• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Earth Defense Force 4.1 coming to PC via Steam on July 18

Moskalova

CnS1JhSUAAAykzt.jpg:large

http://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/410320/

Via Wario64

Price:

D3 Publisher will bring Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair to PC via Steam on July 18 for $49.99 with a 30 percent-off launch sale, the developer announced.

Gematsu

4 was my first EDF and I played a bunch of co op with my roommate when he got the Japanese version but when I bought it myself I barely played it. Same thing with 4.1. I want this but I know I will barely play it even though it is fun as hell. I wonder what they will price it at.

Mechazawa

Fuckin' noice. This was the last big holdout from those Steam leaks.

PS4 version still better tbh
Playing EDF at a stable frame rate wouldn't feel right

I mean.

Assuming they're the ones doing it, Sandlot aren't known for hot PC ports, so maybe you'll still get your wish.

Is this Sandlot's first PC port or are they outsourcing?

Either way, hope this turns out good. Have always wanted to play this series.

Kumubou

People are in here complaining about a lack of slowdown like it's a shump or something.

I actually hope this doesn't have a fixed refresh like a lot of JP ports tend to (or if it does, that they at least hack in 120hz support). Seeing this game at 144hz is going to be weird. Game's gonna need a 50x ant modifier so we can actually get the game running at the right framerate on powerful PCs.

Fishious

Wonderful. This is the game I'd been most anticipating out the the steam leaks, but it seems to have been one of the last ones to actually get announced. I'm surprised it's launching so soon after being announced.

Blam

God damn they finally did it.

I'm going to hope to fuck that they bring EDF 2017 on BC for Xbox One.

Jonbo298

Me and my brother were just talking about this 2 days ago. I'm fucking ready.

Yoooooo! Also will mods be possible??? :0

From the Steam discussion:
DLSc are $0.99-$2.99 and we plan to sell the Bundle set

support mods , packs of 4 ・・・we need more time.
Because for the first time we make EDF for PC.

Official mod support later since it's their first EDF on PC.

bede-x

Finally. Been waiting forever for this. Now don't do something stupid like leave the local co-op or online co-op out of the PC version.

PS4 version still better tbh
Playing EDF at a stable frame rate wouldn't feel right

I seriously doubt many PCs will be able to handle this at completely stable framerates. In splitscreen the PS4 version can hit sub 5fps..

Top Bottom