• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDGE: "Meet NeoGAF, the hardcore community shaping the games media agenda"

While I can see shinobi's thread bringing the situation to light with the media, it's odd to correlate that with Orth's resignation without presenting the alternative that he could have simply been violating company policy and MS took what they felt was appropriate action.

ironcreed

Banned
GAF simply does not let bullshit or shenanigans slide, and it should be commended for that. As for cases like Dyack and Too Human? LOL, he brought that on himself because he could not be professional and keep his mouth shut. Hell, I even had fun with Too Human and I know plenty of others who did as well. But in his position, the way in which he handled himself reflected even more poorly on his game, as well as Silicon Knights. If you open a can of worms, you best be prepared to eat the damn things.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Why is there apparently a super high resolution iPhone self shot of my head in this article? :/ I thought that was going to be for something thumbnail-sized so I just submitted whatever.

Your eyes are so dreamy.

Dennis

Banned
Why is there apparently a super high resolution iPhone self shot of my head in this article? :/ I thought that was going to be for something thumbnail-sized so I just submitted whatever.

Internet millionaire, too cheap to get proper head shot.

EviLore?

You forgot to log out of your alt account.

Imagine if someone ran a massive forum of just alt-accounts. Constantly replying, creating banter and arguments. memes and meltdowns. All themselves. Never telling anyone outside the truth.

The lurkers think they'll get their account one day...they never will. There are no users. Only neogaf.

I always find it funny how Neogaf is characterized as incredibly cynical and negative in these stories, considering my other two main destinations are rpgcodex and /v/ :)

Half the threads read like viral marketing to me.

NewFresh

Imagine if someone ran a massive forum of just alt-accounts. Constantly replying, creating banter and arguments. memes and meltdowns. All themselves. Never telling anyone outside the truth.

The lurkers think they'll get their account one day...they never will. There are no users. Only neogaf.

Shhhh....

I am about to take you back to Internet court for this hodgepodge sentence. #gaf

Probably my biggest obstacle on here so far. I'm trying to be too verbose, I guess.

But then, criticism is my main export, and I want to be really good at it, so if I can't adequately explain in detail my points on something, I will have failed. I figure I might as well get as much practice in, or else just adopt it as my persona entirely.

I certainly do not want to be Rowan Kaiser or Arthur Gies, using only lower case letters in casual situations.

In NYC, we offered 50 bucks a piece (25+ people) so that he'd unban fistful of metal. Evilore declined...That's serious integrity right there.

Unless of course somebody knew what you were doing and secrettly offered him a buck more to keep him banned

Probably my biggest obstacle on here so far. I'm trying to be too verbose, I guess.

But then, criticism is my main export, and I want to be really good at it, so if I can't adequately explain in detail my points on something, I will have failed. I figure I might as well get as much practice in, or else just adopt it as my persona entirely.
I'm just messing with you, of course.

Gotta love how super res that image of evil lore is. hehe

I think there is some over exaggeration though on somet hings there. There is no stereotypical "hive minding" on GAF and the connotation is really negative.

Also, it is some very topical reporting. the Orth situation was not GAF's doing per say... just its point of origin.

Withnail

Evilore must have something big planned if he's willing to turn down that money.

Global domination probably. We are his power.

monome

thread makes me:
1/ want to have sex with every gaf memember
2/ believe
3/ laugh hard at Edge
4/ print Evilore pic and srt it over my bed
5/ rage over the fact that if any thing in the article about our influence were true, games wouldn t be the beta products, dlc dependent "products" we re mostly shoved down our wallets.

that said some gafers are truly both eagle eyed and worth taking notice games industry wide

According to this website NeoGAF makes

$ 8,729 / day
$ 261,870 / month
$ 3,142,440 / year

man-in-pouring-rain.gif

kitsuneyo

With all this coverage and industry recognition, GAF is headed for critical mass and respectability. Hope it doesn't change too much as a result.

Top Bottom