• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Early TRICO test footage (year+ old) -- READ FIRST POST

Status
Not open for further replies.
filopilo said:
Sony Gameshare (internal annual presentation of the whole Sony lineup) ,october or november 2007.
#1 most impressive stuff of the show:TRICO trailer
#2 was Heavy Rain with a demo uncknown to the public.

you work at QD, don't you? :D

jump_button said:
just want to get this out they

will any one but me love to see a team ico psp game :D SotC psp <3

ICO would be hawt on psp. though a version of Sotc woul lend itself really well to a portable, given how the mission design is structured.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
jump_button said:
just want to get this out they

will any one but me love to see a team ico psp game :D SotC psp <3

Imagine having a piece of PSP software on the Trico Blu-Ray (or on the Store, released simultaneously with Trico). Imagine it being something like a Tamagotchi kind of game, allowing you to customize the creature in some ways. Then imagine being able to copy the PSP save on the PS3. Trico recognizes said save and modifies the in-game creature accordingly.

Or something like that. It would be awesome even if it doesn't affect Trico gameplay one bit.

TTP said:
Imagine having a piece of PSP software on the Trico Blu-Ray (or on the Store, released simultaneously with Trico). Imagine it being something like a Tamagotchi kind of game, allowing you to customize the creature in some ways. Then imagine being able to copy the PSP save on the PS3. Trico recognizes said save and modifies the in-game creature accordingly.

Or something like that. It would be awesome even if it doesn't affect Trico gameplay one bit.

i think this would work better on eyepet than trico.

TTP said:

unless that feature is available in the ps3 disc version. there will be people complaining it's a gimmick designed to make people buy psp.

-viper-

Banned
Durante said:
It's the latest build (1190) of PCSX2, the latest GSDX plugin and mostly standard settings, with an internal rendering resolution of 2048x1536. One important point is to set the clamp mode for the VU and EE recompiler to "Extra" (in advanced settings).

60 FPS. Sadly there are some small graphics bugs in some areas.

Here are a few more:
n6xt1d.jpg

2r5c58k.jpg

b4cn76.jpg

se9dau.jpg

(beautiful)
How the hell? That looks unbelievable. It looks better than a lot of games out currently out :|

This needs to be released on the PS store.

Doubledex

Banned
"I started the ICO project. Ueda-san joined my team in Japan as a cinematic animator, but he created a short movie and presented it to me and said, 'I want to make this game.'

"I said, 'Yes, let's do it, but you have never made a game. We have to have experienced people do it,' so it took a while, recruiting one person at a time. And because Fumito Ueda doesn't compromise, we had to move the development from PSone to PlayStation 2. Then I couldn't complete the game because I moved to the United States.
That's the F. Ueda I know :lol :lol

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Ether_Snake said:
!!!Btw guys, I have GREAT NEWS!!!!.

I visit a CG forum, and there's a guy there who works at Santa Monica. Well he just said that he originally saw this exact trailer in fall 2007 (along with a Heavy Rain trailer).

This confirms what I thought; that this trailer is nearly two years old.

Prepare. For your mind. To be fucking blown at E3!
It's nice to hear that this video is old as dirt, but again, I don't expect shit at E3. Not to say I don't want them to blow the lid off, but wouldn't there be more precedence for them waiting till TGS?

Brobzoid said:
It's nice to hear that this video is old as dirt, but again, I don't expect shit at E3. Not to say I don't want them to blow the lid off, but wouldn't there be more precedence for them waiting till TGS?

i guess most ppl are really looking forward for trico @ e3 because of the sony allegations that this e3 will be their biggest in 11 years software-wise.
my guess is that they're bringuing their big guns to the show, announced and unnanounced.
and this trico "leak" weeks before e3 doesn't seem like a coincidence.

Brobzoid

kazuma_pt said:
i guess most ppl are really looking forward for trico @ e3 because of the sony allegations that this e3 will be their biggest in 11 years software-wise.
my guess is that they're bringuing their big guns to the show, announced and unnanounced.
That is a swell point... But I still think that they'll go all out at TGS and not E3, but hopefully there will be something at E3 too.

I'm scared of catching the hype :(

Brobzoid said:
That is a swell point... But I still think that they'll go all out at TGS and not E3, but hopefully there will be something at E3 too.

I'm scared of catching the hype :(

They can reveal it at E3 and then have it playable at TGS.

really it makes more sense to unveil it at E3, just weeks after this video when people are still creating a buzz about it, than leaving it for a few months - i don't see any reason for them to delay any official unveil after having released this internal video

AndyD

aka andydumi
kazuma_pt said:

I think part of the hype is the fans.

Sony has said "one of the better E3s" not "the biggest E3". We had that conversation in another thread how that subtle quote can and likely will be twisted into "Sony said this and then they didn't show jack" articles after E3 if Sony does not blow the top off the show.

That said, I think this leak is unofficially for E3 hype, and the real game trailer/showing will be at TGS.

jett

D-Member
Thanks Durante, I got ICO working on my PC...I didn't have the latest plug-in. Although I have a weird bug with the mist I think, it's just a white square. :p

AndyD

aka andydumi
Can you guys use spoiler or image hide tags for the giant pictures. It makes it easier when the page loads.

Otherwise, keep them coming. I had no idea there existed such a good PS2 emulator. Can someone point me in the direction of such a thing, I may be interested to run some older game again.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Please tell me I'm not crazy for considering to upgrade my rig inorder to play ICO & SOTC in high res. Those screens have me soooo freaking tempted right now...I even checked newegg for prices. :lol

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
some mo. When I screencap though, it doesn't honor the resolution I set in the options and have to resample the images afterward. Any way to remedy this?

fmcato

Can't believe I missed it. :O

Now confused to where it will fit into the ICO/SOTC storyline. Prequel to SOTC? Link between SOTC and ICO (perhaps they are at the sealed land)? Post-ICO story?

Damn.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
At first sight I get the impression there is no connection at all. But who knows! It wasn't obvious at all that SotC was connected to Ico.

FtsH

BlazingDarkness said:
can you take some screens of some of the shadow enemies too please
and maybe some of the Queen

=)

the Queen
29z7q5c.jpg

15jaxw.jpg

enemies, they look nothing like before :lol, they are moving too quick, hard to capture.
24orsx5.jpg

foq2rn.jpg

the pond
20ijkex.jpg

33oi72a.jpg

2e3wv2c.jpg

the garden
2dln4mu.jpg

2n1s1tj.jpg

ojmhx0.jpg

20z73mg.jpg

9an71g.jpg

the castle when you look around...
2jeb57q.jpg

20540vq.jpg

5x79ly.jpg

n6w8qe.jpg

jett

D-Member
Man ICO holds up REALLY good in HD. I messed around in the emulator for a while, but the glitches and bugs aren't worth the bump in resolution. What I'd give for a PSN port.

Haunted

Man, I remember how fucking impressed I was at that water puddle below the windmill. :lol

I also don't remember the shadow enemies looking quite as defined as that.

jett said:
What I'd give for a PSN port.
You and me both. SotC as well. *sigh*

Beardz

Haunted said:
Man, I remember how fucking impressed I was at that water puddle below the windmill. :lol

That water always seemed so clean and fresh, I used to jump from the top of the windmill... great times. :D

I messed around with PCSX2 as well and couldn't get it to run quite as good as 60 FPS - had to tone down the internal res to 1920x1080 but even then it looked amazing. I would also pay full retail for a PSN port of this in HD...It's so hard to see these images and realize how beautiful it could look.

Don

Haunted said:
That puddle still impressed me when I played through it again yesterday. :lol

seat

So despite a few graphical hitches, is Ico pretty playable on on PCSX2? I'd like to give the game a whirl in HD.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I want to cry it's so beautiful :O

That Maetel PCSX2 version actually helps this PC go beyond the PS2 logo and at a nice rate, but the games still don't play ... damn Pentium 4 :lol

Vinci

Danish
Jason's Ultimatum said:
SotC for $20 on PSN, upscaled including all left out collosi.

I'm good with this. I'd prefer the left-out colossai appear in TA alone though, but honestly I'd love to fight them so I'll take 'em however I can get them.

Brobzoid

damn FtsH! Splendid pictures! The art style is so god damn great even the fucking brick walls look incredible.

raviolico

jyx said:
I hope we can see this game in its full glory at the Sony press event. Only 4 days left.:D

if so, i`m curious how the announce it:

"folks, we leaked the concept video for you to build hype, now here is the real deal...!"

or ignoring a "leak":

"for the first time ever we will show a concept view of teamICO´s next project...!"

;-I

Vinci

Danish
raviolico said:
if so, i`m curious how the announce it:

"folks, we leaked the concept video for you to build hype, now here is the real deal...!"

or ignoring a "leak":

"for the first time ever we will show a concept view of teamICO´s next project...!"

;-I

"Everyone ... BOW BEFORE THE POWER OF TEAM ICO!!!"

*footage starts*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom