• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elite Dangerous: Horizons |OT| Just scratching the surface

Megasoum

Banned
Does the Li Yong-Rui discount applies to modules too or just for the ships?

Anybody has the price for a decked out Anaconda after discounts?

lordxar

Does the Li Yong-Rui discount applies to modules too or just for the ships?

Anybody has the price for a decked out Anaconda after discounts?

I believe his discounts do apply to modules. One thing to consider is upgrades over time. Like for my Python I bought it and set it up as a hauler...fuck the t7 lol. Figured I'd ride it out as a hauler and outfit it as I could for fighting. Then I put some budget parts in to fight with and upgraded as I could. What I found was all A parts was very expensive and many times lesser parts have been fine. My philosophy is I'd rather cruise around in my Python than suffer in some shitty Asp or T7. Now, nothing wrong with those ships but I wanted my Python and wasnt happy with anything else. In fact I should buy a second and outfit one for battle and one for hauling. Swapping parts enmasse sucks balls. But that's beside the point. What I'm getting at is get the conda and upgrade as you can but keep insurance money lol...

Megasoum

Banned
I believe his discounts do apply to modules. One thing to consider is upgrades over time. Like for my Python I bought it and set it up as a hauler...fuck the t7 lol. Figured I'd ride it out as a hauler and outfit it as I could for fighting. Then I put some budget parts in to fight with and upgraded as I could. What I found was all A parts was very expensive and many times lesser parts have been fine. My philosophy is I'd rather cruise around in my Python than suffer in some shitty Asp or T7. Now, nothing wrong with those ships but I wanted my Python and wasnt happy with anything else. In fact I should buy a second and outfit one for battle and one for hauling. Swapping parts enmasse sucks balls. But that's beside the point. What I'm getting at is get the conda and upgrade as you can but keep insurance money lol...

Yeah good point... That's what I was going for with the T9 actually since I was short 10mil or so compared to what my trading guide was telling me it was gonna cost...

I ended up getting the T9, fully equipped with 30mil to spare in my bank account lol. Gotta love those discounts!

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
Tempted to pick up an Imperial Eagle while I do missions for Imperial rep. Maybe do something silly like chuck a bunch of rocket launchers on it.

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
Kitting out an Eagle and then canyon flying is tons of fun.

I've not really done any surface missions up to this point, that sounds fun.

Just replaced one of the multicannons on my Killbork with a torpedo pylon. They're 15k a pop and slow, but they do a decent chunk of damage and more importantly, I can yell

to33r_syxajybpzacu3tydrzj8.gif

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Why did no one tell me about the boost sound on the Viper MKIV?

BWWWAAOWM

So fucking badass. I feel like a real police cop in this thing.

Hambone

Yeah... I'm starting to regret the T-9 purchase... I should have waited to get like 30mil more to go straight to the Anaconda... Sigh

Yup. I had buyers remorse for the T-9 as well, but tried to make the most of it before selling it. I absolutely love the look of the "space cow", and the stunning view from the bridge of the ship in VR. I've never felt more like a space trucker than when finding some good trade routes, loading her up, and piloting this beast to the destination.while playing music or podcasts. But you certainly don't have to take my word for it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgfekhHTwvs (not my video)

With that being said, the benefits of the Anaconda completely outweigh the slightly higher cargo capacity of the T-9, that it makes no sense at all to use the T-9. If Frontier can patch in some "cargo only" module slots, to make it the real king of budget hauling, I would buy it again in a heartbeat.

Yup. I had buyers remorse for the T-9 as well, but tried to make the most of it before selling it. I absolutely love the look of the "space cow", and the stunning view from the bridge of the ship in VR. I've never felt more like a space trucker than when finding some good trade routes, loading her up, and piloting this beast to the destination.while playing music or podcasts. But you certainly don't have to take my word for it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgfekhHTwvs (not my video)

With that being said, the benefits of the Anaconda completely outweigh the slightly higher cargo capacity of the T-9, that it makes no sense at all to use the T-9. If Frontier can patch in some "cargo only" module slots, to make it the real king of budget hauling, I would buy it again in a heartbeat.

This one is even better, lol.

vector824

Yeah... I'm starting to regret the T-9 purchase... I should have waited to get like 30mil more to go straight to the Anaconda... Sigh

I bought one... once. Wanted to try cargo running with a fighter bay for fun. I flew it two jumps, said "screw this" and sold that junk. Sucker turns slower than my grandmother.

Widge

Why did no one tell me about the boost sound on the Viper MKIV?

BWWWAAOWM

So fucking badass. I feel like a real police cop in this thing.

Yeaaah, I keep thinking about getting one of these for combat. Always loved the Vipers in the original game. Bad-ass triangles of lasers.

2.4 "The Return" beta starts 8/17:

Greetings Commanders,

We’re very excited to announce that the beta for 2.4 Elite Dangerous: The Return will begin on August 17. As 2.4 will roll out in a slightly different way to our previous updates, the same will be the case for the beta.

The initial beta period will be open for those who have previously paid for beta access, it will then close for a few days to let us prepare for Open Beta, and then it will come back online for everyone to test. We’ll have full instructions on what we need testing in our beta specific forums, but just like the beta for 2.3.10 and as with previous updates, Thargoid specific content will remain a surprise and will not be present in the beta.

We will still need everyone's help in making sure that bug fixes, general improvements and more under the hood updates are tested thoroughly though.

If you do help us out by jumping in to test we’ll give you a unique tester’s decal (we'll share details of the decal on our social media channels) to use on your ships in the main game. These decals will be made available at a later date, and we’ll have more instructions on how you can get your hands on yours when the beta change list goes live on August 17.

Previously we’ve held livestreams on the run up to our releases, featuring details all about the features in the update. However, due to the nature of this update we wouldn't want to spoil the narrative or interactions that the community will have so we won't be broadcasting these reveal streams in the build up to the upcoming beta for 2.4. We’ll still keep things going with small sneak peeks here and there, but largely we really want you to discover 2.4’s secrets for yourself. After release, we’ll be hosting streams that focus on the narrative, explaining what our Commanders are discovering, explaining how you can get involved and hinting at things to come.

Although you won’t see them in the beta, from day one after 2.4’s final release the Thargoids will make their return. We can’t wait to see your interactions with the most mysterious and terrifying things you'll have seen in the Elite Dangerous galaxy to date. The dev team have put a lot of love in to 2.4 and we can’t wait to share that hard work with you.

Also check this sweet Sol planets bobblehead pack: https://www.frontierstore.net/usd//...s-game-extras/sol-planet-bobblehead-pack.html

highresscreenshot_2017-08-03_15-32-29.jpg

I finally finished engineering my Anaconda and took it to the CG conflict zone. It's far from perfect on the engineer rolls, but it's ludicrously powerful.
Thermal biweave shields and a mix of heavy and resistance boosters make it very tough. It could be a lot tougher if I wasn't trying to keep the weight down for a good jump range.

Of course, I'll probably get jumped by a capital ship tonight and die horribly.

Megasoum

Banned
So I want to start unlocking the engineers....

What is the easiest way to increase the Explorer rank to unlock Felicity Farseer? My progress bar is halfway through right now.

Jedi2016

I got lucky with Farseer... I was out in the black when Engineers dropped, and by the time I got back, I had enough exploration data to cap out her and every other Engineer that keys on exploration, with who knows how many millions left over.

Megasoum

Banned
Ah crap looks like the "Visited" flag cookie doesn'T work on phone? My page just refreshed and I lost all the data...

Oh well... I still made 20 milions last night and unlocked two engineers so that was worth it

Got my steam controller set up and did some missions today. It feels easier to make money from missions than in the past.

Made 600k Cr and upgraded my sidewinder and bought a Cobra.

Just trying out the auto dock computer on the cobra now and it's pretty nice. I might keep it on my ship and be lazy.

Burny

Has anybody collected chemical manipulators recently? There's an abandoned mining outpost called "Dav's Hope", which is said to spawn them. But that's from post update 2.2, while I've now had no luck trying to find them there in 2.3.11.

What's the current go-to method to collect chemical manipulators?

vector824

Got my steam controller set up and did some missions today. It feels easier to make money from missions than in the past.

Made 600k Cr and upgraded my sidewinder and bought a Cobra.

Just trying out the auto dock computer on the cobra now and it's pretty nice. I might keep it on my ship and be lazy.

Well at least you admit it. :p I love my Cobra MkIII. My brother just recently upgraded to one and it's a blast flying together in a wing taking down Condas.

HunRevan

I just bought the game. Tried out multicrew and I left. Now I cant play open play. It brings up accept or decline rewards but nothing happens when i click them. Any help?

Megasoum

Banned
So I finally talked to my first engineer last night and I'm super confused right now lol.

I get that it's a RNG thing where you have to spend mats to get a new roll.

I get that blue + are good and red - are bad but all those stats don't seem to mean shit.

Why can't you just give me a before and after number on my FSD range?

Has anybody collected chemical manipulators recently? There's an abandoned mining outpost called "Dav's Hope", which is said to spawn them. But that's from post update 2.2, while I've now had no luck trying to find them there in 2.3.11.

What's the current go-to method to collect chemical manipulators?

They spawned at Dav's for me, but that was probably 2.3.9. They are quite rare. Probably one drop from every 3 or 4 circuits of the base.

I found a few last week at an anarchy famine distribution centre. The Type 9s drop them on death. I got 3 drops from killing about 10 Type 9s.

I picked this up during the Steam sale, because I wanted a new VR game. Haven't been able to dedicate a lot of time to it, but what I have played has been incredible. Wound up buying a HOTAS, which just took it to the next level. Currently have an upgraded Eagle, running assassination missions. Sitting on 5 million credits, and don't really know what I want to do. I enjoy the combat, but I enjoy system jumping and transport about the same. I just know I want an SRV to run some ground missions.

Kyoufu

So I finally talked to my first engineer last night and I'm super confused right now lol.

I get that blue + are good and red - are bad but all those stats don't seem to mean shit.

We're talking about Elite: Dangerous here. Nothing is as simple as it should be.

Burny

They spawned at Dav's for me, but that was probably 2.3.9. They are quite rare. Probably one drop from every 3 or 4 circuits of the base.

I found a few last week at an anarchy famine distribution centre. The Type 9s drop them on death. I got 3 drops from killing about 10 Type 9s.

Thanks. It took between 10 and 15 re-logs until they appeared the first time for me.

Now, it appears that somewhere between 2.3 and the following updates, some horrendous micro stutter has been introduced with certain hardware setups. I'm using a GTX 970 and in irregular intervals the game simply does not render a number of frames. As a result, the ship/SRV appears to "teleport" around. *Ugh*

Is it only me or has Elite been prone to a lot of these types of issues? I remember after one of their vanilla updates, AMD cards experienced horrendous framerate drops in supercruise. Lasted for months and was seemingly fixed by means of a driver update by AMD. Still, the micro stutter is something I remember hearing about before, too... >.<

lordxar

Try for better optimal mass. I just started tinkering with that recently too and from what I read on some forum that seems to get the best jump. You can also go to your right screen after each change and see what it did for jump range. Can also remove it all and start over. You do want to apply rolls to build rank or levels or whatever. I'm just messing around with it right now to get a feel for it.

Top Bottom