• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA revealing six new titles at E3

Status
Not open for further replies.

iNvid02

What is a "good NFS game" at this point? I think that series has become so diluted it's all a mishmosh of "I dunno cars".

for me it all just went downhill after hot pursuit 2010. the last 3 games have gone in completely different directions (its nice to see a franchise try new things) but none of them have really worked.

the run decided to shove a shitty action story with QTE in your face which restricted the gameplay, most wanted went overboard with the always connected experience and threw you in a concrete jungle full of mini games where you spent half the time hiding from cops, and rivals retread what hp did a few years ago but with imbalanced cop/racer modes and the added risk of losing all your points because you got busted.

autolog was really cool when they first introduced it, but the always connected experience has gone too far for me with no real barrier between the sp and mp. and the quality of the pc ports has been absolute shite as well.

so yeah, NFS hasnt really done much for me since 2010. maybe some extra time will allow them to realize what they should do next
UNDERGROUND

sub_o

Dragon Age Inquisition ?
Mirror's Edge 2 ?
Mass Effect 4 ?
Star Wars Battlefield 3 ?
Another FPS ?
Another sports game ?

baconcow

PGA Tour 15 will be one. I don't believe it has been officially revealed, by title, other than in a non-titled next-gen look at their graphics capabilities. It has been rumored to come out as PGA Tour 15.

For those discounting EA making sports games, Madden NFL, PGA Tour, and NHL were their first three franchises and made them the company they are today. Ironically, sports games are still their best developed titles, not including things they just publish (i.e. Mass Effect and Battlefield).

EA Visceral's Cop/Swat Battlefield game
EA Visceral's Star Wars game
DICE's Star Wars Battlefront (confirmed)
NHL 15 (confirmed)

that's all i care about.

I hope they show some in-game Starwars Battlefront footage, and I hope DICE doesn't f' it up.

it's going to be Battlefield 4 with some palette-swaps and Star Wars sound effects! :D

And it will have the same issues BF4 has had from day-1. Dice always start their development from zero without learning from mistakes or building upon fixed content.

(will buy it day-1 anyways)

Haven't we had this thread before ?

It's 6 unannounced titles launching after March 2015, it's not lolsportstitles.

Slightly different.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=586511

That thread was about EA having 5-6 unannounced new IP. This is about EA showing 6 new titles during the E3 access show.

93l3J8d.png

I doubt all six will be new IP.

prudislav

My guess:
  • Madden 15
  • Fifa 15
  • Golf 15
  • NBA 15 (reborn of series)
  • police Battlefield spin-off from Viscerall
  • mobile demake of CaC

Other stuff i would guess is already announced:
aka Mirrors Edge 2 , Battlefront 3, NHL 15 and absence of NFS this year

Some Nobody

I was being hyperbolic as they don't make the kinds of games that appeal to me which makes me a bit sad since the games they make usually have top notch production values. But you're right considering they make so much so much money it would be stupid to not keep releasing them.

After looking at the games they've released I might actually give Kingdoms of Amalur a purchase. Art style reminds me of WoW and it looks like something that fits the kind of thing I enjoy more than their usual games.

Do it. At the price you can get it at now, it's well worth it. Short enough main story so that if that's all you want to do you can finish the game quickly, but if you want to do all the side quests it's like 70 hours or so.

Hmm, Chris Priestly says they don't want to dilute BioWare's focus and want to give DA:I the centre stage at E3 so MENext probably won't make it there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lhll4trH0go

Upsetting. I was hoping ME would continue this recent trend I have of next-gen of last-gen franchises being interesting to me (Second Son, DA: Inquisition) and until I see the game I can't say one way or another.

it's going to be Battlefield 4 with some palette-swaps and Star Wars sound effects! :D

And it will have the same issues BF4 has had from day-1. Dice always start their development from zero without learning from mistakes or building upon fixed content.

(will buy it day-1 anyways)

Speaking with IGN, DICE’s Patrick Bach said, “We don’t want Star Wars plus Battlefield, because that would be boring, right?”
http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/13/star-wars-battlefront-wont-just-be-re-skinned-battlefield-says-dice/

not true, DICE members have been interviewed since the games reveal and have expressed that they were aware that the Battlefront community/fans don't want to play a re-skinned Battlefield game. DICE also has stated interest in making the Battlefront series their own and doing something interesting with the gameplay. i find it hard to imagine the developers at DICE just want a Battlefield clone and a phoned in Star Wars licensed game. also the essence of the Battlefront games are the first person and third person perspective both being an option. the maps in previous Battlefront games had very elaborate designs and looks which would make playing exclusively in first person somewhat difficult. i am excited to see what Star Wars locations and maps will look like running on the Frostbite 3 Engine :)

prag16

Banned
I want to see Battlefront, Visceral's game (possibly too early), and Mass Effect Next. Otherwise don't care.

Battlefront I'd hope we see something significant. Mass Effect will probably be just a CG teaser with no gameplay.

iceatcs

Mass Effect Xbox One only. (maybe Mirror Edge too)
Titanfall Redux (with SP addition) PS4 only.
Star Wars or Battlefield

And of course 3 usually EA Sports.

Patryn

I would be super surprised if we see Mass Effect this year. It seems like it's everything on Dragon Age for 2014.

That's what I thought as well, but then a couple of potential insiders stated that we will be seeing Mass Effect this year, so who knows.

If its just 4-5 yearly sportsgames plus SW Battlefront i would be quite disappointed... its the first E3 into an new gen! I want them to drop thermonuclear bombs asap!

Mass Effect Xbox One only. (maybe Mirror Edge too)
Titanfall Redux (with SP addition) PS4 only.
Star Wars or Battlefield

And of course 3 usually EA Sports.

If ever again an established multiplattform franchise goes exclusive due to moneyhatting (does not include provide financing for a title that would not be developed otherwise) i will get my DeathNote an ask the responsible persons at MS or Sony for their signatures.

At this point, I would just forgo showing any new Madden games during the press conference and have a demo of it on the show floor unless a major upgrade to the game is added.

I'm guessing Mass Effect, Dragon Age, FIFA, Battlefield, Mirror's Edge, and Star Wars.

NHale

Mass Effect 4
Battlefield Bad Company 3
SSX II
Star Wars Battlefront III
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 15

Missing one. The Sims 4?

Wild but serious guesses:

Star Wars: Knights of the New Republic (Obsidian?)
Star Wars "Grand Theft Speeder" (EA Canada's open worlder)
Spore Evolution / Sim Planet
Dead Space: Some sub title other than the number 4, possibly done by third party developer
EASports: a family friendly multi sports package without standard license tie ins.
Avengers: Age of Ultron

Mass Effect 4 and more star wars plz.

If they're bringing back battlefront and "looking through the ip's", I would think jedi knight and kotor would be higher on that list.

GameSeeker

Pssst...I heard they were all Xbox exclusive...

Yes it's that time of year again!

You are correct as usual.

Given how much EA loves MS, there will be "exclusives" everywhere.

Another FIFA exclusive bundle for Europe?
A Madden NFL exclusive for North America tying to Microsoft's $400M NFL deal?
Battlefield DLC exclusive?
Titanfall: GOTY edition exclusive?

Whatever they turn out to be, Microsoft is likely working to have plenty of EA "exclusives" to announce at E3.

brodie_dg

Neo Member
I love the Dead Space franchise and would love it if EA made another one. There's still story to be told there.

Also, Skate 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom