• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eddie Guerrrero is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_geche

ESPN Radio Host Makes Tasteless Comments About Guerrero Passing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anthony P. Landrosh sent in the following letter to me. He said that he was listening to ESPN radio earlier today, "The Herd With Colin Cowherd", and Colin Cowherd said some rude comments about Eddie Guerrero's passing. He accused Eddie and other wrestlers of steroid use. Cowherd said, "who cares that he died" and that Guerrero's death was not "newsworthy." He also started speculation on the "unknown causes" of his death.

Colin Cowherd has a subsite on ESPN.com, which you can visit by CLICKING HERE. He's the guy on the top banner of the page. His site also has an e-mail form where you can send an e-mail. CLICK HERE to visit the e-mail page if you have something to say to him.

Anyways, here is the letter paralegal Anthony P. Landrosh typed.....

I don't even know if anyone will even read this or care, but I want you to know that there are a lot of people that care about Eddie Guerrero (WWE star that passed away yesterday morning). Regardless of what you or your listeners think about professional wrestling, it does not change the fact
the Mr. Guerrero was a human being and to be so ignorant (Colin) by disrespecting him or his job a day after his death is borderline heartless.

I am a 32 year old male that (as most men in my demographic) spends a good portion of time watching Sportscenter, College Game Day, and NFL Sunday Night to mention a few shows on ESPN and its affiliates. I want you to know that the actions that your Radio hosts has just caused you a
viewer and listener. I also intend to post this on many other sites, so people can see how disrespectful you really are.

FYI- The disrespectful comments were made on the Colin Cowherd show this morning on ESPN Radio, accusing Eddie and other wrestlers of steroid use,making mention that "who cares that he died" this isn't even "newsworthy" and speculating as to the "unknown causes" of the death.

Thank you for your time.

Anthony Landrosh

his last name is "Cowherd"

the life hes had to endure with either beastality jokes, or just being a total pussy (Coward) probably make him grumpy as a given

edit:
lg_colin_cowherd.jpg

ok I think the latter comment probably applies more, and hes balding too. :lol

Supposably espn has gotten thousands of complaints in regards to this assholes comments.

They had to disconnect their customer service number :lol

Give em hell Wrestling fans.

Nameless

I'm in no way just saying this because he died, but Eddgie Guerrero is was the best WWE champion the company had in the last year or two. Eddie>>>>>>>JBL>>>>>Cena...

Certainly would have had a couple of more title runs before it was all set and done...

Grimlock

What the Fuck??!!!! I was offline for 3 days so I hadn't heard a peep about this until just now. Shit, I'm so pissed! The only bit of TV I watched last week was his match against Ken Kennedy Friday.

Man, I'm just so mad.

rsilva, props for the wallpaper. It'll be my new desktop for a long time.

R.I.P., Eddie.

Shinobi

You know, if the point of those pouring shit on Eddie was that "well nobody gave a shit about Veteran's Day", I'd like to ask one question...where the fuck were your posts in the TWO Veteran's Day threads that were posted? They both quietly sank to the back pages with barely ten posts apiece. If the day means that much to you, why didn't you say anything in them? And even if the excuse is that you didn't see the threads, why didn't you make any of your own?

Needless to say that reasoning doesn't fly with me.

Guzim

From Insidepulse.com
On Denis & Callahan on WEEI out of Boston this morning they mentioned Eddie's death, ragged on him for probably doing steroids, and then said "Well, at least he didn't fall out of the rafters like some of them do...SPLAT!"
Wow.

Nov 14

I've been up all night and haven't realy slept as everyone knows by know Eddie Guerrero has passed away. Everybody knows Eddie had his demons but he had been clean for a long time, it was way to soon for him to go and he leaves behind three beautifull young daughters and a wonderfull wife my heart goes out to them. Eddie was a huge help to me. He helped me progress in the ring and we even wrestled at wrestlemania in houston in 2001 for the european championship. Eddie I pray you are in a better place and THANKYOU for everything you taught me. Now instead of usually talking about what I'm up to I'm going to break down the reality of this business we call wrestling. When I say "who's next" I'm not coining Goldbergs line I'm actually wondering who's next? Who's next to die?

I can think of at least 15 to 20 people who have died from various things mostly prescription pain killers. For all you wanna be wrestlers who wanna get in this business..escpecially now when wwe doesn't pay you anymore than you would make at a 9 to 5 job let me break some things down for you. When I started wrestling I had never seen or heard of vicodin or percocet or soma. How come so many wrestlers die from these medications and football players and hockey players don't? The answer is simple..wrestlers especially wwe wrestlers work 5 days a week all year long taking bump after bump in the ring, a doctor explained it to me like this..everytime you take a fall in the ring it's like gettin rear ended by a car going 20mph so how many bumps in the ring a night do you take? multiply that by how many times a week you work all year long..that's a hell of a lot of whiplash and pain. I can remember hearing a conversation from some unamed wwe head guys talking about how this certain person needs to go to rehab but they couldnt send him because he was to important to the show..that's the reality people thta is how we are treated...look at me I break my neck in the ring had to have 2 discs taken out of my neck and a steel plate put in and was told at the time by Johny Ace in his exact words were when I asked if my job would be in jeopardy? He said "we don't fire people with injuries like that" Hmm that's funny cause 2 months after surgery I got fired because I wasn't working. My 7 years of busting my ass for them and putting over the bosses son while my foot was broken in a cast were all forgotten about. I remember when I was bein trained by Bret and I met Bad News Allen he said this to me and I'll never forget it "all wrestlers are to Vince are puppets and when he is done playing with you he throws you away but sometimes he'll dust you off bring you back and play with you some more" That is the truth people...when Johny Ace called me and told me they were releasing me which of course he put all the heat on Vince...I said to him what kind of message are you sending the boys that if they get hurt they are going to get fired? So all the guys who don't want to lose their jobs what do they do...popp a couple of percocet or vicodin and mask the pain cause god forbid they say they are hurt and lose their job...I'm not going to name any names but I know at least a dozen or so wrestlers who are addicted to these things for that very reason...get hurt lose your job...

I just turned 30 my back aches everyday, I have a metal plate in my neck and yes I got in the business at the right time and have a lot of nice things but is it all worth it? you guys don't see the ugly side of this business..yes wrestling is entertainment but the bumps and bruises are real and sometimes they don't go away...so think long and hard before you get in this business cause I can tell you first hand that if your not working or making them money they don't give a SHIT about you....and the sad part is Eddie was clean and I guarantee he won't be the last one to die in the next 12 months..so that's why I say who's next? Don't take your life for granted it's a gift..don't go to bed mad and tell the people you care about you love them because you never know....take care

This really saddens me by reading something like this. Especially if Vince continues with this kind of behavior, people in the industry will eventually turn on him (most of them have already), leading his empire to burn down by itself.

WWE needs an off-season bad. Even for just a month. I don't see any negatives to it at all except lost house show revenue, and when they come back, everything will be fresh and over with the crowd.

Shinobi

Mandark had another idea where the guys take one or two months off on a rotating basis, so there's always a show on. That's probably the better way to go. Either way, they need to do something...sooner or later this shit is gonna bite them in the balls.

i agree that something, hell ANYTHING needs to be done to lessen the brden on these guys.

Now you see why TNA is becoming a much brighter alternative for wrestlers. More emphasis on performance, MUCH lighter schedule, and plenty of time to recover.

You do notice the guys in TNA and ROH never really seem to be injured. Sure they may have their bumps and brusies, but is ANYONE on the shelf with an injury right now? The recovery time is such a key thing and the WWE workers being on the road for 200+ days a year for a DECLINING salary just doesn't seem worth it.

I have a deep love for wrestling as well as respect and admiration for the workers. Hell, I want to get trained to finally live out MY dream. I know I'll never make a dime and wont get any exposure on a national level. It's not about that, it's the "sickness" that so many wrestlers talk about.

But in this climate, I don't know if it's worth going through. I have a passion for it, I WANT to do it, but on the other hand I have a concerned wife and family.

J2 Cool

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
WWE needs an off-season bad. Even for just a month. I don't see any negatives to it at all except lost house show revenue, and when they come back, everything will be fresh and over with the crowd.

Agreed, maybe even post Wrestlemania. A month or two. Hell, it would even give them time to structure a year out roughly, make it fresh again, and most importantly give the guys some rest.

J2 Cool said:
Agreed, maybe even post Wrestlemania. A month or two. Hell, it would even give them time to structure a year out roughly, make it fresh again, and most importantly give the guys some rest.

how about just cut out the crap house shows that no one really goes to anyway?

Nothing ever happenes at them and all it does is wear the talent out and line McMahon's pockets.

J2 Cool

Outcast2004 said:
how about just cut out the crap house shows that no one really goes to anyway?

Nothing ever happenes at them and all it does is wear the talent out and line McMahon's pockets.

That's true, though even football players have days off between, practices, and an offseason still to rest up. Next to football players and hockey, wrestlers arguably take the worst beatings. Some wrestlers anyway.. But some spots and bumps seriously need months to heal sometimes, not just days. I'm in full support of an offseason. I don't think I'd have ever gotten turned off to wrestling if there was a 2 month lapse, and everything got wrapped up before it began again. WWE can even use that time for new talent. And you know they need that.

J2 Cool said:
That's true, though even football players have days off between, practices, and an offseason still to rest up. Next to football players and hockey, wrestlers arguably take the worst beatings. Some wrestlers anyway.. But some spots and bumps seriously need months to heal sometimes, not just days. I'm in full support of an offseason. I don't think I'd have ever gotten turned off to wrestling if there was a 2 month lapse, and everything got wrapped up before it began again. WWE can even use that time for new talent. And you know they need that.
That and give the writer's time to come up with some real quality material also. I think alot of benefit would come from this as well. Ever since I started seeing ads on T.V. for the in-house shows I wondered "man, when do these guys get the time to rest?"

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Outcast2004 said:
i agree that something, hell ANYTHING needs to be done to lessen the brden on these guys.

Now you see why TNA is becoming a much brighter alternative for wrestlers. More emphasis on performance, MUCH lighter schedule, and plenty of time to recover.

OT: But if TNA starts up the house show circuit, will this remain true? Alternative now, but when touring starts going more and more, could be more of the same? I dunno. =/

WWE needs to look at the Puro companies and their tour system. They tour a region, with a big blow off show or something at the end, than the wrestlers get a good couple weeks or so downtime. Any downtime is a good time for these guys.

Kintaro said:
OT: But if TNA starts up the house show circuit, will this remain true? Alternative now, but when touring starts going more and more, could be more of the same? I dunno. =/

WWE needs to look at the Puro companies and their tour system. They tour a region, with a big blow off show or something at the end, than the wrestlers get a good couple weeks or so downtime. Any downtime is a good time for these guys.

Very good point.

Even if WWE decides to do a House Show tour and then just do TV for a month that would be a great improvement as well.

ANYTHING to lighten the load on these guys. Perhaps the in ring stuff will improve as well due to your guys not being beat up as much. We all have to agree, ring wise WWE is getting SPANKED by TNA and their RESTED workers. TNA's Genesis was a great example of this.

Now more than ever, McMahon will be under the microscope about how he works his people.

I mean really, going by that autopsy.. Eddie worked himself to death for the business/sport he LOVED, possibly as much as his family.

Himuro said:
Where the hell did that interview with test come from?

From his official website: http://www.andrewtestmartin.com/

I'm with you guys for an off-season too. How about a full month starting mid-december (not a whole lot of people watch wrestling during that time anyway), and another one sometime during the rest of the year.

Or maybe, just put all the Raw/Smackdown roster all back together, that would make a much bigger pool talent to choose from for the shows, thus leaving some of them one or two weeks break once in a while.

We don't see some of the wrestlers every week on TNA Impact (for now), doing this could actually leave the wrestlers breathe a little as well as not oversaturate their presence.

The Main Event said:
We don't see some of the wrestlers every week on TNA Impact (for now), doing this could actually leave the wrestlers breathe a little as well as not oversaturate their presence.

Add in the fact that they tape once every 2 weeks and a PPV. 3 days a month of work.

PLENTY of time to rest, or work indy dates, whatever you want to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom