• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eddie Guerrrero is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matlock

Banned
http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/eddieguerreropasses

WWE is deeply saddened by the news that Eddie Guerrero has passed away. He was found dead this morning in his hotel room in Minneapolis. Eddie is survived by his wife Vickie and his two daughters

Eddie Guerrero was found in his hotel room in Minneapolis with his toothbrush in his mouth. He apparently died while brushing his teeth. At this point, the belief among WWE personnel is that Guerrero died of heart failure.

Shortly after Guerrero's body was found and removed from the room, Chris Benoit, Rey Mysterio, Dean Malenko and Chavo Guerrero visited the hotel room to say their goodbyes. WWE wrestlers and staffers were visibly shaken and emotional while leaving the hotel to go the Target Center, the site of tonight's Raw/Smackdown taping. Word from WWE sources is that the tenor of tonight's taping will be dramatically different and that the Smackdown show will need to be revised.

Guerrero's death is now the lead story on WWE.com, under the headline "Tragic Loss". The article says that WWE is "deeply saddened" by Guerrero's death, and provides no further details on his passing.

Eddie Guerrero had breakfast this morning with Chavo Guerrero and at least one other wrestler, then returned to his hotel room. When he didn't come out of his room in the expected amount of time, friends went looking for him and found him dead.

Guerrero has a long history of battling pain pill addiction, a struggle that was chronicled in a UPN special last year which is now on DVD. There is no firm confirmation, though, at this time, that his death was related to his lifelong battle.

Wow ... although im not a big wrestling fan no more i thought that move he did the three amigos was excellent ... may he rest in peace.

Kuroyume

Banned
B00028G6OE.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The Eddie Guerrero story is a surprisingly well done documentary of a 17 year veteran who dealt with the demons on the outside, and more importantly, the demons on the inside. It goes on to tell how Eddie overdosed on drugs more than once, and when he got into a near fatal car accident, only to fight back and eventually win the wwe championship in a triumphant victory.

He was only 38? I think it was 37 but whatever...

HOLY FUCK!!!

When I first read it I was in shock and then though "this is gaf this is a joke" then when i opened the thread and read the quote I still did not believe it and i still dont want to believe it...

HOLY SHIT :(

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK! No matter what the cause FUCK!!

He will be missed by all wrestling fans and I fell sorry for his family

wow thats terrible. Especially for his kids.

HOw rare is it that an active wrestler actually dies? Only others i can think of are Pillman and Owen Hart.

Guzim

Damn :( I'm sure he was going to win the belt at the Smackdown taping tonight too.

One of my favorite wrestlers ever. So many great matches with him especially Halloween Havoc 1997 with Rey and Wrestlemania XX against Kurt Angle. Watching him win the WWE Championship was one of the greatest moments as a wrestling fan too. And it's a damn shame too considering what he's been through...

R.I.P. Eddie.

The Eddie Guerrero story is a surprisingly well done documentary of a 17 year veteran who dealt with the demons on the outside, and more importantly, the demons on the inside. It goes on to tell how Eddie overdosed on drugs more than once, and when he got into a near fatal car accident, only to fight back and eventually win the wwe championship in a triumphant victory.

Good news everyone : WWE is fake.

LakeEarth

Dammit... this had to be a drug thing. I was hoping it was Eddie Guerroro Sr, I couldn't remember if he was dead or not but... dammit.

Guzim said:
Hope you enjoyed your stay at Gaming-Age.

What does that mean? The DVD clearly state that he defeated his inner demons and then WON the WWE as an act of victory. WTH. Ok, you can watch WWE all you want, you can find it exciting, but there are NO "triumphant victory" in this.

If I'm banned for this, it's completly stupid.

Littleberu said:
What does that mean? The DVD clearly state that he defeated his inner demons and then WON the WWE as an act of victory. WTH. Ok, you can watch WWE all you want, you can find it exciting, but there are NO "triumphant victory" in this.

STFU.

Kabuki Waq said:

What? You guys are blind delusionnal fanboy or some shit? I'm no way trolling WWE or wrestling, but this DVD is just a BIG PR STUNT. The guy died, probably from drug overdose from what I heard, and this guy post a DVD that said "he fough back and won a WWE championship" after one of his drug overdose....

CLAP CLAP CLAP.

Littleberu said:

Bye! Nothing Funny Just Goodbye!

Matlock

Banned
What the hell are you even talking about? The DVD was out far before this happened, and issued the demons in his past. People thought he was back on track...

...now whether this death was caused by a relapse or just the effects of his abuse, well, that's up in the air.

Either way, you're just coming off as ignorant in here, and I'd rather you leave.

Kuroyume

Banned
Littleberu said:
What? You guys are blind delusionnal fanboy or some shit? I'm no way trolling WWE or wrestling, but this DVD is just a BIG PR STUNT. The guy died, probably from drug overdose from what I heard, and this guy post a DVD that said "he fough back and won a WWE championship" after one of his drug overdose....

CLAP CLAP CLAP.

DVD Release Date: September 28, 2004

I just posted the quote to suggest that MAYBE drugs were possible.

Matlock said:
What the hell are you even talking about? The DVD was out far before this happened, and issued the demons in his past. People thought he was back on track...

...now whether this death was caused by a relapse or just the effects of his abuse, well, that's up in the air.

Either way, you're just coming off as ignorant in here, and I'd rather you leave.

What I meant is this :

Lance Armstrong had the cancer, fought it, and won the Tour de France.

This guy had a drug overdose, came close to death from a car accident, and then won a WWE Championship.

Now let's put it this way : The guy had a drug overdose (not cool), came close to death in a car accident (not cool too, probably due to drug or alcool), and then won a WWE Championship (which is like beating the bad guy in a movie).

Do you guys UNDERSTAND? There's no honor in winning a WWE championship after these things. Maybe if had cancer, lost a lot of weight, and had to compete in a nationnal true physical endurance event (i.e. not fixed).

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Jet Li once had a horrible leg injury and they were sure he'd never be able to perform again... yet he fought back and went on to star in many successful action movies. But I guess that doesn't mean shit since all those fights were staged!

Stop being an ass.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Littleberu said:
What I meant is this :

This guy had a drug overdose, came close to death from a car accident, and then won a WWE Championship.

Now let's put it this way : The guy had a drug overdose (not cool), came close to death in a car accident (not cool too, probably due to drug of alcool), and then won a WWE Championship (which is like beating the bad guy in a movie).

Do you guys UNDERSTAND? There's no honor in winning a WWE championship after these things. Maybe if had cancer, lost a lot of weight, and had to compete in a nationnal true physical endurance event (i.e. not fixed).

No.

levious said:
Jet Li once had a horrible leg injury and they were sure he'd never be able to perform again... yet he fought back and went on to star in many successful action movies. But I guess that doesn't mean shit since all those fights were staged!

Stop being an ass.

But it's not a "Triomphant victory". They act as if the guy actually fought to win the tournament.

pestul

Littleberu said:
What I meant is this :

Now let's put it this way : The guy had a drug overdose (not cool), came close to death in a car accident (not cool too, probably due to drug or alcool), and then won a WWE Championship (which is like beating the bad guy in a movie).

Nope.. he still came back, anyway you look at it. What, you condem people for mistakes they make in the past even if they recover? I call that a victory for Eddie.. apparently you don't.

I always liked Eddie.

pestul said:
Nope.. he still came back, anyway you look at it. What, you condem people for mistakes they make in the past even if they recover? I call that a victory for Eddie.. apparently you don't.

I always liked Eddie.

Yop, apparently I don't. That's it.

And on another note : Why is trolling wrestling not allowed, while Drinky Crow and MAF troll everything in their way? Or that some people troll movies thread?

Corrupted moderations.

J2 Cool

Holy fucking shit.. NEVER in a million years seen this coming. What the fuck??? I literally just crossed his entrance on Smackdown Thursday. I was watching it, and he came in on a lowrider, had his entrance. And his opponent was came out. Don't even remember who. But my older brother asked "who's this?" and I said "Eddie Guerrero, he's one of the biggest guys on Smackdown right now". Sadly looking back, my brother thought they looked like jobbers, and flipped the channel. But it was so damn recent! This is a heartbreaker. :( :( :(

Littleberu said:
Yop, apparently I don't. That's it.

And on another note : Why is trolling wrestling not allowed, while Drinky Crow and MAF troll everything in their way? Or that some people troll movies thread?

Corrupted moderations.

Get out. Apparently Lance Armstrong cheated on his wife(not cool). So he should be stripped of his glory and made fun of when he dies.. What the fuck is wrong with you? Eddie Guerrero worked hard, overcame hurdles like we all have to, and eventually succeeded in his career at the highest level.

demi

Littleberu said:

Because they're fatheaded gimps.

Littleberu said:
What I meant is this :

How about you drive in a car and stay as far as you can away from your family for 300 days of the year, train with weights and stuff the days you are at home and 4 hours a day every year then go to you cloest boxing club ask some on to throw you around in the ring for about 20 mins then do that about 20 times a month!

Anyways, someone died have some respect!

WTF is with these threads. When something SERIOUS happens all we hear is "LOLZ DUMB BITCH" or "HAHA LOLZ"

But when a WRESTLER DIES OMG ITS A TRAGEDY!

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
MrAngryFace said:
WTF is with these threads. When something SERIOUS happens all we hear is "LOLZ DUMB BITCH" or "HAHA LOLZ"

But when a WRESTLER DIES OMG ITS A TRAGEDY!

I swear sometimes I think you are omglemurs

Crowza

Littleberu said:

You sir, are a complete fucking idiot.

Professional wrestling is a performance art. Yes, winning a championship does mean something in the business and it is an accomplishment. For the most part, to wear the main championship of a company means that to the management you are thought to be the best performer in the company (not always, but it is an assumption). You have fought through the politics and proven yourself on more than one occasion. You are handed nothing in the professional wrestling business. You have to earn everything.

Just because something is scripted does not mean they can pick anyone off the street and give them the "lead role" in a movie and except to them to win an Oscar.

Go troll somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom