• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emulated PS2 Games on PSN INCLUDING GOD HAND, GRIM GRIMOIRE, More...

StuBurns

Banned
Thank you kindly, nice to know they haven't given up, or at least aren't willing to tell us they have. I remember we were meant to get them before '11 was done, but alas.

PS2 games are not in Europe, yet. So I think I'll start buying those PS2 games with a US account. The same account that I have on PSP games and future Vita ones. I hope that we'll have those PS2 games on Vita, in a few years, like we got the PS1 ones on PSP.

Zee-Row

Banned
La Pucelle's fighting is annoying since you can't skip the animations or turn them off. The attacks also don't happen on the map like Disgaea, instead the screen changes into a Fire Emblem style battle.

I enjoyed La Pucelle (despite the ridiculous censorship), but I'm not dying to play through it again.

Maybe if it was the enhanced PSP version with a new translation, but that won't be happening. :/

Eusis

I enjoyed La Pucelle (despite the ridiculous censorship), but I'm not dying to play through it again.

Maybe if it was the enhanced PSP version with a new translation, but that won't be happening. :/
It's kind of crazy we're seeing this but not the PSP version really, I guess NISA would've had to relocalize themselves or Mastiff continues to own distribution rights. Well, at least it's not in a limbo of being unable to be re-released ever, even though I found it underwhelming myself.

C_H_T

Grand Theft Auto III & Vice City Coming To PSN As PS2 Classics?

Sony is adding Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City to PlayStation Network as downloadable PS2 Classics in the future. Both games were re-rated by the ESRB as PlayStation 3 games. Gran Theft Auto: San Andreas was not on the list.

Via: Siliconera

Takao

Banned
So much for going after forgotten gems, lol.

I guess someone's gonna have to pay the bills.

Edit: They're also bringing over 3 Spongebob games, bwahahahaha.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Might get Vice City if it's a port of the PC version, allowing for better graphics and custom soundtracks. If it's just the PS2 version I'll pass.

jsnepo

I wish that if they released PS2 classics over PSN, it should enable backward compatibility of those titles. I tried God Hand and it still doesn't work.

RPGCrazied

They really need to start adding jRPG's to this service. Wild Arms, Xenosaga, Dark Cloud, Suikoden, Kingdom Hearts(though that really needs an HD collection), Shadow Hearts, .hack games.... for a start.

DMeisterJ

Banned
They really need to start adding jRPG's to this service. Wild Arms, Xenosaga, Dark Cloud, Suikoden, Kingdom Hearts(though that really needs an HD collection), Shadow Hearts, .hack games.... for a start.

I'd kill for the Xenosaga games as PS2 classics. And Wild Arms.

Merovin

Shadow Hearts deserves and needs a HD collection too! (I can dream can't I?)

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Just wondering, are the physical copies of God Hand, GrimGrimoire, etc. (basically the ones available on the PS2 classics section) playable and don't have any problems on a 60GB PS3?

Drencrom

Why is this taking so long? I would buy it from the us store if it wasn't that it rejects my credit card.

Hurry the eff' up SCEE, I want my dose of God Hand!

Korigama

Just wondering, are the physical copies of God Hand, GrimGrimoire, etc. (basically the ones available on the PS2 classics section) playable and don't have any problems on a 60GB PS3?
I wouldn't know about GrimGrimoire, but I can say that God Hand runs just fine on a 60GB.

Then put them in the import section and say screw it to the non-English speaking parts of Europe. That's a lot better than what we currently have.

the chris

They really need to add the Shin Megami Tensei games, they usually go for anywhere from $20 to $30 over here used and I wouldn't mind paying $10 for a digital version of SMT:Nocturne.

Vicglorious

Neo Member

Oh cool... I didn't know there was an enhanced PSP port of La Pucelle. Not too much of a surprise, seeing as some of the PS2 NIS games have even made it to the PSP in the States (Mana Khemia 1+2 come to mind, as do the PS2 Disgaea's and that recent port of Phantom Brave).

But yeah, you're right. I'd say the only chance we're going to see La Pucelle PSP is on the PSP, but with the Vita about to launch, that's probably a no-go anyway.

On a side note, I wasn't even aware that our version was censored. Too bad, but not really that surprising.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Then put them in the import section and say screw it to the non-English speaking parts of Europe. That's a lot better than what we currently have.

I would seriously love such an approach. For any media. Sure it would be nice to have everything subbed in my language but in no way do I need it to enjoy the product.

hongcha

Sorry to bump an oldish thread. I couldn't find this topic addressed anywhere.

I bought Raiden III (PS2 classic on PSN store), and I'm playing it on my PS3 via HDMI on a 1080p monitor. The PS1 and PC-Engine classics I have look razor-sharp on this monitor, when played through my PS3. No blurriness at all unless I turn on 'smoothing', and even then it's not that bad. However, Raiden III has a clear blurriness/fuzziness to it and I don't understand why. I have smoothing 'off' of course. It reminds me of playing Wii games or PS2 games via component cables on an HD set, so in other words, 480i/480p. Are the other PS2 classics like this?

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy playing the PS2 classics on my PS3, I'm just puzzled as to why they aren't as sharp as the PS1 and PC-Engine classics. Are they outputting at 480p or something?

Top Bottom