

Well in that case, Fire Red/Leaf Green was on the horizon, and I'm pretty sure there was a way to get the G/S pokemon before the DS came out but it has been a while so I'm not certain about that. I could have sworn the the professor gave you the Universal Pokedex, or whatever its called, in exchange for your Hoenn dex after beating the elite 4 in R/S

Top Bottom