• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Game Changers Talk Show Stream (Live interviews with three environmentalists)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrWalrus

Banned
This is Biz Stone. He is one of the founding members of twitter. He is obviously well regarded in Silicon Valley.
Why?

Ok, I understand this is GDC and it's NOT meant to be a media spectacle like E3.

But, with that said, what the fuck does any of this have to do with game design? The questions don't even have anything to do with games or their creation.

He's just rambling about completely unrelated-to-anything shit...

More importantly why are they livestreaming it. Probably wouldn't be completely terribe as a panel for people at GDC (if they could tie the talk to actual game development) but there was an EA PR guy hyping this as a "huge event" on twitter.

I don't exactly have an issue with this being a GDC talk (...sort of...), but what a weird one to pick to make a big deal out of streaming on their website.

Except that it has nothing to do with gaming at all.
It's just using Sim City as a platform to spout off about global warming.

If I was a game devloper at GDC, I'd be pissed for them wasting my time.
This gives no insight and isn't a good talking point for my industry.

JoeBoy101

More importantly why are they livestreaming it. Probably wouldn't be completely terribe as a panel for people at GDC (if they could tie the talk to actual game development) but there was an EA PR guy hyping this as a "huge event" on twitter.

Maybe he meant huge as in length, and not as in impact or importance?

Mikeside

508_towelie.gif

I...uhh...forgot what the question was...

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
what does this have to do with Sim City

what does this have to do with games

what does this have to do with gamers

what does this have to do with game developers

what does this have to do with ANYTHING other than this smug hipster douchebag running his stupid mouth about bullshit for thirty minutes?

I don't exactly have an issue with this being a GDC talk (...sort of...), but what a weird one to pick to make a big deal out of streaming on their website.
Let's be clear: GDC Session talks don't officially start till tomorrow, with some other sessions running yesterday and today, BUT ALL of them wrap up at 6PM PST.

This is EA's own thing, and if they feel like this is a good way to piss away money, good for them.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Did this guy took talking lessons with Jeff Goldblum?

I'm half expecting him to say "That's chaos theory."

Except that it has nothing to do with gaming at all.
It's just using Sim City as a platform to spout off about global warming.

They're trying to make some point about games having a potential for an influence on the efforts to save the environment.

They're just doing a really bad job of it. At least the Twitter guy is trying to stay more on-topic, but he's also droning on and on for way too long. Him saying "I forgot the question" pretty much sums it up.

Let's be clear: GDC Session talks don't officially start till tomorrow, with some other sessions running yesterday and today, BUT ALL of them wrap up at 6PM PST.

This is EA's own thing, and if they feel like this is a good way to piss away money, good for them.

Ah, I wasn't clear on that.

BHK3

Banned
He mentioned something about sim city inspiring kids.

Wat? All I did as a kid in sim city was use tornadoes and shit on the pre-made cities.

Irish

Oh... my... fuck... This guy is literally rambling on about nothing.

and, now, he stopped and the applause is fantastic!

CHARITY WATER TRAILER BITCHES!

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Oh God, look at all the people leave. LOL

I'm still sticking it out to see if there's anything worth seeing...

Mikeside

something we took for granted.... games. new games.
while the problem seemed so big, we believed together, we could bore the shit out of you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom