• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emulated PS2 Games on PSN INCLUDING GOD HAND, GRIM GRIMOIRE, More...

Takao

Banned
Dunno if this warrants a new thread so I'm posting here. PS2 Classics are finally hitting Japan. Starting July 25 these will be available to play on PS3:

Resident Evil Code: Veronica (Capcom): ¥1,200
Kessen (Tecmo Koei): ¥1,500
Shin Contra (aka "Contra: Shattered Soldier," Konami): ¥1,200
Dragon Force (Sega): ¥800
Siren (Sony): ¥1,200

Future games include:

Dead or Alive 2 Hard Core (Tecmo Koei): ¥1,500
Castlevania (Konami): ¥1,200
Dynamite Dekka (aka Die-Hard Arcade, Sega): ¥800
Gunstar Heroes Treasure Box (Sega): ¥800
Dark Cloud (Sony): ¥1,200

AndriaSang

Eusis

I hope this rejuvenates it in the US.

Then again, SCEA and/or publishers here have kind of been awful there generally. :/

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Wonder why they're publishing CVX again when it's on PSN as a PS3 title. Then again it'll be cheaper but without the trophies.

Jawmuncher

Dunno if this warrants a new thread so I'm posting here. PS2 Classics are finally hitting Japan. Starting July 25 these will be available to play on PS3:

Shin Contra (aka "Contra: Shattered Soldier," Konami): ¥1,200 Dragon Force (Sega): ¥800

Future games include:

Dark Cloud (Sony): ¥1,200AndriaSang

OOOH both of those games are pretty awesome.
Hopefully those come to the US (If they haven't already)

Though like it's been said, i'd mainly be interested in this if they decided to make these compatible on vita. That would be a HUGE selling point for me.

Mikhal

Shin Contra (aka "Contra: Shattered Soldier," Konami): ¥1,200

Future games include:

Dark Cloud (Sony): ¥1,200

AndriaSang

OH MY GOD! Do these Japanese PS2 Classic work if I get a JP PSN card/account and buy it on my American PS3 or is there some sort of region lock for PS2 games?!

Chemo

Horrible lineup for Japan. RECVX and Siren, really? You can already get both of those games on the PSN in much more attractive ways.

AndriaSang

Brings this to the US FFS.... :) I'll pay up to $39.99 for this game, even though I own it on my Sega Saturn, I'm curious to see the new story, extra battles, etc....

Next up: Nights into Dreams PS2 remix (US) - Best import ever, way better then the Wii sequal

A guy can dream, right?

Eusis

Horrible lineup for Japan. RECVX and Siren, really? You can already get both of those games on the PSN in much more attractive ways.
While RE:CVX seems more for collecting's sake, Siren on the PSN is a remake. It's just as legitimate as offering, say, Metroid alongside Metroid: Zero Mission (if the latter didn't include the original anyway).

Top Bottom