• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA revealing six new titles at E3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three cell phone games. A trailer for Battlefield Bad Company. A Star Wars game, and (hopefully) a Road Rash game.

Road Rash i would love to see, but with the way EA has been going over the last couple of years. The game will sadly suck and be full of PAY TO WIN elements.

kmax

Battlefield
FIFA
Madden
NBA
NHL
Need for Speed

abe-simpson-gif.gif

...and we're done here

Road Rash
Mass Effect 4/Reboot
Skate 4
Burnout 5 (Sequel to Revenge, no open world nonsense)
Star Wars: Republic Commando 2
Star Wars: Jedi Knight 4: Katarn's Revengeance.

Alpende

Even though BF4 was a huge let down, I'm still interested in BF5. I won't buy it full price though, not making that mistake again. I also want to see which improvements they're going to make in FIFA 15.

Battlefield/Mirror's Edge 2
FIFA
Madden
NBA
NHL
Battlefront

I think that's it. I don't think we'll see Mirror's Edge 2. Even though DICE has expanded, working on the next BF and Battlefront probably has slowed down ME 2 development.

Either that, or we will see ME 2 instead of another BF. But knowing EA, and which is likely sell better, I'm going with the latter.

Salex_

Terrible. Glad the last game I purchased from EA was Harry Potter on my PS2.

Huh? You're glad you stopped buying games from them because they release sports games that people want? They'd be dumb as hell if they stopped releasing these games since all of them sell over 5 million + DLC annually.

I know people love to shit on EA every chance they get, but why ignore all of the other games they release?

3bdelilah

Banned
Huh? What''s wrong with releasing sports games that people continue to buy every year? They'd be dumb as hell if they stopped releasing these games since all of them sell over 5 million + DLC annually.

I know people love to shit on EA every chance they get, but why ignore all of the other games they release?

I don't think he meant to say "why do they do this?", because of course there's demand and EA would be absolutely stupid not to capatilise it. I think he meant why there isn't more variety and surprised in stead of the usual (albeit understandable) follow-ups. In that case I agree with him.

Battlefield/Mirror's Edge 2
FIFA
Madden
NBA
NHL
Battlefront

I think that's it. I don't think we'll see Mirror's Edge 2. Even though DICE has expanded, working on the next BF and Battlefront probably has slowed down ME 2 development.

Either that, or we will see ME 2 instead of another BF. But knowing EA, and which is likely sell better, I'm going with the latter.

We will see Battlefield without doubt. The trick is that DICE is not developing this year's BF game.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Alice 3
Black & White 3
Burnout Returns
NBA Street Vol 2 HD
Command & Conquer: Red Alert reboot
Wing Commander Reboot

RulkezX

Haven't we had this thread before ?

It's 6 unannounced titles launching after March 2015, it's not lolsportstitles.

I thought they were though? DICE LA was rumored to be working on it. They did some of the DLC for BF4 as well.

Visceral Games is working on Battlefield 2014, which seems to be themed around drug wars and Miami.

I thought that DICE LA was doing Battlefront while DICE Sweden was doing Battlefield 2015 and Mirrors Edge 2.

Will EA put out another NBA game? Last year's foray didn't seem to sell very well, nor did it review well.

NBA 2K has seemingly emerged as the go-to basketball game.

I expect something Star Wars, to coincide with either the build up, release or post-release Episode VII.
Possibly more than one game.

Battlefield.
Mass Effect 4.
And the obvious Madden and FIFA.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Visceral Games is working on Battlefield 2014, which seems to be themed around drug wars and Miami.

I thought that DICE LA was doing Battlefront while DICE Sweden was doing Battlefield 2015 and Mirrors Edge 2.

I forgot about Mirror's Edge 2, I bet that will be one of the six revealed.

BD1

Banned
Why are they even bothering with a stage show? Is showing this years version of Madden, FIFA, Battlefield et al really worth the expense?

wildfire

Banned
Mirror's Edge 2
Star Wars Battlefield 3
Madden 15
Fifa 15 or Fifa World Cup Edition
Desert Strike: Archipelago
Shadow Realms

zeromcd73

Huh? You're glad you stopped buying games from them because they release sports games that people want? They'd be dumb as hell if they stopped releasing these games since all of them sell over 5 million + DLC annually.

I was being hyperbolic as they don't make the kinds of games that appeal to me which makes me a bit sad since the games they make usually have top notch production values. But you're right considering they make so much so much money it would be stupid to not keep releasing them.

After looking at the games they've released I might actually give Kingdoms of Amalur a purchase. Art style reminds me of WoW and it looks like something that fits the kind of thing I enjoy more than their usual games.

I thought so too but after looking around it seems that LA is focused on DLC while HQ is handling the games. LA is currently working on the last 2 Bf4 Dlcs while apparently Hq is working on future titles.

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield...h_the_phantom_program/cfopeor?sort=confidence

Odd. Because the original announcement - http://venturebeat.com/2013/05/15/electronic-arts-opens-dice-l-a-to-work-on-battlefield/

Says that they would be handling everything Battlefield and a new IP (which I always presumed was Battlefront).

Odd. Because the original announcement - http://venturebeat.com/2013/05/15/electronic-arts-opens-dice-l-a-to-work-on-battlefield/

Says that they would be handling everything Battlefield and a new IP (which I always presumed was Battlefront).

This was also said though back in June. Maybe it was glossed over?

"We will support a lot of what's made in Stockholm from LA. Imagine stuff like potential expansion packs and premium services being managed and handled out of LA. But the main game, Battlefront, is being built in Sweden. And so is Mirror's Edge. And so is Battlefield 4."

EA Games Label boss Patrick Söderlund

Cross pollination is the future!

Star Wars Battlefield
Titanfall FIFA
Plants vs Madden
Rock Band NBA
The Sims: NHL
Need for Mass Effect

These are great ideas! Let's translate:

Battlefront
Pitch Wars (Base Wars update for soccer)
Blood Bowl
NBA Street Reboot (the dribbling ball sets the beat; like Flower, passes and shots add to the building song)
Hockey Manager
F-Zero/WipeOut

The chances of me buying these franchises just went way up. I'd love a sci-fi racer set in the ME universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom