• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Early TRICO test footage (year+ old) -- READ FIRST POST

Status
Not open for further replies.
thaOwner said:
True. Also you don't 'leak' things in HD, Son. Take some lessons from SE. Their leaks are always from the same guy with a 1 megapixel cell phone camera.

I don't think that's really a consideration. If a lot of press saw this, who's to say where the file came from.

I'm saying it wasn't a leak purely based on the timing of it. It just seems fishy. Good for us either way though.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
so yeah ..after TRICO video , some people may want to buy ICO right ? let's see

amazon's marketplace third party sellers ICO ( PS2 ) new

xn9grr.png

amazon's marketplace third party sellers ICO ( PS2 ) used

20zwb9t.png

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00004YUWA/?tag=neogaf0e-20

:lol

anaron

Way late but holy shit it looks freaking outstanding. :O

From a 3 minute trailer I'm already totally in love with the concept and relationship between the creature and the kid.

So glad we're finally seeing the game. Ueda looks to be outdoing himself once again.

Doubledex

Banned
Totobeni said:
so yeah ..after TRICO video , some people may want to buy ICO right ? let's see

amazon's marketplace third party sellers ICO ( PS2 ) new

http://i39.tinypic.com/xn9grr.png[IMG]

amazon's marketplace third party sellers ICO ( PS2 ) used

[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/20zwb9t.png[IMG]

[URL]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00004YUWA/?tag=neogaf0e-20[/URL]

:lol[/QUOTE]
WTF??

Issun23

I agree, the timing seems too close to E3 for it to be a genuine leak. If it was deliberately shown, it must mean the game will be at E3 (some websites have been saying it won't).

Well, we only need to wait 10 days and we'll know.

Issun23 said:
I agree, the timing seems too close to E3 for it to be a genuine leak. If it was deliberately shown, it must mean the game will be at E3 (some websites have been saying it won't).

Well, we only need to wait 10 days and we'll know.

It should be at E3 or TGS. Either way we won't have to wait much longer to see it.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Durante said:
This clip/thread motivated me to replay ICO and I tried it in the latest build of PCSX2.
Gah, I really need a new PC for this emulator alone...

Issun23, can you post a link to high res version of your avatar?

14wy2cl.png

Durante

TheOddOne said:
Mine just crashes.Durante spill the beans.
It's the latest build (1190) of PCSX2, the latest GSDX plugin and mostly standard settings, with an internal rendering resolution of 2048x1536. One important point is to set the clamp mode for the VU and EE recompiler to "Extra" (in advanced settings).

bridegur said:
More of these, please. How well does it run?
60 FPS. Sadly there are some small graphics bugs in some areas.

Here are a few more:
n6xt1d.jpg

2r5c58k.jpg

b4cn76.jpg

se9dau.jpg

(beautiful)

Click

Banned
I cracked up so hard when I saw that ratcat thing first appear.

The situation was set to be some menacing beast and then you see a face of a ratcat, lol.

Click

Banned
Durante said:
It's the latest build (1190) of PCSX2, the latest GSDX plugin and mostly standard settings, with an internal rendering resolution of 2048x1536. One important point is to set the clamp mode for the VU and EE recompiler to "Extra" (in advanced settings).
(beautiful)

Nice.
Can you link info to where the emulator can be downloaded from?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I got ICO working in PCSX2 aswell, but it crashed after a while playing it :| Don't know if it's reliable enough to facilitate a full playthrough or not.

Dever

Banned
Durante said:

60 FPS. Sadly there are some small graphics bugs in some areas.

Here are a few more:

(beautiful)

What the hell man. Ico needs to be released on PSN like this. @_@

SolidSnakex said:
It should be at E3 or TGS. Either way we won't have to wait much longer to see it.

I'm starting to think the game will be revealed at E3. Yeah, we know TGS seems more plausible, but with this footage leaked so close to E3 and Sony not ordering anyone to take it down, it just seems like a sure bet to generate hype.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
It's too bad the stories of Ico and SotC are still unclear. I mean I like them as is, but there was things in SotC that seemed to relate to Ico that still aren't clear. Like Dormin was speaking with a female and a male voice, and if I recall right every time a statue gets destroyed and light comes out, the female voice becomes more faint.

So light = female diety, shadow = male deity.

Light and Shadow were fused together maybe to "seal" both deities. It may have been the people's way of trapping both forces, basically each cancel one another, or to use the light deity to trap the shadow one. Maybe the sacrifices at the village are to replenish the light deity.

When you kill a colossus, light escapes the corresponding colossus statue, and goes into the girl (I presume) and the darkness escapes the colossus and goes into Wander. So at the end of the game, both deities are completely separated, which makes is so that the shadow deity takes its full form as the giant shadow colossus, and the light deity takes its place in the girl, mono.

The elder decides to seal away the resurrected shadow deity using a spell at the end, but you have to wonder why the villagers wouldn't have done this from the start to Dormin?

My guess is that the light deity needed to be sealed too for some reason (maybe this ties in to the Queen and Yorda in Ico, they were both made of light, but also both turn to shadow). So the best way to seal both was to fuse them together, making both canceling one another. The statues trap the light, the colossus trap the shadow.

Statues = inanimate objects, or death. Death used to preserve light.

Colossus = living creatures, or life. Life used to preserve shadow.

Also, notice that after the credits in ICO, Yorda has shadows cast on her from the sun, she is no longer a being of light but instead a normal person.

But I want to understand the link to Ico better:|

EDIT: There is a good theory document I forgot about, here http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/924364/41817

Been a while since I read it.

I grabbed my copy of ICO about a year ago, and it was ~30 bucks shipped. Have the prices gone out of control since then? IT would be amazing if Sony announced downloadable ps2 hits, but I don't think it will ever happen. It doesn't feel like Sony has any faith in their own ps2 emulation. I would need a bigger HDD too.

DieH@rd

Banned
jett said:
Everytime I try to run ICO I get a black screen. :/

Just a note, PCSX2 requires ps2 bios, and that bios IS NOT legal for internet download. You can dump it from your own ps2, or try your luck on teh interwebz.

Also, what is the latest version of GSDX plugin??? I have "gsdx 883 (sse2) 0.1.13" currently.

bounchfx

stuburns said:
Not the same resolution as ICO.

i'm not a tv aficionado but I'm pretty sure normal TV resolution is 480.. and progressive has nothing to do with the resolution, just the way it's rendered back to the viewer (both lines at once versus them taking turns), in which case they are the same resolution..

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
hahaha i got a copy of ico, 5 bucks, hole in the wall game store in mint condition (still had the celophane stuck to the side of the packaging).

StuBurns

Banned
bounchfx said:
i'm not a tv aficionado but I'm pretty sure normal TV resolution is 480.. and progressive has nothing to do with the resolution, just the way it's rendered back to the viewer (both lines at once versus them taking turns), in which case they are the same resolution..

ICO is 240p, SotC is 480p.

Danielsan

Those ICO shots are gorgeous. What kind of specs do you need to run that emulator?
Does it also play SotC (wouldn't mind seeing some juiced up shots of that).

and yes ICO runs at 240P and it still looks amazing!

StuBurns

Banned
bounchfx said:
surely you're jesting.. your source?

I can't imagine any tv or game going at 320x240. that's like fucking three inches
I'm not jesting, read the thread you're posting in for sources. It's pretty commonly known. I believe it's the lowest native resolution of any PS2 game, though there are PS1 games like that too.

bounchfx

stuburns said:
I'm not jesting, read the thread you're posting in for sources. It's pretty commonly known. I believe it's the lowest native resolution of any PS2 game, though there are PS1 games like that too.

wow, that's insane. and no, I'm not going to read the entire thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom