• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EGM subscriptions are up.

ScOULaris

EGMi makes me wonder. Would you guys buy a weekly gaming magazine? I'm talking a legitimate print publication like TIME or Newsweek, so it would be shorter but more current.

I think it would be cool, but I can understand why there isn't exactly a market for that.

I browsed through EGMi last night, and the first thing I have to say is that I would really love to see it on the iPad, and iPhone, for that matter. Like, this magazine on the iPad would make me buy up the device day one.

My other comment I have to say is that the History of Final Fantasy Cover Story is written like some horrible 1990's video game site drivel. The review was great, but the retrospective was just embarrassing to read.

Hopefully I'll get my issue today before leaving for a trip home this weekend! Can't wait to get my hands on it!

Struct09

I subscribed this morning, but had a problem accessing Area5's video in EGMi. It wouldn't load in either IE or Firefox, but the rest of EGMi was working. Anyone else have issues?

PaNaMa

Banned
Got my iPass last night, and have just logged in this morning to check out the mag.
It's awesome, I'm very impressed. Work is a little slow today, so I'm loving the fact I have a new digital EGM to read/view. More thoughts when I finish!

Amy word on when/if this is coming to Ipad? if they had a subscription app, I would buy it immediately. I don't really use a PC anymore since I got this device, and I'm not going back for a digital magazine.

ScOULaris

Hey, question for those of you who have the magazine. How much of the content in this week's EGMi is reused from the print version? A lot? A little?

V_Ben

Banned
ScOULaris said:
Hey, question for those of you who have the magazine. How much of the content in this week's EGMi is reused from the print version? A lot? A little?

hmm. bits and bobs are recyled. the game previews are kinda from the issue, a couple of reviews are in the print issue. nothing major.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
ScOULaris said:
You never know. It might come today. Where do you live?

LOL, mail man just came and IT DID. Indiana here. first US one?

I got a Ken cover QQ, Wanted ryu but all is well. Paper feels great...

ScOULaris

That's awesome! You're not the first U.S. one, since a bunch of people from the northern half of the country have been getting them, but glad you finally got yours.

Sorry to hear about the Ken cover. I want the Ryu one as well.

Costanza

Banned
Blueblur1 said:
You're in Florida, really? I should have mine too then.
Yeah dude.

Check your mail? I think some of them will be shipping from a town called Palm Coast where the distributor is located so that's why we're getting the issues in the south US first.

Struct09

Struct09 said:
I subscribed this morning, but had a problem accessing Area5's video in EGMi. It wouldn't load in either IE or Firefox, but the rest of EGMi was working. Anyone else have issues?

To follow up, it's working fine now

bozeman

Thanks to whoever posted that they picked up this and the first issue of Gamefan at Barnes 7 Noble. Just went there and picked up both myself, although $13 for 2 magazines seems like a lot. If either are any good, I may subscribe.

DannyCool

Seriously, if that little small low-resolution window is the only possibilty too view the new EGM show, im unsubscribing. Thats just sad.

ScOULaris

They may or may not change that in the future, but do you really plan on unsubscribing just because of that one little nitpick? It's the first issue of EGMi, man. Isn't the quality of the magazine enough to keep your support?

DannyCool

ScOULaris said:
They may or may not change that in the future, but do you really plan on unsubscribing just because of that one little nitpick? It's the first issue of EGMi, man. Isn't the quality of the magazine enough to keep your support?

Yupp, its not really a nitpick for me. Always been a big 1UP show and Co-op supporter. And i was pleasantly surprised that they were gonna work with EGM again and start up "The EGM Show". But for that to be in a tiny little window with the lowres. Hopefully at least they can make a Itunes feed, because im really disapointed for now.

ScOULaris

So you basically subscribed to the print issues and EGMi mainly for the weekly 5-minute video segment from the Area5 guys? They still do Co-Op in high res, am I right?

JohngPR

Got mine today!

photo-18.jpg

DannyCool

ScOULaris said:
So you basically subscribed to the print issues and EGMi mainly for the weekly 5-minute video segment from the Area5 guys? They still do Co-Op in high res, am I right?

Well, if i understood correctly. They were going to make a new "1up show" like the CO-OP. Not only small segments, but i may be mistaken.

Struct09

ScOULaris said:

You would be wrong. There's only one episode of CO-OP left, and that's it.

Area5 was a big reason why I subscribed to EGMi, hopefully the media player improves over time.

SuperSonic1305 said:
I don't see how getting a few extra tiny features on an already free digital magazine for 1 month is killing anything.
It's an incentive to buy the print version.

Anyone else think that Apple's decision to block the CS5 Flash-to-iPhone compiler might have really messed up EGM's plans for the iPad and iPhone?

JohngPR

So if you have a yearly subscription to the mag with iPass, can you take the monthly ipass code you get in the mag and pass it off to a friend or something?

dest

Neo Member
EGM has landed in Texas. Blue Ryu cover.

I really like the EGMi experience. It's exactly what a internet magazine should be. The copy is very readable and easy on the eyes, with plenty of nice touches. It's a completely different experience than reading a scanned pdf magazine. I hope it catches on.

I'd like to see them do away with the age verification boxes for the embedded videos, that seems a tad unnecessary.

Quasar

Mr. Wonderful said:
Anyone else think that Apple's decision to block the CS5 Flash-to-iPhone compiler might have really messed up EGM's plans for the iPad and iPhone?

An interesting question. Though really I'd hope that folks weren't surprised by that given the hate-on Jobs has for Adobe and Flash.

Top Bottom