• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDGE: "Meet NeoGAF, the hardcore community shaping the games media agenda"

saladine1

You guys think you're so good.
I bet you're holding your head up high in pride because people are talking about you huh?
You are all nerds!
Get a life Gaf...

BLrBWRg.gif

Since joining Gaf I've had a lot of interesting conversations and I feel like I'm typically in front of the news well before it's broadcast to the rest of the gaming community. It's really great. Regardless of the power of Gaf, it's just fun to be part of.

But more than anything the thing I appreciate about Gaf is, as heated as discussions get, as dumb as the arguments might be at times be, as caustic as commentors can sometimes get, being a dick seems to be as far as people go. I don't have to put up with bigotry, racism, or (mostly) sexism (still working on it). Appropriate moderation is what makes this community fun to be part of.

While I love certain other sites like Giant Bomb, even there the community's interaction, discourse, and behavior is far below Gaf. So, thank you. You're doing it right.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
That is a haunting Evilore photo.

But yeah, we are pretty great :]

TommyT

Would love to be a fly on the wall during those buyout talks. Is it left at just a "No thanks." as soon as the conversation comes up, or is it even mulled about...

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Editorials like this worry me because it means even more attention will be placed on GAF, and as a result more people will want to join.
How is that any different than it is right now?

The waiting period is the waiting period, regardless of how large the queue gets. That's what keeps this place relatively on track. That, and a low tolerance for bullshit.

I remember the one time I've ever showed anyone anything from NeoGAF.com it was when they were announcing the PS4 and I was refreshing the thread over and over again, it finally loaded and the first thing we saw was THE NO LIFE KING saying "8GB DDR5 ALL OVER MY FACE" and I just said to him "yeah that sounds about right."

Top Bottom