• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Origin sale (Bulletstorm/DS2/DA:U/NFS:HP/MoH = $15, ME2/BC2 = $10) [It's Back]

BlackDove

Banned
Why the fuck would anyone want to buy anything directly from EA and their garbage attempt at hoarding the DDL market.

Don't people have principles.

BlackDove said:
Why the fuck would anyone want to buy anything directly from EA and their garbage attempt at hoarding the DDL market.

Hoarding the DDL market? wat?

Any of the games on Sale, you can buy an other DD outlets including Steam.

LQX

There is such a awkwardness to EA site which makes me apprehensive. For such a major publisher the site lacks a normalcy to the login system. Its not clear on your purchases or where your information is. Maybe the download program is better but the site stinks.

LQX said:
There is such a awkwardness to EA site which makes me apprehensive. For such a major publisher the site lacks a normalcy to the login system. Its not clear on your purchases or where your information is. Maybe the download program is better but the site stinks.
Yea. That is one major flaw. You cant have access to your account history outside of the client itself.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Nice deals. $15 for Bullestorm is one hell of a deal. I bought it before any discounts and it was worth the price of admission.

It is very much a linear, modern shooter but it simply does everything better than the competition. Sliding, leashing and kicking dudes into cactuses never gets old. Plus, the game is stunning on PC, great art and solid performance.

I kind of want Dead Space 2 but I'm in no rush so I'll wait to see if it's in the Steam sale.

You know, I'd be cool with EA Origin being a separate little walled garden just as long as these games were also available elsewhere. I don't even expect them to be as cheap elsewhere, but just that they're available.

Given say, BF3 at $60 on Steam or $45 on Origin, I'd still stick to Steam out of personal preference, but having the option to lock myself into EA's thing for a $15 discount would be nice.

BlackDove said:

Well, it´s a bit suprising when it comes to the DRM. I´ve seen lengthy discussions here about how future proof Steam is or isn´t, and here we have a system were it apparently is standard with 5 machines activation, and where they only guarentee that the titles will be available for you for 12 months.

Firebrand

VibratingDonkey said:
Haven't checked yet but I bet in Sweden the sale is so bad that it doesn't even exist.

And I'm right.
The Swedish EA store always has and always will be absolutely useless. The only thing that changed with the introduction of Origin was the banner.
Their Swedish site had 50% off everything just a few months ago. I prefer to keep my stuff on Steam though, unfortunately EA's prices on Euro-Steam are so high they're not that great deals even at 66% off.

PaulLFC

CecilRousso said:
Well, it´s a bit suprising when it comes to the DRM. I´ve seen lengthy discussions here about how future proof Steam is or isn´t, and here we have a system were it apparently is standard with 5 machines activation, and where they only guarentee that the titles will be available for you for 12 months.

And also that one of those activations is used up should you so much as decide to interrupt a game mid-download.

Is Gamersgate pretty safe when it comes to your account information? I trust the big boys like Steam but I've never heard of this one and after what happened to PSN i'm alittle paranoid.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Anticitizen One said:
Is Gamersgate pretty safe when it comes to your account information? I trust the big boys like Steam but I've never heard of this one and after what happened to PSN i'm alittle paranoid.

I've used them and I haven't had any issues. They're legit.

Anticitizen One said:

You pay with paypal, or 3 other different options. I prefer moneybookers.

Went ahead and double dipped on The Saboteur, I want to see how well it runs and how much better I can make it look.

PaulLFC

Anticitizen One said:

Gamersgate have been around for a while. I haven't used them personally, but a lot of people here have, and I've never seen any problems reported.

CecilRousso said:

Hate having to defend EA in any capacity but there is something to be said about having 24/7 live support availability when it comes to these types of issues.

nexen

QUESTION: can you register storebought boxed copies of EA games on Origin?

MOH and ME2 and Shift 2 in particular.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
nexen said:

You should be able to for anything after like 2007/early 2008.

nexen said:

Yes

Nirolak said:
You should be able to for anything after like 2007/early 2008.

For games before 2007 all you have to do is contact EA live chat and provide them with the key or your account info used with the game and they will add it to your Origin account.

Zimbardo

nexen said:

yeah, it shouldn't be a problem with newer games at all. for example, my copy of Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition that i bought from WalMart registered perfectly on Origin ...now i can play without the DVD in the drive. which is great.

older games from a few years ago, is hit or miss.

Zimbardo

LovingSteam said:
For games before 2007 all you have to do is contact EA live chat and provide them with the key or your account info used with the game and they will add it to your Origin account.

i'll have to look into doing that someday i guess.

i have copies of Battlefield 2 Complete, Battlefield 2142, C&C 3 ...and a few others that i wouldn't mind having on Origin.

PaulLFC

LovingSteam said:

Which older games did you manage to get them to register? The guy I spoke to wouldn't register my disc copies of Sims 2, C&C Generals and Black & White 2 because he said they were too old, even though I'm sure Sims 2 is, or use to be, sold on EADM.

I even had to argue with him over the recentness of Spore and Mass Effect 1 before he'd register them.

Eric WK

One of the major reasons I was anticipating the Steam Summer Sale so highly was because of Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 2. Guess I'll jump on BC2 now and throw in 2142 while I'm at it.

PaulLFC said:
Which older games did you manage to get them to register? The guy I spoke to wouldn't register my disc copies of Sims 2, C&C Generals and Black & White 2 because he said they were too old, even though I'm sure Sims 2 is, or use to be, sold on EADM.

I even had to argue with him over the recentness of Spore and Mass Effect 1 before he'd register them.

Izayoi

Banned
Eric WK said:
One of the major reasons I was anticipating the Steam Summer Sale so highly was because of Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 2. Guess I'll jump on BC2 now and throw in 2142 while I'm at it.
Battlefield 2 will probably be featured in the Steam SS, but yeah I doubt they'll have Bad Company 2 for less.

Izayoi

Banned
How do I get my physical copy of 2142 added to my origin account, by the way? Is there a button somewhere?

wwm0nkey said:
Wait Medal of Honor PC will get you into the PC Battlefield 3 beta right?
Battlefield 3 is having an open beta for everyone. No need to buy MoH.

PaulLFC

LovingSteam said:
Honestly, for those of you who want to register your older games (even those from Steam like Mirrors Edge, Spore, BF2) I'd do it soon. With the whole bruhaha going on with Valve and EA, EA seems more open to go the extra mile to gain a potential customer. But yea, you should be able to add even those. But like any customer support its the luck of the draw and just how happy the individual is at the time.

Thanks, guess I'll try again tonight or tomorrow and just hope I get a different rep who may register them.

wwm0nkey

Izayoi said:
How do I get my physical copy of 2142 added to my origin account, by the way? Is there a button somewhere?

Battlefield 3 is having an open beta for everyone. No need to buy MoH.
They recently said the "open beta" was the MoH beta so due to their poor choice in wording im not sure if they mean its still MoH only or not.

Though since its out in September I assume it will be open for all.

Izayoi

Banned
wwm0nkey said:
They recently said the "open beta" was the MoH beta so due to their poor choice in wording im not sure if they mean its still MoH only or not.

Though since its out in September I assume it will be open for all.
They announced open for all at E3.

Top Bottom