• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Origin sale (Bulletstorm/DS2/DA:U/NFS:HP/MoH = $15, ME2/BC2 = $10) [It's Back]

So you can call them and have them add older games? Interesting. I hope they automate that, but it depends on how their CD key databases worked.

Wonder how far back they'll go. I still have a copy of MOH Allied Assault and some Lord of the Rings games.

VaeVictis

Everdred said:
I'm having weird luck with this... It let me register Crysis but it doesn't show up on my Origin games and it made me sign up for something called "EA Classic". Then I register Bad Company 2 with no issues, came right up on Origin for download. Register Sims 3 and it said it was invalid then it added it to my downloads anyway. Finally Crysis Warhead won't register at all.

Tried registering Crysis and Crysis Warhead but said the codes are not valid for game activation. Both games were bought through Steam. I got the codes from 'View Game CD key' in Steam. Anyone else have this problem?

Had no problem registering Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age : Origins (both retail versions).

Eric WK

Bleh. I wish we knew if any of these will be included with the Steam sale.

Wanna be in for Bad Company 2, Mass Effect 2 and maybe Hot Pursuit.

Tokubetsu

Eric WK said:
Bleh. I wish we knew if any of these will be included with the Steam sale.

Wanna be in for Bad Company 2, Mass Effect 2 and maybe Hot Pursuit.

Safe bet that they'll be covered in the steam sale.

Everdred

VaeVictis said:
Tried registering Crysis and Crysis Warhead but said the codes are not valid for game activation. Both games were bought through Steam. I got the codes from 'View Game CD key' in Steam. Anyone else have this problem?

Had no problem registering Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age : Origins (both retail versions).
Same problem I'm having. I sent an email to CS to see what would happen. I'll let everyone know.

coopolon

Just to let everyone know, Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 are both on sale for $7.95 each on Direct2Drive today, which is a better deal than this sale on Origin. I am pretty sure ME2 will register, and I think ME1 will register (you might have to go through the /activation page though). But not having done it since I already own the games elsewhere I can't guarantee it.

I was going to pick up Crysis 2 but the promotional code FIFTYOFF doesn't work for it. Your less EA, this deal would have been the Trojan horse to get me to install Origin.

Quicksilver4648 said:
I was going to pick up Crysis 2 but the promotional code FIFTYOFF doesn't work for it. Your less EA, this deal would have been the Trojan horse to get me to install Origin.
If you note the link that LovingSteam provided, it shows which games qualify for the 50% off.

uh so i bought DA:O on Origin it said an email with download instructions would be sent but I didn't recieve any email and no download has started. WTF EA??

Anticitizen One said:
uh so i bought DA:O on Origin it said an email with download instructions would be sent but I didn't recieve any email and no download has started. WTF EA??

Do you already have an Origin account? If not then download Origin and login using the account info that you purchased the game with. Then go to 'REFRESH MY GAMES' under the Settings tab. It should be there for you to download. If its not then go here for EA live chat. They should help you out.

LovingSteam said:
Do you already have an Origin account? If not then download Origin and login using the account info that you purchased the game with. Then go to 'REFRESH MY GAMES' under the Settings tab. It should be there for you to download. If its not then go here for EA live chat. They should help you out.

I bought the game thinking that the origin installer would automatically pop up but instead nothing happened and i recieved no email. I went ahead and downloaded Origin and tried hitting refresh but the game doesnt show up. I looked at my account and EA already charged me. I'm waiting to talk to an EA person now. Not happy about this.

Anticitizen One said:
I bought the game thinking that the origin installer would automatically pop up but instead nothing happened and i recieved no email. I went ahead and downloaded Origin and tried hitting refresh but the game doesnt show up. I looked at my account and EA already charged me. I'm waiting to talk to an EA person now. Not happy about this.

If you make enough of a fuss you may get a $20 coupon which you can then use for a free game with this 50% off sale. Just sayin'. But yea, EA doesn't know how to make anything seamless and simple. Everything is clunky and poorly designed.

Crateman

US and Canada only?!?! Wow... I don't know how they plan to compete with Steam with this. I was going to buy Bad Company 2 and try their service for the first time, but somehow they don't want me to.

I would really like to know the reason behind this. I'm baffled there are still this kind of restrictions in this day and age.

So after like 15 minutes I got in touch with an EA rep and this is what they tell me
"Your order is under submission and review, you will need to await the submission and completion of your order before you will be able to download."

Fuck this shit i'm going back to STEAM

Anticitizen One said:
So after like 15 minutes I got in touch with an EA rep and this is what they tell me
"Your order is under submission and review, you will need to await the submission and completion of your order before you will be able to download."

Fuck this shit i'm going back to STEAM

Ugh. Yea, wow.

Anyone have any tips for dealing with EA live support? I know some people said they were able to get them to add games to their account, but when I tried to explain the situation to them (politely, I should add), they just bailed on the conversation and re-queued me. Not impressed.

I'm also having the same problem someone had earlier, where activate.ea.com accepted my Crysis key, but it doesn't actually appear in my games list. Crysis Warhead did, though. Anyone have a solution?

Have now been in the re-queue line for 45 minutes. I'm somehow keep being bumped down as well (from 8th to 9th, then 4th, to 5th). Awesome stuff. I have like 15 games on Origin, and I actually do like the program, but this is BRUTAL customer service. No point to 24/7 customer support if they can't help you with an actual problem.

Edit: Okay, I should rescind this: I was only re-queued because they were escalating it to someone else. It did end up taking about an hour and a half in total, but live support ended up adding the games to my account. So... yay Origin! Support was very knowledgeable and helpful after I was bumped up.

Izayoi said:
I... what?
Yeah I was asking myself whether this is this some sort of Capcom/Konami meme I'm missing. But in the end it's not like Kotick doesn't deserve some shoving up his anus, might as well shove Origin there once we're at it.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
The code you entered was not recognized, please check your code and try again

poop. Ohwell, GSL time anyway

noise36

code doesn't work from Australians.

scumbag DD retailer strikes again.

treat us like idiots.

They have games on Origin that are several 100's of % more expensive then other places that don't region price.

DA2 is $80 on origin and its $21 at g2play for the same origin key

F*** YOU! EA

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
noise36 said:

treat us like idiots.

They have games on Origin that are several 100's of % more expensive then other places that don't region price.

DA2 is $79 on origin and its $21 at g2play for the same origin key

ah :(

ohwell, we got a shitload of free games from ubisoft the other week lol.

Gvaz

Banned
noise36 said:

treat us like idiots.

DA2 is $80 on origin and its $21 at g2play for the same origin key

F*** YOU! EA
Yeah, another example of why origin is a big old turd right now.

Gvaz

Banned
Horsemama1956 said:
Isn't g2play one of those grey market sellers though?
If it's what I'm thinking of, you buy the key and some dude calls you up to confirm and then they email you the key.

They buy keys in bulk from some distributor and sell them for cheaper than retail. Publishers hate this of course and of the ones redeemable on steam (MOH or COD style games) they've been known to revoke them on steam.

For the most part it's sound.

Bread

Banned
Damn I thought this was just the EA store, not the downloadable one. I've been wanting to pick up Sims 3 for console for a while.

Anybody want a 20% off coupon from Origin? First one who replies gets it. And yes, it will work in addition to the 50% off coupon for games that are eligible.

Top Bottom