• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Echo Dot was showing for free on Amazon Prime

SheHateMe

One went through, one got cancelled.

Ordered the white by accident on my account and then ordered the black one on my wife's account 20 seconds later.

Black got cancelled, white is with USPS and will be here tomorrow.

Eh. Not bad for zero work and cost.

Erekiddo

One went through, one got cancelled.

Ordered the white by accident on my account and then ordered the black one on my wife's account 20 seconds later.

Black got cancelled, white is with USPS and will be here tomorrow.

Eh. Not bad for zero work and cost.

Fitting username based off of wife's order getting cancelled and yours being fine.

DOWN

Banned
Now I can’t decide if I should give this to my brother for his birthday or keep it

I think I’ll give it to him since I want a HomePod in a few months

RootCause

Both of mine have shipped and arrive tomorrow. Still don't know what to do with them.
Hook them up to your entertainment system?
Maybe use it as an alarm?
I had no idea what to do with mine either, but after searching around the web, I've decide to set it up in my entertainment center. :)

Nelo Ice

Banned
Both of mine have shipped and arrive tomorrow. Still don't know what to do with them.
I never thought how useful echos would be until I got one. I use the one I got for Christmas all the time. Like 90% of my usage is for alarms and weather. But its also useful for shopping lists and to dos. Now that I have multiple I have one for the kitchen which will make shopping and ordering things I may need easier. And it'll be useful for music and timers.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Call me a conspiracy theorist but I feel like Amazon has been doing these "mistakes" purposefully to signal boost. There's going to be a lot of new Echo owners who are going to start advocating for it.

For those looking for more information on what you just "bought" you can checkout the Echo/Alexa thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1398745

I hear it gets better if I wrap it in tinfoil.

I don't think they are always on also, u have to press a button i think.

Edit: Maybe it is handsfree. I am wrong

You are wrong. These are hands free and the voice recognition is improved over gen1 dots.

I think they just cancelled any that weren't one day shipping, and cancelled any of those that hadn't entered shipment processing within a few hours. I had two with one day delivery and both got shipped and will be delivered today. One I had with no rush shipping (for the $5 pantry credit) and that got cancelled. I imagine a lot of the ones that got cancelled in this thread had 2 day shipping.

For the first 20-30 mins one day shipping was free if you had prime, and I think most of those people got theirs.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Call me a conspiracy theorist but I feel like Amazon has been doing these "mistakes" purposefully to signal boost. There's going to be a lot of new Echo owners who are going to start advocating for it.

For those looking for more information on what you just "bought" you can checkout the Echo/Alexa thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1398745

If I wrote this algorithm I would exclude existing users who I definitely recognize at purchase.

Stinkles

My delivery status changed from tomorrow and is now today!

Yass queen

So uh lmao, any nice speaker recommendations for this?

Pick something with aux in (3.5) so it's always "on" since Bluetooth wake can be fidgety.

I believe my dots actually came with a cable.

I use mine with the B&O A2 price error speaker I got from the gaf thread about that!

Hook them up to your entertainment system?
Maybe use it as an alarm?
I had no idea what to do with mine either, but after searching around the web, I've decide to set it up in my entertainment center. :)

Keep in mind when you plug the Dot aux output in, it disable the internal speaker. Alexa is much less useful if you have to plug in the speaker. The whole point is just telling it what you want.

Best workaround I found was a Bluetooth speaker. I had a couple of them that rarely got used (wife/kids too lazy to keep it charged and sync up to it, they just use device speaker, eww).

Plugged it into a micro USB power source and synced it to the Dot. Leave it on all the time. Plugged in AUX to my receiver. If I want better sound (music) I can just tell Alexa to disconnect Bluetooth and it falls back to the AUX output.

Stinkles

Keep in mind when you plug the Dot aux output in, it disable the internal speaker. Alexa is much less useful if you have to plug in the speaker. The whole point is just telling it what you want.

Best workaround I found was a Bluetooth speaker. I had a couple of them that rarely got used (wife/kids too lazy to keep it charged and sync up to it, they just use device speaker, eww).

Plugged it into a micro USB power source and synced it to the Dot. Leave it on all the time. Plugged in AUX to my receiver. If I want better sound (music) I can just tell Alexa to disconnect Bluetooth and it falls back to the AUX output.

I'm confused. Alexa can still hear you when plugged into a speaker and uses wifi for streaming and comms.

I just leave the speaker on. It's not doing anything till I tell it to.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Both of mine got cancelled. Overnight shipping wasn't an option for me. Oh well.

I needed another one anyways, so I went ahead and paid for one. I got a $5 "courtesy credit" at checkout lol

TrojanAg

I had one with two day shipping and it got cancelled. Guess next time I'll be a greedier asshole and order as many as I can with the fastest shipping.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
OP here, if anyone got one and plays POE(SC Harbringer league). Hook me up with some currency please, im new to the game

Mine just arrived lol. Can't believe amazon didn't stop this.

njDQTw3.jpg

Top Bottom