• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eighth grade teacher 'caught in bed having sex with student, 15, by 12 y-o brother'

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

I feel bad for the little brother; gonna get the shit kicked out of him by the older one forever :x

Nizz

I've asked before but seriously, it seems like there's a thread a week about some teacher having sex with underage students. What the hell is going on?

Stet

Banned
How do you feel about this:

Isn't that just a side effect of her awful decision? She should have known not only that what she was doing was illegal but also that she could be caught and that it would have devastating consequences for both herself and for the kid. It's not the law's fault that the law's been broken, and frankly I don't see what the alternative is.

33kg2ok.gif

It doesn't matter. Would they feel the same if it happened to a young girl? She should have known better. Like he said, these laws are in place for a reason, even if this was an "exception" from a consent standpoint.

Sure, I'm not defending the assaulter, but I'm also not defending the victim. I believe that both parties are to blame in this situation which is a shame.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
My god. This poor victim. He'll definitely never recover from this.

The stupidity in this post knows no bounds.

The most annoying thing about these threads is how some people seem to role-play them and put themselves in the place of the kid. Helped by Computer's photos of the teacher and all the stupid niiiice comments.

Safe to say that if the kid told the police he loved her, that he wasn't equipped (surprise) to deal with it. And why a teacher in a position of trust and responsibility has failed in that regard. It's why the law is there.

I love the double standard when it comes to stuff like this. If the teacher had been a guy, I'm sure the responses would be completely different. If a man sleeps with a minor he's a paedophiliac animal, but if it's chick, she's doing the victim a favor...

Pedophiles don't go after 15 year-olds

She's performed sexual acts with a 15 year old now, that's one line crossed, who says she won't go for a 12 year old, or even younger the next time? Abuse is abuse, whether it's done by a man or a woman. She has a problem and she should no longer be allowed to teach in schools.

Because, believe it or not, there's a canyon between 12 and 15. You may as well say "She fucked a 17 year old? Who's to say she won't fuck a 15 year old? And then a 12 year old?" At 15, you're typically a sophomore in high school who may be sexually active already. You're not a 10 year old who's being willfully manipulated out of a sense of obligation to the demands of an authority figure.

She should be fired. And I won't cry if she's jailed for a little while, but c'mon. I just can't get that upset about this. And I'd feel the exact same way if it was a 28 year-old man and a 15 year old girl.

I've asked before but seriously, it seems like there's a thread a week about some teacher having sex with underage students. What the hell is going on?

Computer

The stupidity in this post knows no bounds.

The most annoying thing about these threads is how some people seem to role-play them and put themselves in the place of the kid. Helped by Computer's photos of the teacher and all the stupid niiiice comments.

Another annoying set of responses is the overly-histrionic "Oh, think of the children!" responses that ignore the fact that at 15, you still have a sense of agency, independence, & cognitive understanding.

Safe to say that if the kid told the police he loved her, that he wasn't equipped (surprise) to deal with it. And why a teacher in a position of trust and responsibility has failed in that regard. It's why the law is there.

There are adults who are just as misguided when it comes to how they define love.

Kapura

Banned
I love the double standard when it comes to stuff like this. If the teacher had been a guy, I'm sure the responses would be completely different. If a man sleeps with a minor he's a paedophiliac animal, but if it's chick, she's doing the victim a favor...

She's performed sexual acts with a 15 year old now, that's one line crossed, who says she won't go for a 12 year old, or even younger the next time? Abuse is abuse, whether it's done by a man or a woman. She has a problem and she should no longer be allowed to teach in schools.

I think, in general, fifteen is old enough to consent. I bet like nearly a million percent of all fifteen year old boys with passable-looking 20-something year old teachers have flogged the dolphin thinking about her at least once. Twelve is silly though; you're just discovering boners then, you don't know what to do with them yet.

It doesn't matter. Would they feel the same if it happened to a young girl? She should have known better. Like he said, these laws are in place for a reason, even if this was an "exception" from a consent standpoint.
Isn't that just a side effect of her awful decision? She should have known not only that what she was doing was illegal but also that she could be caught and that it would have devastating consequences for both herself and for the kid. It's not the law's fault that the law's been broken, and frankly I don't see what the alternative is.
If the law does significantly more damage to the victim than the crime, is it a good law?

Disclaimer: I don't have a very strong opinion on this, and am genuinely interested in your thoughts.

Lothar

Banned

This is because of the pretty well known fact that nearly every 15 year old boy (someone who should be a junior in high school) desires nothing but sex. Every guy knows this. For this reason, most guys do in fact think "Nice..." when they hear a story of a 15 year old getting some.

I love it when people pretend to be puzzled over the double standard and think they're saying something mind blowing when they point it out.

Stet

Banned
If the law does significantly more damage to the victim than the crime, is it a good law?

Disclaimer: I don't have a very strong opinion on this, and am genuinely interested in your thoughts.

I don't think the law is what's doing the damage. That's like saying that adult rape victims shouldn't report the crime because it'll drag it out into the public eye, possibly causing more issues for them in the future.

RDreamer

Right, I know that. That's why I said I was torn. Logically these laws have to be in place to stop this stuff from happening, and most cases are probably horrible in how they affect the younger victim. She should have known better, and she shouldn't have done this, consent or not. She knew the consequences, so she should definitely get some.

That is a good point that I didn't think of. And I'm not sure what the alternative is, either. The only "alternative" is that we do need to stop thinking so much in black and white about some of these laws. There is a lot of grey area there, even if some people don't want to acknowledge it (stuff like a 20 year old and a 17 year old for instance).

Then again with all the "nice" comments and stuff I suppose we probably have too much gray area in the case of the female being the older participant as opposed to the male being the older one, which is insanely black and white almost no matter the circumstances.

Anyway, overall I was just musing about myself in that situation, and I know if I had participated in something that essentially ruined someone else's life, it'd affect me profoundly. And that's saying something since I wasn't some horny 15 year old that wanted to bang anything that moved. I waited until I was 20. I think putting someone in prison for a long time for my actions would have affected me far worse than having sex when I wasn't ready to. I think we definitely should take those affects into account when assessing the crime. Again, not saying she should get off or anything remotely like that. Definitely not swing that. Just that we take that into account.

Orayn

This is because of the pretty well known fact that nearly every 15 year old boy (someone who should be a junior in high school) desires nothing but sex. Every guy knows this. For this reason, most guys do in fact think "Nice..." when they hear a story of a 15 year old getting some.

I love it when people pretend to be puzzled over the double standard and think they're saying something mind blowing when they point it out.

So what do you propose? Lower age of consent for males?

Because teenage hormonal girls don't also want sex?

Just because they want it does not make it ok for it to be supplied by someone significantly their senior and in a position to emotionally manipulate them.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Why are grown women fucking children and not us?

Again

This may come as a surprise, but there are many 15 year old girls who want to have sex, does the same logic apply for them?

Pedophiles don't go after 15 year-olds

But men sleeping with 15 year olds tend to get called pedophiles, women however, well just read this thread...

Because, believe it or not, there's a canyon between 12 and 15. You may as well say "She fucked a 17 year old? Who's to say she won't fuck a 15 year old? And then a 12 year old?" At 15, you're typically a sophomore in high school who may be sexually active already. You're not a 10 year old who's being willfully manipulated out of a sense of obligation to the demands of an authority figure.

She should be fired. And I won't cry if she's jailed for a little while, but c'mon. I just can't get that upset about this. And I'd feel the exact same way if it was a 28 year-old man and a 15 year old girl.

Just like there's a difference between 12 and 15, for me there's one between 17/18 and 15, the line needs to be drawn somewhere. And we don't know whether she manipulated her student or not.

Satch

Banned

i know it's probably hard to believe but teenage girls want to have sex too

shocking i know

marrec

Banned
I think, in general, fifteen is old enough to consent. I bet like nearly a million percent of all fifteen year old boys with passable-looking 20-something year old teachers have flogged the dolphin thinking about her at least once. Twelve is silly though; you're just discovering boners then, you don't know what to do with them yet.

The problem is that at 15 your body may be perfectly ready but mentally you should not be making these kinds of decisions. Especially concerning an authority figure like a teacher. I'm not going to encourage my son to have sex at 15 (I know he's likely to be sexually active by then if not soon after) because the amount of mental changes between 15, 16, and 17 are enormous.

I really hope the teacher gets some Jail time.

The 15 y/o will likely be fine, but his sexual development may be completely screwed (no pun intended) by this sexually deviant 28 year old teacher.

bengraven

Rape is rape, regardless of the sex.

If sex with any minor under a certain age is considered "rape" then it's rape. Such as in this case.

Just like there's a difference between 12 and 15, for me there's one between 17/18 and 15, the line needs to be drawn somewhere. And we don't know whether she manipulated her student or not.

Well, I definitely think she should be fired and even jailed for a time. But I think while there's a difference between 17/18 and 15, it's not so great that her sentence should be crippling. It should be enough that she knows best to avoid fucking someone that young, but not so much that it significantly reduces her ability to be an integrated member of society.

And I'm sure she manipulated him in some way, but again, this isn't something that's exclusive to this dynamic. Girls and guys often use sex as a tool well into adulthood. The question is whether the victim feels as if he was truly harmed by the act once he's reached an age where he can properly reflect on it. And I absolutely understand that I'm projecting when I say this, but my guess is that his answer will be "no."

Angry Fork

So what do you propose? Lower age of consent for males?

What if you have some kind of contract thing where the boy signs it and says he wants the sex etc. bla bla. But I guess the debate would remain the same on whether a 15 year old is mentally capable of signing it without issue.

You have to admit most 15 year old boys would be fine with this though. I don't know why it's different for girls or if the majority of girls have the same feelings at that age towards male teachers, but it's worth discussing I think.

Elginer

Again

This. Makes me want to shave and go back to school to pass for a High Schooler. I'd be knee deep in teacher ass. Or a least that's what the media is telling me.

I don't think the law is what's doing the damage. That's like saying that adult rape victims shouldn't report the crime because it'll drag it out into the public eye, possibly causing more issues for them in the future.
Fair enough. That doesn't seem like an accurate comparison, but I get your point.

ChuyMasta

Coming from the "Everything will be fine as long as I don't get caught mentality"

12 yo boy: Why did he rat out?
15 yo boy: Lock your doors you idiot. What did you do when you saw your brother? Did nothing trigger your brain to talk to him about "keeping it a secret." Who else mentioned your crush with the teacher?
28 yo girl: You are a lost cause. Why not find out who was in the house? Ugh, you are the stupidest of the bunch.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Rape is rape, regardless of the sex.

If sex with any minor under a certain age is considered "rape" then it's rape. Such as in this case.
It's "statutory rape".

If you think having consenting sex with someone under the age of consent is equal to forcing a kid to have sex... there's something wrong with you.

Satch

Banned
What if you have some kind of contract thing where the boy signs it and says he wants the sex etc. bla bla. But I guess the debate would remain the same on whether a 15 year old is mentally capable of signing it without issue.

You have to admit most 15 year old boys would be fine with this though. I don't know why it's different for girls or if the majority of girls have the same feelings at that age towards male teachers, but it's worth discussing I think.

it's "different for girls" because people are caught up in the double standard and believe that girls don't want to have sex

that is false

also slut-shaming, patriarchy etc etc etc

marrec

Banned
It's "statutory rape".

If you think having consenting sex with someone under the age of consent is equal to forcing a kid to have sex... there's something wrong with you.

Oooh, so you're one of those people who think there's 'Rape' then theres 'Rape, Rape'.

15 years old is certainly an acceptable age to make a conscious decision and have free will. He is the one that invited her over and he obviously wanted to smang that shit. She is definitely in the wrong for going through with it, but it is not rape.

Oh, these posts. So original. There's no fucking double standard. There's some MAJOR physical differences between a guy raping a girl and a girl 'raping' a guy. Yes, what she did is abhorrent, completely wrong, despicable, and her teaching license should be revoked. But I'm willing to equate the 1 situations 1:1 by saying they're COMPLETELY IDENTICAL for the sake of political correctness. They're not. They're both horrible. But one IS worse than the other, relatively speaking, and anyone who is honest with themselves should be able to admit this. And if this was consensual, even more so.

Satch

Banned
15 years old is certainly an acceptable age to make a conscious decision and have free will. He is the one that invited her over and he obviously wanted to smang that shit. She is definitely in the wrong for going through with it, but it is not rape.

yes it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom