• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Sports UFC |OT| Bigger than FIFA

No dice :( I've tried close application and going to standby and turning it on again.

:(

They really should have put a practice mode in, doesn't help that the controls are ridiculous they give you no proper way to learn them.

Someone just had me in the muai tai plum and kneed me to death and I couldn't get out... :/

Would love a practice mode, not only for practicing trans but to see damage values as well. Can help to see if certain perks are worth it or not.
Yea the plum is hard, especially against the cage. You gotta time the block just right. Then immediately L3 to escape. If they block the escape, maybe try transitioning to a different clinch position after the the blocked knee?

N° 2048

Online matches (unranked) are funny. Guy is either really damn good or really new to the game.

I have a feeling people who've played EA MMA, and the THQ games will have a huge advantage now that MMA is more popular and this will be the first MMA video game for a lot of people.

Add me up; lostprophet23x (PSN)

Alchemy

I felt like I finished Career mode way too fast. Maybe it was because I did it on "Normal"...

There is also no way see fight history like in Undisputed 3 which sucks because the game also doesn't remember re-matches like Undisputed 3 did for Career mode.

Hopefully the harder modes will make Career last longer.

I love this game but as I play more...I find little things missing which made Undisputed 3 great.

I didn't even think Undisputed was that great... so I guess I'm skipping this game since the only thing I care about is Career mode.

Insane Metal

Gold Member
I tried the career mode but holy shit, the amount of training/tutorials made me give up :(

They should've made things simpler.

Coolade

They really should have put a practice mode in, doesn't help that the controls are ridiculous they give you no proper way to learn them.

Someone just had me in the muai tai plum and kneed me to death and I couldn't get out... :/

Next time you're in the thai clinch, hold R2 and tap Square/Triangle to block shots to the head, and X/Circle to block shots to the body. You have to time it correctly like you would a regular parry. Immediately after you block once, transition. You'll be fine. The game does a poor job explaining that to you, just takes practice.

FUME5

Got this yesterday and immediately played this online against a mate of mine (we've played hundreds of hours of the Undisputed games) and we were laughing our arses off for all the wrong reasons. It's far too easy for matches to devolve into some rock 'em sock ' em robots shit.

Will be giving it more time, as I get accustomed to the controls might see some more depth, as it stands I'm underwhelmed by their game systems.

Oh, and no way to rematch forcing you to go through the long arse loading screens to remake a room is bullshit.

N° 2048

Just went 2-0 in ranked. Wow what a difference from unranked. Fought a point war with a dude playing as Bruce Lee. His parrying was insane and I was Nate, so too slow for him. So I probably won because of the take downs and trantitions.

Afrikan

take down, take down, take down, take down, take down, take down, take down, take down, take down, OVER HAND RIGHT, take down, take down, take down, take down, take down, take down, take down, take down, take down, OVER HAND RIGHT, take down, take down, take down.

oh god I wish they let you connect with those knee attempts to make them pay for spamming takedowns.

fernoca

Anyone else still unable to sign in to origin on ps4?
Mine was..automatic. Was expecting a login screen or whatever, I actually ended looking through the options to see if I needed to sign-in, but it was linked already. Granted I signed months ago to play Most Wanted on Vita; so it seems that once the account are linked you don't need to manually login for each game.

N° 2048

take down, take down, take down, take down, take down, take down, take down, take down, take down, OVER HAND RIGHT, take down, take down, take down, take down, take down, take down, take down, take down, take down, OVER HAND RIGHT, take down, take down, take down.

oh god I wish they let you connect with those knee attempts to make them pay for spamming takedowns.

Wish they fixed the body shot spamming bug. Frustrating.

Coolade

throw uppercuts. it should block the take down attempts if im not mistaken

Predwolf

Wish they fixed the body shot spamming bug. Frustrating.

Parry - counter. Counters do increased damage and have an increased stun/ko/liver shot ability. Nothing stops a spammer like a sudden liver shot ending.

Edit-

Also, played through career over the past couple of days and finally went online tonight. Bruce Lee, Bruce Lee everywhere.

Wow, just had a war against Jim Miller in career mode....TKO with 4 seconds left in the 3rd round

Uhhh....20 knees to the face in the plum should kill a dude......come on EA.....

Hahahaha, just had the most hilarious bug.......how can I check if it recorded?

Basically, had Gray Maynard's back, rained down punches, he was fading fast, ref stood us up for some reason......Maynard instantly falls down knocked out as the action resumes lol

You guys weren't kidding about parrying being OP

Knocked out Anthony Pettis in 30 seconds after parrying his spinning shit and punching him in the face :)

Winning the title was almost as fun as the time I was actually in the octagon running around with my arms in the air :p

ron_bato

Try to maintain a long range if you can't defend the takedowns using r2 + down on the right stick, once they miss the takedown hit him with a hook, a missed takedown works like a parry, hitting them once they miss it deals a lot of damage and stuns them momentarily.

Silly Cowboy.....takes me down.......I wait until my stamina regens.......reverse to mount.....elbows..he manages to get up...knocked out a few seconds later :)

Unlike with punches, elbows convey an actual sense of power on the ground

newsguy

Wow, just had a war against Jim Miller in career mode....TKO with 4 seconds left in the 3rd round

Uhhh....20 knees to the face in the plum should kill a dude......come on EA.....

Hahahaha, just had the most hilarious bug.......how can I check if it recorded?

Basically, had Gray Maynard's back, rained down punches, he was fading fast, ref stood us up for some reason......Maynard instantly falls down knocked out as the action resumes lol

I can confirm that there's a random bug where the ref will stand you up as you're doing damage. It's happened to me quite a few times while I was in full mount raining bombs.

Loomba

Just logged on and I had a loss that I didn't have last night?

I was 2-0 and now I'm 2-1, I didn't even play online after them wins so I couldn't have even gone into ranked by mistake... Anyone else get this?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
This game feels different than the demo. I just had 2 fights and even though I blocked and parried alot my stamina dropped to basically nothing in seconds leaving me really slow. Then the CPU just battered the shit out of me.

In the first fight I decided to take it to the ground and once I had him in a good position I landed a few knees to the ribs but even then my stamina dropped more than his. :/

N° 2048

Parry - counter. Counters do increased damage and have an increased stun/ko/liver shot ability. Nothing stops a spammer like a sudden liver shot ending.

Edit-

Also, played through career over the past couple of days and finally went online tonight. Bruce Lee, Bruce Lee everywhere.

Thanks for the tip. And yea, Bruce Lee is chosen so much online...I nullify this by taking them down and smoothering them. One guy even got frustrated and started screaming in the mic.

n0tail

Banned
A really lackluster career mode with little effort and tons of "we are saving these features for the second game".

I agree with many that the explaining and teaching is quite bad. They need more guides for transitioning and how to defend from full mount and attack from full mount proper.

Overall, solid game, would give it a 7/10. Just finished the career and played 10 online matches.

PSN: Mana_Void

MMaRsu

Banned
Yo guys, one question from myself. Is the full game 1080p compared to the demo on PS4? I am thinking of picking this up but I'll wait for awhile if it's not 1080... That might seem like a dumb thing to say but I value it. Also the devs said beforehand it was supposed to be 1080P on the PS4.

N° 2048

Yo guys, one question from myself. Is the full game 1080p compared to the demo on PS4? I am thinking of picking this up but I'll wait for awhile if it's not 1080... That might seem like a dumb thing to say but I value it. Also the devs said beforehand it was supposed to be 1080P on the PS4.

900p upscaled. They want to patch it to 1080 though they said.

N° 2048

Still can't unlock my DLC *sigh*

Downloaded my pre-order bonus (Bruce Lee bundle) and it still says "Not downloaded" in the EA UFC menus even though I downloaded and installed via PSN. Re-downloaded and installed the whole game + DLC and still nothing.

HINN

Banned
What difficulty are you guys playing on? I started my career on pro and it's a beast. I have fought the first two fights 50 times or so. My fighter is so weak and I max out all of the training, they should really add micro transactions for your career. I've figured out how to effectively do everything accept from submission defense. I can break the submission attempts, but when I don't I'm done for. The tutorial vids are straight ass...I hope someone at EA sees this and then gets on the ball and break this shit all the way down. I don't know why companies don't do in depth guide videos.

xlom3000

Lol, I was wondering why none of the videos/streams that I've seen had commentary/music.

It's incredibly annoying. I imagine the ps4 version is the same, but on the xbox version, whenever a cutscene comes up, it goes to the xbox one pause screen and completely cuts off all audio, including the streamer's voice chat. It's incredibly boring, especially as career mode seems to have about 3 cutscenes between each match.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
It's amazing how realistic the fighters look, I was seriously blown away when I watched some of the game on Twitch.

I'm so scrubishly awful at this game! Haha

Go into practice... everything down.
Go into online game.... get punched/kicked in the face repeatedly despite blocking, out in under 45 seconds.
Every. time.

Been watching a lot of twitch fights, and I just dont get it. I cant take anything, which is a problem, since I'm apparently having trouble pushing one single button. Yet, some of these guys will go 5 rounds taking 100 levels of hell to the head, head blinking red like a siren....yet they are able to spam wins left and right. Sigh.

J Range

Just had a fight with me as Alex Davis and some guy as Ronda.

I had 88 signifcant strikes, with my opponent with 0. 169 total strikes versus 85. Rocked him three times in the body, once with the head, and staggered him with leg kicks two times. In the second round he throws one body kick that tko's me. -_- You can't even tko with legs kicks, its literally impossible, this dude blocked NOTHING and still beat me.

The game is fun when bullshit like that doesnt happen

Watch rockhold vs phillapou, kicks to the body tko guys all the time irl.

Tendo

So I finally got origin working and made a fighter but I don't understand the stats. What is keeping me from making everything maxed out? Not sure how to allocate my build.

Loomba

So I finally got origin working and made a fighter but I don't understand the stats. What is keeping me from making everything maxed out? Not sure how to allocate my build.

Nothing. You can have 100 CAF but can't used in ranked online.

So I pre-ordered this via psn and was all excited to fight as bruce lee. That's when I noticed he's locked and requires me to purchase him in the store. It says on my ps4 that I've downloaded and installed the packs and they're ready for us so I don't even know what the fuck. If I go to the in-game store the bundles show as not downloaded but clicking on them to download takes me to a screen that says no content found. It seems pretty broken to me.

I've heard the way to fix this by going under the PSN settings and selecting "Restore Licenses".

zsswimmer

Watch rockhold vs phillapou, kicks to the body tko guys all the time irl.

Well this isn't real life, and since this is an arcadey mma game, I expect to win when I absolutely dominate someone in a fight. If it was real life the guy wouldn't even be able to stand on that leg let alone throw kicks or do takedowns off of it.

J Range

Well this isn't real life, and since this is an arcadey mma game, I expect to win when I absolutely dominate someone in a fight. If it was real life the guy wouldn't even be able to stand on that leg let alone throw kicks or do takedowns off of it.

Oh I agree, I almost can't stand this game because of it. I was just commenting on you dismissing the strike itself.

N° 2048

I can confirm that there's a random bug where the ref will stand you up as you're doing damage. It's happened to me quite a few times while I was in full mount raining bombs.

lol my girlfriend who is MMA retarded saw me laying some ground and pound from mount on a guy online was like "Why did he stand you up? You were winning."
I am having so much fun with the game but some things are just broken .

Also, EA servers down or just me?

zsswimmer

Oh I agree, I almost can't stand this game because of it. I was just commenting on you dismissing the strike itself.

I was mainly dismissing it since it was thrown off the lead injured legs, in fact I hit both of them so it probably would've had no impact. But yeah Ive seen some pretty nasty body shots in real fights.

I ditched the leg kicks besides mixing it up every now and then and I'm focusing on body shots and counter body shots mixed in with jabs. Seems to work pretty well at the moment.

Top Bottom