• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Origin sale (Bulletstorm/DS2/DA:U/NFS:HP/MoH = $15, ME2/BC2 = $10) [It's Back]

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

Here is the link to get access to the games on sale. Code is FIFTYOFF. Sale is until 6/26

Hey folks,

Just a heads up. EA's Origin store is having a huge sale where many games are 50% off.

Sims
Dead Space 2
Dragon Age 2
ME 2
Bulletstorm
and more

gdt5016 said:
Just some stuff I'm seeing.

ME2 $10
DS2 $15
DAII $30
DA Ultimate Edition $15
NFS Hot Pursuit $15
Izayoi said:
Bad Company 2 is on sale for $10. If you don't already own it you should really consider this deal.
LocoMrPollock said:
Shank for $5 is a good deal and The Saboteur for $10 is not bad, the game is really underrated, though I have no idea how well the PC port performs.
BattleMonkey said:
Medal of Honor for $14.99, I might bite, been wanting to try it out. Do ppl at least still play the MP on PC?
X05 said:
scitek said:
Bulletstorm for $14.99 is a great deal. Dead Space 2, as well.

EDIT: NM, It's $11.98 on Gamersgate. Holy shit. http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-BSUS/bulletstorm

Izayoi

Banned
Full list of titles/prices so I can tell whether or not it's worth getting an account and downloading Origin?

Effect

Does Origin try to install the game ala Steam or does it simply download the installer files to a folder? Was never really sure on this.

B-Dex

Effect said:
Does Origin try to install the game ala Steam or does it simply download the installer files to a folder? Was never really sure on this.

It downloads an installer and installs but it also can keep the installer or delete it. Up to you in your options. Can even choose a specific directory for installers.

gdt

Just some stuff I'm seeing.

ME2 $10
DS2 $15
DAII $30
DA Ultimate Edition $15
NFS Hot Pursuit $15

Derrick01

Banned
BigJiantRobut said:
Did Dead Space 2 flop, or something? I keep seeing it for super cheap everywhere.

Well it is already 6 months old so it's not that odd. It did outsell 1 from what I remember though.

Manager

DSN2K said:
nothing on Sale on UK origins.

Nothing in Scandinavia either.

Shit like this is exactly why Steam is in pole position for me and many Europeans. I can't understand why Steam are able to do worldwide sales, while EA, who 100% own all the games they sell, can't. If you're gonna do a big relaunch of your service, at least get that right.

JADS

Yeah EA Sale!

Origin Website said:
Offer expires June 26, 2011. Value of discount will be deducted from product list price at time of purchase. Valid for select PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii, PlayStation 2, and PSP titles only. See PS3, Xbox360, Wii, Other for available titles. Bonus PC Digital Download title selected by Electronic Arts. Discount is valid only on new purchases from Origin at www.origin.com. Valid only in the U.S. and Canada. Cannot be combined with any other offer, gift card, rebate or other discount coupons.

lol, way to go EA. Seems like you still have a llllloooooooooonnnnggggg way to go.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
If you dont care about it being DD, you can currently get DA2 for 14.99 at best buy, its on sale for 35 but with their instore gamer magazine (just ask the people that work there for one) you get 20 bucks off in addition to the sale price.

Haven't checked yet but I bet in Sweden the sale is so bad that it doesn't even exist.

And I'm right.
The Swedish EA store always has and always will be absolutely useless. The only thing that changed with the introduction of Origin was the banner.

Manager

Izayoi said:
Bad Company 2 is on sale for $10. If you don't already own it you should really consider this deal.

It costs $50/€35 here, which is more than Steam charge for it. I know, as mentioned we don't have the sale, but it's funny how Steam is cheaper than Origins itself on a EA title.

PaulLFC

Nothing on sale in the UK. Way to promote your service, EA. If Steam, and mostly D2D/Gamersgate can manage sales across multiple regions, I'm sure EA can, especially since these are their own titles.

Izayoi

Banned
Lijik said:
How is the SP campaign?
I really enjoyed it. Not as good as the first game's campaign, but still entertaining. Kind of short, but for $10 you get that and the fucking amazing multiplayer, which is worth $50 by itself.

Lijik

Izayoi said:
I really enjoyed it. Not as good as the first game's campaign, but still entertaining. Kind of short, but for $10 you get that and the fucking amazing multiplayer, which is worth $50 by itself.
Sounds good! I'll pick this up as well.

Trin3785 said:
If you dont care about it being DD, you can currently get DA2 for 14.99 at best buy, its on sale for 35 but with their instore gamer magazine (just ask the people that work there for one) you get 20 bucks off in addition to the sale price.

Just wondering, but is that $20 off just for DA2 or can it be used for other things (like a Nintendo 3DS)?

Jin34

JADS said:
Yeah EA Sale!

lol, way to go EA. Seems like you still have a llllloooooooooonnnnggggg way to go.

And they still think I live in Spain! If you can't do even simple shit right just put it on Steam and get the hell out of the way.

scitek

I gotta chime in that if you have a decent 5.1 setup, you owe it to your setup to buy Bad Company 2. Best sound I've possibly ever heard in a game.

Shank for $5 is a good deal and The Saboteur for $10 is not bad, the game is really underrated, though I have no idea how well the PC port performs.

Izayoi

Banned
scitek said:
I gotta chime in that if you have a decent 5.1 setup, you owe it to your setup to buy Bad Company 2. Best sound I've possibly ever heard in a game.
Yeah, sound design is incredibly well done. 5.1 with War Tapes is something else.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
crimsonheadGCN said:
Just wondering, but is that $20 off just for DA2 or can it be used for other things (like a Nintendo 3DS)?
Just for DA2

but I did just buy zelda and blazblue for 3DS from Best Buy for 68$ and got the free 25$ giftcard. Blazblue was on sale for 25$ but still worked with that deal.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I wonder if this summer will be like last winter, where all the non-Steam DD services announced their Christmas sales first, and people tentatively nibbled away at them... and then Steam dropped the H-bomb.

Morokh

Meh ... I just downloaded the bloody thing hoping that I could buy ME2 and DA DLC from it ... i can buy Bioware points, that's all ....

Stumpokapow said:
I wonder if this summer will be like last winter, where all the non-Steam DD services announced their Christmas sales first, and people tentatively nibbled away at them... and then Steam dropped the H-bomb.

Most likely. Although I am curious to see how EA's prices during the summer sale compete with Origin.

I think the sales prices for EA titles during the Steam summer sale will most likely wind up to be the same or worse than the recent EA week sales.

apana

Do they have DRM outside of EA account on any of these games? I mean stuff like Securom, solid shield, etc.

GJS

apana said:
Do they have DRM outside of EA account on any of these games? I mean stuff like Securom, solid shield, etc.
There is a 5 computer install limit on some games with de-authorisation and stuff, but you can contact live chat to get extra if it messes up and runs out.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
LovingSteam said:
Most likely. Although I am curious to see how EA's prices during the summer sale compete with Origin.

Well these Origin deals are pretty "moderate". I mean, typically on Steam the week-long deals are 33-50% off, and the daily deals are 50-75% (or more in the case of packs and stuff). So I would assume that most of the featured games here would also be on any Steam summer sale.

Of course EA is free and able to not put their Steam stuff on sale at all.

Top Bottom