• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDGE: "Meet NeoGAF, the hardcore community shaping the games media agenda"

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
I <3 NeoGAF. Former game journo turned PR/marketing and GAF has always been my number one destination for gaming and entertainment. I often frequent off topic and community sections more than gaming nowadays, but regardless, I recommend to all my friends and colleagues to be a part of the most influential gaming community.

Atrophis

I've been a member for six years and in that time no one told me Microsoft make their hiring and firing decisions based on what we post. What the hell guys?

i-Lo

Firstly, I to say that had Malka sold the site to a large corporation I doubt it would have been as influential as it is today.

Secondly, I like the part about Neogaf being responsible for marriages.

"Hello there, pau" XD XD

Also, I have to ask, are we going to see the multipart feature on GT before E3?

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
this is 2013 and they couldn't apply a red-eye filter to evilore's eyes? get the fuck outta here, EDGE...

It's super unflattering, but they were in a hurry to publish due to current events and I didn't have anything appropriate to submit, so I snapped off an iPhone self-shot in front of a wall, figuring it would be heavily cropped, background removed, and thumbnail sized. Yuck! I've asked them to update it.

Tamanon

Banned
It's super unflattering, but they were in a hurry to publish due to current events and I didn't have anything appropriate to submit, so I snapped off an iPhone self-shot in front of a wall, figuring it would be heavily cropped, background removed, and thumbnail sized. Yuck! I've asked them to update it.

Truly a commentary on the game enthusiast press!

Megasoum

Banned

You should have put a Gameinformer watermark on it.

Why would they post it without any editing whatsoever? Even if they were in a rush, that's just sloppy on their part.

matmanx1

Yay us? I'm not sure I want Gaf called out over being associated with someone losing their job though. Orth's comments were his own and I'd like to think that there would have been appropriate action taken even if the thread hadn't been created here on Gaf.

And stay cool, EviLore. NeoGaf is my favorite destination on the internet and has been for some time.

Az

Should have sent it to Ami for edit.

Huahuahua. No.

Yay us? I'm not sure I want Gaf called out over being associated with someone losing their job though. Orth's comments were his own and I'd like to think that there would have been appropriate action taken even if the thread hadn't been created here on Gaf.

And stay cool, EviLore. NeoGaf is my favorite destination on the internet and has been for some time.

I think it's apparent that Orth would have lost his job over those tweets regardless of whether GAF picked up on them.

Haunted

Member since 2006, I haven't seen or found a place quite like this so far, can't see myself leaving, either. I think I'm going to continue to post here for the foreseeable future.

Good show, lads.

Man, they should at least have a graphic artist on staff to put A LITTLE effort on red eye/clean up. RIP visual editorial.

I'm taken aback by this article. I can't believe that we're painted as a pit of vipers, essentially. Have they not looked at any other forums with this kind of membership? NeoGAF is incredibly accepting in comparison as far as I'm concerned.

Ushae

Banned
Nice for the site to get the recognition. GAF does tend to pick on news li g before major media news outlets publish anything.

RkOwnage

I'd imagine we're painted this way because of some of the posts having influence to...affect things? I don't know, maybe I stay away from a lot of the controversy posts on this site, but I think most of the people here are stand up, and easy to get a long with. I've seen WAY WAY worse forums out there...

I'd imagine we're painted this way because of some of the posts having influence to...affect things? I don't know, maybe I stay away from a lot of the controversy posts on this site, but I think most of the people here are stand up, and easy to get a long with. I've seen WAY WAY worse forums out there...

Enough influence to even have accidents or fake information be taken as gaming news.

Those who remember the MGS: Triology stuff would know, and I'm pretty sure there's other instances.

PopeReal

In a hurry due to the Orth events? Or something else?

I cannot believe how much drama drops on the gaming side. I'll admit I browse and post more on the OT side since I've grown older, and my interest in gaming has diminished, but............Jesus!

Coen

Pretty cool of him not to sell it. I'm sure I would've stopped reading and posting the moment this became part of some network of sites. I've been here for fifteen years (don't quote me on that) and I've see popular websites come and go, but neogaf has always been the top bookmark in my gaming folder. So thanks Evilore, for not caving.

Top Bottom