• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Sports UFC |OT| Bigger than FIFA

zinder

I had it also for Free (even though I already purchased the game) but now it's gone. Guess it was only there for a second.

clear31

I'm going to be tempted to buy it on the xbox one marketplace even though my ps4 pre order is arriving wednesday

damn UPS

ron_bato

Sounds great. I saw a bit of your stream and really enjoyed it. Happy to see that the difficultly settings are actually hard, but I feel like it will be easy once you find a way to abuse it (like it happened in UFC Undisputed).

Yeah I feel it will be that way too. The CPU is over aggressive it seems and once you get used to it and find the little holes in the way they play it will be easy.

But I had a HOLY SHIT moment when I was using Weidman, and it was when Anderson was stalking me like prey. It sure even looked like he was playing with me, I don't know if I just imagined it, but he did a sort of dancing gesture with his hands rolling or something. When he was picking me apart (and I'm usually a very disciplined player) I just had to wing my shots because he was getting the better of me.

I just wish there were less of those capoeira kicks and cartwheel kicks. But overall, it's a very fun game, and I can't wait to play with the community.

Downloading now!

Add me fellows

PSN - tokyostomp

I had to re-add to my cart on the SEN desktop site at Free/$0.00 then I was able to queue it up for download

LDn1zb3.jpg

Awww Yeaaahhh!

I just kept refreshin the psn site on my desktop til it said free and I could dl.

Also, for the guys only seeing 2.7gb download. That may just be the needed amount to start and play the game, while the rest downloads in the bg?
When I first looked at the dl it was 18gb, now it says 2.7.

Also, for the guys only seeing 2.7gb download. That may just be the needed amount to start and play the game, while the rest downloads in the bg?
Yep that is almost definitely the case.. Guessing they'll let you do some kind of tutorial thing and one preset match while the rest downloads

Dajanksta

Banned
Got it to work from the Desktop store like yall said. I had to go to the actual PSN store page and not the other various links that the psn site has and it finally worked.

I just kept refreshin the psn site on my desktop til it said free and I could dl.

Yup 18GB.

N° 2048

Skipped the tutorial and beat Jones quickly. Most modes are disabled and the bottom has a download progress.

But it gives me Pettis vs Melendez now too. %5 installed it says here :/

N° 2048

Download goes so much faster when game is closed lol going to let it fully download. I don't have to do things until after noon anyway. Unless I pass out on the couch from waiting..

zinder

Skipped the tutorial and beat Jones quickly. Most modes are disabled and the bottom has a download progress.

But it gives me Pettis vs Melendez now too. %5 installed it says here :/

You should consider yourself lucky lol. Just did the whole tutorial and played a 2 round fight with Jones. 0% installed.

ron_bato

Cancelled my pre-order for this, but I might pick it up on PSN instead.

Impressions so far?

I already gave a bit in the previous page, but here are my latest impressions:

- getting in a 5 rounder with lightweights, and the knockdowns are not as random as undisputed. I felt that in Undisputed, you could only get in a 5 rounder if you wanted to, but here, fighters are less susceptible to flash KOs.
- speed across weight classes feels good, the flyweights are ridiculously fast though and they feel very different from LWs, WWs. HWs are plodding beasts.
- so far, some fighters stand out in terms of uniquness. Benson's low kicks feel very representative of his techniques. So is his axe kick, and his taekwando turning side kick.
- Just had a 5 rounder with melendez, and I won via split decision... using Benson Henderson. So pretty realistic right? Lol

some random stuff:
- when i booted up the game, there was a prompt for a fighter update which means that these guys were probably adjusted in terms of their stats due to the previous events
- Gegard Mousasi is not in MW. Hopefully they add him up soon.

Is there any way to stop the PS4 notifications whenever a cutscene starts that gameplay recording is disabled?

Also, what the hell is up with the crazy unstable FMV framerate? You'd think that in this new gen that we would finally be able to run 1080p FMV smoothly. But this game and Titanfall both have issues with doing that.

ron_bato

Is TJ in there or not yet? He's not I assume :/

Only at 5GB out of 18 at 3MBs -.-

He's not unfortunately.

More impressions:

- Reach certainly plays a factor, I played against DC using Gustafsson and I used my jab to keep DC at bay.
- Jury is still out on the AI, DC wasn't nearly as aggressive going for takedowns through 1 round, he did attempt 3. 2 via clinch, he worked for double unders against me. But the rest of the round, he was throwing haymakers.

- there's also an option to take away fighter HUD and remove the clock if you want.

zinder

Just played a match with Pettis. Felt soo different compared to LHW fighters, love it. Also jabs feel amazing and useful for once compared to Undisputed.

ron_bato

Just played a match with Pettis. Felt soo different compared to LHW fighters, love it. Also jabs feel amazing and useful for once compared to Undisputed.

Yes! I love the jab in this game!

Also, no gameplay sliders, so no chance of adjusting stamina or anything else to your liking.

What the hell is up with the painfully slow PSN download? I have a 100 megabit connection hardwired and am getting a megabyte every 10 seconds or so (this is after the initial 2.7GB install).

I should be getting approx 10-12 megabytes per second.
Will the game install with the application closed? This install is ridiculous and you can't do anything.
Yes.

zinder

Will the game install with the application closed? This install is ridiculous and you can't do anything.

Yep. I played 2 matches and the install went only to 1%. Turned the game off for 2 minutes and the download was already at 4% when I turned it back on.

ron_bato

After playing a few games in normal, jumped back up to hard and feel okay now. I feel comfortable enough, won a few fights by TKO and came close to losing one fight.

Playing as BWs and FlWs are really fun because of that extra speed. Eddie Wineland's mustach is epic too lol

Overall, I'd say I'm happy with the game as a first effort. Really amazing that they put out this kind of a game in basically under 2 years (They signed the deal with EA and UFC during E3 in 2012). There's still a bit of work, the ground game needs polish or maybe some tweaks in the system (i liked THQ's transition fakes and reversal system though I felt that needed work too).

For guys expecting a robust set of fighter Ts, so far, a lot of sponsors are missing. DC has a blank tshirt (He's a Cagefighter guy right?), Renan Barao is also not rocking his usual fight wear, Venum is in the game, I also saw tapout. But guys like Rory MacDonald are wearing UFC gear. Mighty Mouse has no sponsors since he only rolls with Xbox.

Also, the crowd atmosphere is pretty damn good. I played a match with Renan Barao and Dominick Cruz. I heard chants of USA USA, countered by chants in Brazilian. That's good stuff.

Not too many trainers too, I only recognized Greg Jackson so far, Mike Dolce is in, this is probably because he's technically an employee of the UFC with UFC Fit.

ron_bato

Is it easier to stop takedowns? Are there alternate control options instead of R2+Right stick to block it?

I had a bit of difficulty during the demo stopping takedowns, but in the full game I was pretty successful in the game stopping takedowns. It could be that the game is more forgiving now, or I got better, I don't know, I practiced takedown defense a lot in the demo. But yeah, I'm pretty successful stopping takedowns.

dreamfall

I had a bit of difficulty during the demo stopping takedowns, but in the full game I was pretty successful in the game stopping takedowns. It could be that the game is more forgiving now, or I got better, I don't know, I practiced takedown defense a lot in the demo. But yeah, I'm pretty successful stopping takedowns.

Beautiful to hear! I hope it's a combination of you being more skilled and it being tweaked a little! I'm excited! Getting it from Amazon tomorrow!

ron_bato

Beautiful to hear! I hope it's a combination of you being more skilled and it being tweaked a little! I'm excited! Getting it from Amazon tomorrow!

watching some of my footage now, and yeah, it seems that the window of opportunity to defend takedowns looks a split second longer. I'm not getting taken down nearly as easily as I was in the demo, and that's in normal and hard mode.

Also, switching up the difficulty to hard mode against DC showed a more aggressive DC in terms of trying to get takedowns. I was using my range a lot with Gus, so I was keeping DC at bay, he would try to rush me and try to get inside to initiate a clinch or shoot for a takedown. He didn't set up his strikes well enough though.

sirap

Just downloaded the game. Coming from EA MMA I love how complex the controls are (although some have mentioned THQ's versions are harder?). Feels like I'm actually becoming a better fighter by memorizing the moveset and coming out with my own combos.

I still prefer EA MMA's single player though, the character creator was a lot better.

Is this game installing insanely slow for anyone else? I have a 100 Mbps connection, hardwired to my router, have the proper ports forwarded to get NAT Type 2 and still I'm getting like 1 megabyte every 20 seconds.

Oh and on PS4, even the menus have a stuttery framerate. That's some lazy dev shit.

Dajanksta

Banned
Is this game installing insanely slow for anyone else? I have a 100 Mbps connection, hardwired to my router, have the proper ports forwarded to get NAT Type 2 and still I'm getting like 1 megabyte every 20 seconds.

Oh and on PS4, even the menus have a stuttery framerate. That's some lazy dev shit.

Close the app. It installs slowly but faster than when the application is open. I'm at like 80% right now.

zinder

More than an hour in and it's at 50% for me, which is not bad considering I am downloading from Europe. Try letting it install with the game turned off.

And yeah, the menus are awful.

ron_bato

Going up against champions in 5 round fights doesn't put the belt on the line apparently. Champions don't even walk out with their belts or announced as champs either.

edit: Okay so I played a 5 rounder with Weidman and Silva and it turns out the belt is defended when you go against the champ for 5 rounds.

Going up against champions in 5 round fights doesn't put the belt on the line apparently. Champions don't even walk out with their belts or announced as champs either.
My game hasn't even finished installing yet and I just played as Pettis v Melendez in a 5 round fight and although Buffer didn't say that the fight was for the UFC Lightweight Chanpionship of the world, he still introduced Pettis as the reigning, defending, blah blah blah of the world.

Patch notes in case neone cares

Gameplay
-Tuned ability "Infinite Core" to have a bit of impact on stamina
- Tuned down the abilities "Bobble Head" and "Crushing Blows" that increased the chance of liver shots as they were too powerful.
- Tuned down the ability "Weathering Storms" as it was too powerful.
- Miscellaneous physics improvements.

Audio
- Fixed issue where punches from a submissive position in tower guard could not be heard
- Fixed issue where there was no gym timer for career sparring.
- Fixed issue where all Welterweight fighters would be announced as Middleweights when they won TUF Finale.

Career
- Added functionality to the Power Rankings screen where when changing through the views the next page started at the top of the list. It will now stay on the fighter that was highlighted.
- Fixed issue where the user is unable to hit the advance prompts in the Attempting Submissions training game.
- Fixed issue where, while fighting in the TUF gym, objects around outside the cage will get in front of the camera, blocking the action.
- Fixed issue where Brutal Leg Kicks vidow was appearing in the wrong location.
- Fixed issue where a locked, unselectable Roundhouse kick option is present in the moves screen.
- Miscellaneous Career Mode tuning

Miscellaneous
- Added the ability for the user to delete Highlight Reels.
- Added screen to in-game pause menu that lists move sets for both fighters in Fight Now.

Lambda Pie said that Frank Mir could do the Showtime kick. I would love to see video of that.

And yeah I had the game closed before when I looked at my download speed, but it really picked up a few minutes ago. Weird.

Top Bottom