• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eighth grade teacher 'caught in bed having sex with student, 15, by 12 y-o brother'

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you're an idiot who doesn't read posts is what you're saying?

From the post you responded to:
"That's horrible that's the way it is but the 15 year old guy is still in no way a victim."

Me: Society's standards are wrong but it doesn't change the fact that the 15 year old guy is not a victim.
You: Society's standards are wrong.
Me: You're not really worth my time, are you?

You wrote a whole post to say something was wrong then agreed with that which you just said was wrong? What?You wrote a whole post to say something was wrong then agreed with that which you just said was wrong? What?

Also, unless you know the details of the case, which you don't, it's safe to assume that the teacher used her position and authority to emotionally manipulate him, the talk of love exemplifys that. Thus he is a victim.

CSX

Is it sad to read about a local news incident from a UK news site?

Guess this will be popping up on the evening news

She replied 'Hola,' according to the boy, who remembered her voice as that of 'Mrs. Murray, a Memorial Middle School Language Arts teacher.'

No fucking way a 12-year old pronounced all that from its own mere memory.

I don't buy that the kids didn't just make this up because they know any adult is going to be utterly destroyed, regardless of guilt, anyway. The article sure as hell doesn't mention any convincing evidence.

"but my kid said.."
Yeah, and they also believe that aliens crashed in Roswell if that's all you told them. A fifteen year old is more than capable of using younger children for its own purposes.

I'm also not particularly offended by the idea of a teenage boy having sex with a (slightly? It's hard to tell her age, but she looks early twenties) older woman. Ultimately, the problem will always be skewed for gender, since men don't get pregnant. And do tend to have active sex lives around that age.
That doesn't make it right, but I always feel that there is a massive power difference in these things between the sexes. Both in physical and judicial sense.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
ZwrY3.jpg

What's outrageous is that a middle school is able to afford imacs and my school doesn't go past IE6.

as i said on the first page its fucking awesome to see what my property taxes are going to. Unless they were a donation, thats bullshit cause apple's education discount is a joke.

Negative effects being highly unlikely. What do you base this thought on?
Logic, I guess? If you wrap it up, don't mistake the situation for true love, and don't take advantage of it to get grades without doing the work, then it seems fairly safe. You just have to worry about the condom breaking, the teacher being a nutcase, etc.

So the woman said "Hola" to the little boy when he walked in? lololololol, she seems pretty fucked in the head ( as if molesting a boy half her age wasn't weird enough ). But that wouldn't have stopped me from smashing if I was in the 15 year old's shoes.

I see nothing wrong with this. Would not see anything wrong with this if genders were switched. 15 is old enough. It's probably an abuse of authority on some level, but hardly "molestation".

Lothar

Banned
You wrote a whole post to say something was wrong then agreed with that which you just said was wrong? What?You wrote a whole post to say something was wrong then agreed with that which you just said was wrong? What?

I made a whole post to say the 15 year old boy is not a victim. That is definitely not wrong. A 15 year old girl in the same situation would be a victim because of the way society bullies girls about sex. That is wrong.

I don't know where you're getting confused.

Also, unless you know the details of the case, which you don't, it's safe to assume that the teacher used her position and authority to emotionally manipulate him, the talk of love exemplifys that. Thus he is a victim.

He was emotionally manipulated into probably the best experience in his young life and something he'll brag about until the day he dies. Again, we're not talking about a little kid here. We're talking about someone who should be a junior in high school.

Think back to when you were in 11th grade. Can you even imagine a boy in your grade turning down sex or regretting it afterwards? I can't.

The only time in my life I'm seen a 15+ year old man regret having sex was if he got a girl pregnant or if he was caught cheating.

Stet

Banned
I made a whole post to say the 15 year old boy is not a victim. That is definitely not wrong. A 15 year old girl in the same situation would be a victim because of the way society bullies girls about sex. That is wrong.

I don't know where you're getting confused.

He was emotionally manipulated into probably the best experience in his young life and something he'll brag about until the day he dies. Again, we're not talking about a little kid here. We're talking about someone who should be a junior in high school.

Think back to when you were in 11th grade. Can you even imagine a boy in your grade turning down sex or regretting it afterwards? I can't.

The only time in my life I'm seen a 15+ year old man regret having sex was if he got a girl pregnant or if he was caught cheating.

Regret isn't the only negative feeling that exists, it's just the most overt.

So you're an idiot who doesn't read posts is what you're saying?

From the post you responded to:
"That's horrible that's the way it is but the 15 year old guy is still in no way a victim."

Me: Society's standards are wrong but it doesn't change the fact that the 15 year old guy is not a victim.
You: Society's standards are wrong.
Me: You're not really worth my time, are you?

damn, today's juniors are bolder and bolder. I didn't call someone an idiot until I had like five, six years of GAF posting time, and I've been here more than ten!

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I love the double standard when it comes to stuff like this. If the teacher had been a guy, I'm sure the responses would be completely different. If a man sleeps with a minor he's a paedophiliac animal, but if it's chick, she's doing the victim a favor...

She's performed sexual acts with a 15 year old now, that's one line crossed, who says she won't go for a 12 year old, or even younger the next time? Abuse is abuse, whether it's done by a man or a woman. She has a problem and she should no longer be allowed to teach in schools.
That's because guys are traditionally viewed as the sexual aggressor. And there's nothing here that indicates otherwise, despite the age difference. She's as dumb as a bag of rocks and she shouldn't be allowed within 1000ft of a school but the teen saw an opportunity and he took it. I still think she's the biggest loser in all this.

Stet

Banned
That's because guys are traditionally viewed as the sexual aggressor. And there's nothing here that indicates otherwise, despite the age difference. She's as dumb as a bag of rocks and she shouldn't be allowed within 1000ft of a school but the teen saw an opportunity and he took it. I still think she's the biggest loser in all this.

How is there nothing that indicates otherwise? I don't understand. "Are traditionally viewed as" doesn't mean "are."

RDreamer

Even if he did want it, he's going to regret it now, unless he's pretty heartless. I'd definitely regret doing something that absolutely ruined someone else's life.

Lothar

Banned
Even if he did want it, he's going to regret it now, unless he's pretty heartless. I'd definitely regret doing something that absolutely ruined someone else's life.

Well yeah, now, only because of the stupidity of the law here. She's the real victim. I'm sure he feels sorry for her.

RDreamer

Well yeah, now, only because of the stupidity of the law here. She's the real victim. I'm sure he feels sorry for her.

I wouldn't go that far. Personally while I think that the law is kind of funky, and needs to be far less a line in the sand and far more a nuanced look at the situation, I cannot approve of teacher/student relationships. At the very least she should lose her job. It's far too much of a responsibility and conflict of interest to have a relationship with a student.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
How is there nothing that indicates otherwise? I don't understand. "Are traditionally viewed as" doesn't mean "are."
He invited her over to his bed when the folks weren't home. I'm gonna guess that he's not completely naive. She might not even have been his first. But the topic is icky and people are going to latch on to anything that lets them believe that boys that age don't typically think or act that way.

I mean, I didn't act like that back then but my middle school made Jersey Shore look like a monastery. People feel better not knowing.

Stet

Banned
He invited her over to his bed when the folks weren't home. I'm gonna guess that he's not completely naive. She might not even have been his first. But the topic is icky and people are going to latch on to anything that lets them believe that boys that age don't typically think or act that way.

I mean, I didn't act like that back then but my middle school made Jersey Shore look like a monastery. It's better not to know.

"She invited him over to her bed when the folks weren't home. I'm gonna guess that she's not completely naive. He might not even have been his first."

Weird how different that sounds. Could be a legal defense.

RDreamer

I mean, I didn't act like that back then but my middle school made Jersey Shore look like a monastery. People feel better not knowing.

You're extracting a bit more information than is actually there. There are ways of someone underage being manipulated into this sort of thing. Her coming into his house does not indicate much at all.

Alrix

I see nothing wrong with this. Would not see anything wrong with this if genders were switched. 15 is old enough. It's probably an abuse of authority on some level, but hardly "molestation".

It depends on the age of consent. I don't think any states have 15 as their age of consent, but I know at least a few are 16. In which case it would just be an abuse of power or whatever, but since the kid is under the age, it's statutory rape.

I don't see anything wrong with this. She should be fired regardless of age because teachers can't be sleeping with students or co-workers. But, she shouldn't be labeled a sick monster for having sexual relations with a 15 year old boy. Yes, he isn't an adult, who cares? I know plenty of stupid legal college girls who get manipulated into having sex with older men or other men. Yet a teenager who does is a poor victim who had his life ruined, and the adult is a sick monster preying on kids.

makes no sense. let kids have sex with who they want.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
You're extracting a bit more information than is actually there. There are ways of someone underage being manipulated into this sort of thing. Her coming into his house does not indicate much at all.
Well, the plan does seem like it was hatched from the mind of a 15 year old, so it's pretty much a toss-up. But it's really all moot because she's the one facing time and a ruined reputation, not him. The law doesn't care about who seduced who here.

On the other hand, if the girl was his age instead of 13 years his senior we all would have assumed that he was the manipulator, but that wouldn't necessarily have been true either. I guess that's the double standard.

Shaka

I don't see anything wrong with this. She should be fired regardless of age because teachers can't be sleeping with students or co-workers. But, she shouldn't be labeled a sick monster for having sexual relations with a 15 year old boy. Yes, he isn't an adult, who cares? I know plenty of stupid legal college girls who get manipulated into having sex with older men or other men. Yet a teenager who does is a poor victim who had his life ruined, and the adult is a sick monster preying on kids.

makes no sense. let kids have sex with who they want.

Haha that sounds funny.

That woman was an authority figure who preyed on adolescent with raging hormones. I wouldnt be surprised if the kid turns out having serious trust issues. maybe he'll fine, but who knows. it's a roll of the dice. I dont get the dudes implying this should be a notch on the kid's belt, like you're inside this kid's head and know mental condition. fuck off.

This is because of the pretty well known fact that nearly every 15 year old boy (someone who should be a junior in high school) desires nothing but sex. Every guy knows this. For this reason, most guys do in fact think "Nice..." when they hear a story of a 15 year old getting some.

I love it when people pretend to be puzzled over the double standard and think they're saying something mind blowing when they point it out.
and girls of the same age...dont desire sex? and if they do, would you be cool with your 15 year old daughter, niece or whatever having sex with one of her teachers?

ElyrionX

I never understand these stories.
That woman is attractive. Im not saying she's ridiculously hot but she is at least average and im sure there is not a shortage of willing men her own age.

What compels her to risk her job to sleep with a teenage boy?
Is she lonely, teaching hours are too long, doesn't have time to find a 'man' outside work?
Does she simply like younger guys?
Is it really love?
Or is this 15 year old ridiculously good looking? Like maybe if she was fucking men shed be fucking guys that were equally average looking, but once she starts banging teenagers she can score a much better looking individual?....

Wonder how many of us would be banging 'hot' 15 or 16 year olds if we were teachers and our students were willing...
Obviously I wouldn't because its WRONG lol, oh and I wouldn't want to lose my job.

It's the forbidden fruit.

That woman was an authority figure who preyed on adolescent with raging hormones. I wouldnt be surprised if the kid turns out having serious trust issues. maybe he'll fine, but who knows. it's a roll of the dice. I dont get the dudes implying this should be a notch on the kid's belt, like you're inside this kid's head and know mental condition. fuck off.

," said the pot to its audience of kettles.

and girls of the same age...dont desire sex? and if they do, would you be cool with your 15 year old daughter, niece or whatever having sex with one of her teachers?

Alright, now I need to know - when do guys hit their peak of sexual desire?

We need to do some comparisons here.

some poster's earlier rant against equating the seriousness and trauma of a man raping a woman versus a woman raping a man made me think of that fuck awful scene from Antwone Fisher (which was based on a true story) where the kid is coerced into performing oral sex on his psycho bitch foster sister.
obviously an extreme scenario and statistically,probably much less common then men raping women, but you better believe it happens and isnt something to be scoffed at.

LordCanti

What happened to people climbing up trellises and entering a residence for sex unannounced? If this story is true, did this teacher really think there was any chance of not getting caught? "Hi younger brother of the student I'm fucking! Could you...not tell anyone about this kthxbai?"

I'm always a "would have done" in threads like this. I'd have completely understood why they had to toss her in jail, but I'd still have done it. Maybe I'd have had the strength to go "No, we probably shouldn't, since it would ruin your career", but my raging libido would probably have overrode the more sensible parts of my brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom