• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EARWOLF |OT| Podcasts for Daddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

big ander

"...to make sure that you will have death come into your life as a pleasant visitor. Also, I have low T."

you were right, only 10 minutes in and I already like it better than Get Fit Now and Hail Satan. Herzog's review of the planet: thumbs down lol

big ander

Giger was fucking incredible, the word association: "Women" "aaauuuuugh."

as someone who's been to the denver airport several times, Herzog's description of the airport horse was terrifyingly accurate.

"We don't get much out of Kevin." :lol

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Yeah, Travel Bug was the best of the Andy Daly podcasts yet.

For me it goes...

Travel Bug > Dalton Wilcox >>> Get Fit >> Hail Satan

Yeah, Travel Bug was the best of the Andy Daly podcasts yet.

For me it goes...

Travel Bug > Dalton Wilcox >>> Get Fit >> Hail Satan

That's my order too!

I think mine would be more Travel Bug>Wilcox>>Get Fit>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hail Satan.

The Chip Gardner stuff just never did it for me, unless they were discussing his side-by-sideness.

Bread

Banned
"number 9? is number 9 a metaphor?"

"...what the FUCK are you talking about"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP BRETT"

:lol

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I can't believe how flat out bonkers CBB was. I should have known it'd be god-tier with Zouks and Andy Daly though. I love how they constantly try to tie all his characters together. Amazing stuff. I wonder how much of the Gil and Golly character was planned from the start and how much they just ran with. Crazy.

big ander

"This is part of your fucking problem, alright? You turned to me and said 'Coffee?!' as if I was the stupidest man-- You just got finished with a story five minutes ago-- God dammit! why is that your default?" "Sorry! Sorry! Sorry! I don't care for you."
a cliffhanger?!

hey guys, don't you think the movie Cliffhanger should have ended on a cliffhanger?

Did it not? I don't remember very well. In fact, I don't even remember what I had for breakfast this morning, all I know is there's this phone next to me and I keep thinking I need to call a "booking agent" but I have no clue why.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Also, the latest episode of You Talkin' U2 To Me is the best thing ever.
Especially Harris turning up
. Incredible stuff.

DON'T FORGET THE T-SHIRTS!

big ander

Eye on Theatre was good, but not as good as Travel Bug or Wit and Wisdom. Gourley was great, but I thought there was too much breaking (and I normally love breaking) and the Dimello schtick wears after 100 minutes.
"Special Teaching for Austistic... and I don't want to say what the R stands for."
I thought this was hilarious, but the ep also made me realize that Wompler should stay in the...Wompler-verse? She's funniest with Listler/Gutterballs/Seth and Scott.

I absolutely love the Dimello character and was very happy to get to listen to his raspy breathing for this extended amount of time. When Wompler showed up I was even more psyched! Although her appearance was indeed lacking that something without Listler or the sexual tension of Scott.

I've always been a fan of Andy's work on CBB so I'm gladly supporting his new podcast and his new TV show.

big ander

Yeah, I watched Review today and it was really fun. And the couple of reactions I read said it only gets better as it goes on because it creates a sort of mythology/continuity. Can't wait.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I thought James Adomian was great this week.

I get put off by Adomian sometimes, I really don't care for his Jesse Ventura character, but as soon as I heard the unmistakable tones of
Alan Rickman/the Sheriff of Nottingham
I literally punched the air. I loved that. Was a great episode.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
The new episode of U Talkin' U2 To Me? is up, The Joshua Tree (w/ Harris Wittels).

Quickly becoming one of my favourite podcasts this, mainly because of Adam Scott. After Harris' appearance last week I genuinely can't wait to listen to this one.

big ander

Only part of the Live CBB that disappointed me was that Jonah and Adam seemed to really clam up when the sheriff of nottingham arrived, even more so than other guests normally do for a creakslamsit. But I'm chalking that up to the Sheriff doing so much work out in the crowd

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Only part of the Live CBB that disappointed me was that Jonah and Adam seemed to really clam up when the sheriff of nottingham arrived, even more so than other guests normally do for a creakslamsit. But I'm chalking that up to the Sheriff doing so much work out in the crowd
Yeah that was disappointing. I think Adomian is hilarious but he will dominate an episode.

Also the U Talkin' 2 To Me last week was amazing. "DON'T FORGET THE T-SHIRTS!" I'm catching up now to the current episode.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Oh man, the latest ADPPP was a bit tiring. They didn't really go with the concept of the episode, that it's supposed to be played at a party, and it just descended into them shouting at each other a lot. It was ok, but I think it's my least favourite so far.

big ander

AUTU22M was great this week. Tall John stories, angry Adam, 16 year old BOY Scott camping for tickets, early song drum noises, and Radio bad boy hair dog realizing this show is somehow even less organized than Phish.

Bread

Banned
Oh man, the latest ADPPP was a bit tiring. They didn't really go with the concept of the episode, that it's supposed to be played at a party, and it just descended into them shouting at each other a lot. It was ok, but I think it's my least favourite so far.
i see what you mean, but i think it would have been an impossible concept to actually execute. hearing jon daly call everyone a screw over and over along with them talking about the guy's withered arm in those accents made it a great episode.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Does anyone listen to Call Chelsea Peretti? I just discovered it, and I think she's fucking hilarious. She just takes caller all episode (sometimes with guests), and she has a soundboard that she has a lot of fun with.

big ander

Does anyone listen to Call Chelsea Peretti? I just discovered it, and I think she's fucking hilarious. She just takes caller all episode (sometimes with guests), and she has a soundboard that she has a lot of fun with.

I did when it started but fell off fast-- though my problems at the beginning were that the callers routinely sucked and that chelsea didn't have any other comedians on. From what I can tell that might not be the case anymore

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I did when it started but fell off fast-- though my problems at the beginning were that the callers routinely sucked and that chelsea didn't have any other comedians on. From what I can tell that might not be the case anymore
From what I've listened to, yes the callers still sometimes suck and she sometimes has other people, but honestly her reactions to callers who "bring nothing to the table" are hilarious and her soundboard work is on point.

big ander

if you are a little boy looking to grow into a big boy, be sure to check out the new R U2 Talkin U2 2 ME?
Don't think I've heard of that show. It's not ringing any balls, at least
college giiirrls
From what I've listened to, yes the callers still sometimes suck and she sometimes has other people, but honestly her reactions to callers who "bring nothing to the table" are hilarious and her soundboard work is on point.
CP is hysterical, so I'll have to try it out again.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
A new Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project episode is up - Rockin' and A Rollin' with Wolfman Hot Dog:
Get excited as Andy Daly & Matt Gourley present a love letter to waterskiing & Rock ‘n’ Roll’s Sha Na Na hosted by Wolfman Hot Dog. Join aspiring Sha Na Na member Wolfman Hot Dog as he shares a portion of his Dreams and Aspirations journal, chats with waterskiing legend Ahi & his cousin Penny about the golden age of waterskiing, and asks former Sha Na Na member Slammin’ Oliver Rothwell about his time in the band. Plus, the biggest Sha Na Na fan Veronica Melcher drops by for some Sha Na Na Trivia.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
The ADPPP Wolfman Hot Dog episode was great. So many amazing little moments, like the dream journal, over-estimating the amount of money that Sha Na Na would earn for gigs, and the ads for waterskiing equipment. "We don't make the handles, just the ropes". Fantastic stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom