• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Earth Defense Force 2017 (Vita) confirmed for North American release

Vita confirmed for purchase by me.

Might as well get the AC3: Liberation bundle right? Same price as the regular but I get a free game and a memory card.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Vita confirmed for purchase by me.

Might as well get the AC3: Liberation bundle right? Same price as the regular but I get a free game and a memory card.

Yes. Impressions have been solid too so far.

And the white vita is super good looking. Really no reason to not get it unless you can find a used Vita for real cheap on CL or what not.

crinale

In Japanese version, the requirement to unlock Palewing is to beat the final mission (only that particular mission) regardless of the difficulty. You can just buy a copy, go online and join like "unlock pale wing" room and there you go. If you want to host such missions then you must beat up to mission 59, so to do the above you must find somebody generous enough to host such mission for you :) To join such mission there’s no restriction.

It may be a little tough decision if you worry about spoiler, but there's not too much of a story within EDF series so you don't have to worry too much about it, IMO.

Jonnyram

If you're going after trophies, there's no point in unlocking Palewing early anyway.
The trophies are kind of ridiculous. You have to complete each mission at least 10 times by the looks of it.

If you're going after trophies, there's no point in unlocking Palewing early anyway.
The trophies are kind of ridiculous. You have to complete each mission at least 10 times by the looks of it.

The achievements on the Xbox version are kinda funny. There's one for clearing each difficulty - which don't stack. And there's some for collecting weapons, I think there's like 6 achievements xD

In Japanese version, the requirement to unlock Palewing is to beat the final mission (only that particular mission) regardless of the difficulty. You can just buy a copy, go online and join like "unlock pale wing" room and there you go. If you want to host such missions then you must beat up to mission 59, so to do the above you must find somebody generous enough to host such mission for you :) To join such mission there’s no restriction.

It may be a little tough decision if you worry about spoiler, but there's not too much of a story within EDF series so you don't have to worry too much about it, IMO.

Shiiiiiiiit :(

Kyoufu

You have to unlock Pale Wing? :/

Yup. I was sad too when I saw Japanese Pale Wings flying around lol.

They made some silly design decisions. Unlocking Pale Wing and the default controls being horrible. You have to change it to "technical" if you want it to control like it should. :|

Tenki

I've talked with Namco Bandai and they said the game in Europe is at least one year from now, so December 2013 :(

Definitely makes it a hell of a lot more likely!

Damn, Now I have to think if I want a Vita for this game...
I still have EDF2017 on the 360 so I'm not sure how much I need this version. The flying character is cool, but I wonder if the game will run as "well" on the Vita as the 360.
uh, the only way to fly in 2017 I recall is in a helecopter...

One preview I read said it did just fine, no slowdowns or anything. Lower overall image quality to the PS3 version, but otherwise solid. Cannot recall where I read that though.
EDF 2017 is coming to the PS3? I don't think so...

Anyway, day one for me! One of my favourite games last gen!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
december 2013 can fuck off. There is practically nothing to localise, and anything there was can be ripped from the 360 version surely?

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
How does Pale Wing work weapon-wise in this game anyway, did they add energy weapons specifically for her or are you stuck with the same weapons as in the original 2017?

Kyoufu

How does Pale Wing work weapon-wise in this game anyway, did they add energy weapons specifically for her or are you stuck with the same weapons as in the original 2017?

She gets her own energy weapons. She's exactly the same as she was in EDF2. I love using her. :D

Kyoufu

Really, they put Pale Wing in the Vita version of 2017? Wow... more reason to look forward to this! :)

j4yta.jpg

Her absence was why I passed on the 360 version.

Shiv47

Yay, at real trophies this time.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/earth-defense-force-3-portable/trophies/

EDIT: Though it still has those same all missions at each difficulty type trophies like the 360, for both regular troops and Pale Wing. I'm hoping you don't need to play through multiple times... :(

Wow, a shit-ton of trophies compared to the 360 version. Hopefully they aren't a huge pain in the ass (beyond the beating the game 10 times for the main ones).

ijed

Destroydoid says February!

As does the EDF facebook page - also says it has 7 more levels than 2017.

Also the thing about EU release not until next Dec can't be true can it? Can't see any reason why it wouldn't come out in Feb when US version is released.

Top Bottom