• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA: It's clear now remasters are something people really want

Which EA remaster do you want the most?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
images-1h7os2.jpeg

Jokes apart, it's gonna be a good remaster. EA haven't borked anything in recent times on any platform IIRC. But for heaven's sake, just release all the DLC's for PC on origin/steam, EA.

I don't know about Activision's other remasters, but people seem to be stoked about Modern Warfare Remastered, which, in turn, looks really well done.

poodaddy

I really need the ME trilogy remastered on current consoles. I mean I already own them all on PC but I won't play through them without all the DLC and I'd have to sell two retro consoles to afford all the DLC for ME2 and 3 as they never drop in price :/. Bioware points can burn in hell.

Mivey

I guess the remaster would likely change nothing on PC. They have a whole infrastructure set up with BioWare points and everything. If all ME games get some sort of remaster with all DLC included, that would basically leave Dragon Age 2 DLC as the only thing you could buy with BW points.
So even if there is a remaster, they'll probably make sure not to destroy their fake currency gold mine. I mean, overpriced DLC is the sole reason why Origin even exists.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
How likely is it to get a Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Ultimate edition with all the DLC at 1080p 60fps?

Squire

Banned
How likely is it to get a Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Ultimate edition with all the DLC at 1080p 60fps?

If they act on this Mass Effect will be the first thing we'll see. It's the only thing people were expecting them to jump on to the point of bugging them about it every few months as soon as it started to seem like they weren't going to do it.

Inuhanyou

If they act on this Mass Effect will be the first thing we'll see. It's the only thing people were expecting them to jump on to the point of bugging them about it every few months as soon as it started to seem like they weren't going to do it.

I suppose so :( Still, Hot pusuit remaster would be the tits. Not buying the DLC at this point for 360 lol

EmiPrime

Burnout Paradise, NFS Hot Pursuit and NFS Most Wanted triple pack is something the people really want, EA. Throw in Burnout Revenge too if you're feeling generous.

Garlador

Moore went on to say that "anything that distracts" from Andromeda, including Mass Effect remasters, is not something EA would want to pursue. Also, he suggested EA doesn't have the internal bandwidth to make Mass Effect remasters.

Good GRIEF, Peter Moore is one delusional scamp.

Has a remaster of ANY game ever "detracted" from its sequel? Did the Uncharted Trilogy detract from Uncharted 4? Did God of War 3 remastered suck out the hype for God of War 4? Is Final Fantasy XII HD detracting from Final Fantasy XV in anyway?

I want to scream. That logic is so dumb as hell. If ANYTHING, re-releasing beloved games BUILDS hype for upcoming releases. They BENEFIT from the positive reception, sales, and brand awareness. That's basic business, and it's been proven in practice by dozens of other video game studios.

And for the last damn time, NOBODY is asking Bioware to just stop everything they're doing to make a Mass Effect remaster. Peter, buddy, pal... there are studios out there who specialize in this sort of thing. Someone like, I don't know, Bluepoint Studios for example. They take care of it while you put your "blinders on" and "speed" towards the release of Andromeda with all the uncontainable hype 2 years of concept art and 20 seconds of leaked footage can give the fans.

By the Goddess, this man is denser than the matter of a black star.

flkraven

Good GRIEF, Peter Moore is one delusional scamp.

Has a remaster of ANY game ever "detracted" from its sequel? Did the Uncharted Trilogy detract from Uncharted 4? Did God of War 3 remastered suck out the hype for God of War 4? Is Final Fantasy XII HD detracting from Final Fantasy XV in anyway?

I want to scream. That logic is so dumb as hell. If ANYTHING, re-releasing beloved games BUILDS hype for upcoming releases. They BENEFIT from the positive reception, sales, and brand awareness. That's basic business, and it's been proven in practice by dozens of other video game studios.

And for the last damn time, NOBODY is asking Bioware to just stop everything they're doing to make a Mass Effect remaster. Peter, buddy, pal... there are studios out there who specialize in this sort of thing. Someone like, I don't know, Bluepoint Studios for example. They take care of it while you put your "blinders on" and "speed" towards the release of Andromeda with all the uncontainable hype 2 years of concept art and 20 seconds of leaked footage can give the fans.

By the Goddess, this man is denser than the matter of a black star.

I'd say the negative press around the Master Chief collection could have impacted Halo 5

levyjl1988

Banned
It would be nice if Default Fem Commander Shepard for Mass Effect 3 would be added as an option for Mass Effect 1 and 2. Also the ability to reget missable upgrades for Mass Effect 1 and 2 like it did with Mass Effect 3.

Cranster

Banned
I'd say the negative press around the Master Chief collection could have impacted Halo 5
That is because 343i outsourced the project to 4 different studios and didn't properly test and polish the game. Microsoft probably didn't let them delay it either.

Garlador

Well, yeah, but that was because the collection was BROKEN.

That has nothing to do with them being remastered or re-released. If they WORKED, then it would have boosted Halo 5's sales. You could say the same about regular old sequels, like how Assassin's Creed Unity hurt sales of Assassin's Creed Syndicate at launch.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
It would be super rad if they just released a collection or some of their old 16 bit era stuff on psn and Xbox like road rash, mutant league football, etc.

DrQuack02

Neo Member
All I have ever wanted since remasters started is SSX 1-3 on a console in HD resolution with trophies.

I keep hoping one of them magically appears through the PS2 classics program...

I'm sure the music licensing is going to sink that, but one can hope...

Inuhanyou

So why would they say remasters are cool and then have Peter moore come out and say this!? right after i finished fucking selling my mass effect trilogy :(

Just say whether they are fucking happening or not you damn loons!

Flipping incompetents!

Is it just me, or did Peter Moore go to the Zootopia school of answering a question with another question?

I know the interview is older than Gamescom and therefore might be outdated, but isn't it possible that Moore is simply saying they are not interested or do not have resources to make the remasters inhouse? I don't see that anything he says outright shoots down that EA is looking into outside studios making the remasters.

Garlador

Is it just me, or did Peter Moore go to the Zootopia school of answering a question with another question?

I know the interview is older than Gamescom and therefore might be outdated, but isn't it possible that Moore is simply saying they are not interested or do not have resources to make the remasters inhouse? I don't see that anything he says outright shoots down that EA is looking into outside studios making the remasters.

I just can't stand the "we won't do cash grabs" argument (from the company that churns out annual FIFA and MADDEN titles) or the "we only look forward" statement, since I'm a huge advocate for game preservation and revisiting the past to learn from our history and applying those forgotten lessons to a better future.

Servbot24

Banned
A racing game seems like a strange choice for a remaster. Just make a new one. It's not like an RPG or adventure game where there's a narrative that will never be repeated.

This is the type of shit that gets me so frustrated with the the games industry. You shovel all this other stuff like online passes, season passes, microtransactions etc. Games nobody asked for.

But when we ask for a simple remaster, repeatedly, and are willing to pay for it you choose THIS hill to die on. Oh please.

Edit: Ayyyy there's still hope. What I said remains true though.

A racing game seems like a strange choice for a remaster. Just make a new one. It's not like an RPG or adventure game where there's a narrative that will never be repeated.

If it's so easy, why haven't they?

I've been replaying Black Box's NFS: The Run and nothing EA have brought out since closing Black Box has been anywhere near as good.

Racing games are more than just the looks.

Way off the beaten path for EA games, but I've been doing a RTTP: My Sims and I'm surprised I haven't chucked the Wii Remote through a wall yet. Based wrist strap.

Would pay Day 1 AAA price for a version of this that lets you build workshop items on a touchscreen. And doesn't kill the Wii U/NX/Whatever with loading stuff. MySims Kingdom (Wii) wouldn't benefit as much from a remaster, but it is obviously the better of the two, so give me that also.

Honestly, I think the Mass Effect trilogy requests have been the loudest simply because there isn't any way to buy a single package containing all three games and all of the DLC.

From what I understand, that's what people want more than they want it for PS4. Just a single 60(?) dollar package that has all 3 games, and all of the DLC, especially since so much of it is critical to the story (or just so good that there's an argument to be made that its less of a game with out it. Like not playing Lair of the Shadow Broker for ME2, or Citadel for ME3).

Top Bottom