• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emulated PS2 Games on PSN INCLUDING GOD HAND, GRIM GRIMOIRE, More...

SolidSnakex said:
The next set of games

Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland – Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland takes the popular series in a whole new direction, offering a deeper and more robust role-playing experience. It might be best described as a ‘Life Simulation’.

Raiden III – Raiden III for PlayStation 2 is a port of the classic arcade shooter, complete with a stage select mode that lets you replay stages once you’ve cleared them. The series has transitioned from its 2D roots to 3D, creating lush environments, devastating explosions and countless enemies, without a drop in frame-rate. Two players can play together to push back the invading forces, just like in the arcade!

Bloodrayne – As the vampiric agent BloodRayne, you’ll travel through the eerie swamps of Louisiana, to Argentina and Germany in this battle-heavy, third-person thriller. The game features non-linear gameplay in more than 40 levels and three massive worlds, the ability to suck blood for health, and to use slow-motion, zoom and aura visions to aid in death dealing. Pull off fantastic acrobatic moves to bend the environment to your will and dispatch enemies with BloodRayne’s blades and kicks for awesome in-your-face combat.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/10/30/the-drop-week-of-october-31st-2011-new-releases/
Raiden III eh? I know a few who would be happy with that!

androvsky

I'm just looking forward to Japan getting PS2 games on PSN. Too bad I probably don't have enough yen left in my account to get one though, I'm down to 600.

KAL2006

Banned
I want to see the following
-Suikoden V
-Blood Will Tell
-Onimusha Dawn of Dreams
-Ar Tonelico 2
-Xenosaga
-Valkyrie Profile 2
-Viewtiful Joe

I would have said Kingdom Hearts, FFXII and etc, but I am sure these high profile games would get HD re-releases like GoW, DMC, MGS and etc.

Roto13

When I moved away from home, I left a lot of my games with my parents. The next time I visited them, I found Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland among my PS2 games. I don't know how the hell it got there. It definitely wasn't mine. I still have it, though. Never played it. :p

I wonder what will happen with DQ8. It works on the emulator, but I'm not sure if SE will go for a PS3/Vita HD makeover instead. Or port it to the Wii U since Nintendo seems obsessed with DQ these days.

salromano

SolidSnakex said:

fm5q2.jpg

Uhm. Hell yes.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
salromano said:
fm5q2.jpg

Uhm. Hell yes.
Wow, what's this? It looks like a remake to the original (and best) Harvest Moon on the SNES.

Raiden III is something I will look into, but if this service is going to be for niche games that people may have missed for the first time, the PS2 is a gold mine for that. I hope games like Shadow Hearts and Gitaroo Man make it on the service, but I have no idea how hard getting the rights and the emulation to work (at least this service avoids the ESRB fee that has rumored to plague the VC on Wii, so hopefully that will be a good reason to put out more PS2 games).

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Xena said:
I never played a Harvest Moon game before.... that screen looks nice, might wanna check this game out.
Oh no, no. You should probably start with one of the best titles in the series, such as Harvest Moon 64, Friends of Mineral Town, A Wonferful Life, Magical Melody, and the original SNES game.

This reminds me, why in the fucking hell is there no Harvest Moon PSN game out yet? Or even a clone?

• Take the original SNES/PS1 gameplay (with a lot more content of course, more areas to explore etc.)
  • use some nice HD cellshading graphics (classy/stylish/adorable, not e.g. that cheap Bomberman Ultra look)
  • add PSN for some Farmville/Animal Crossing -esque online interactions with other players (+Facebook integration)
  • post-release DLC like plants, tools, new girls/boys to marry, avatars, pets, whatever
  • Remote-play or playable on both PS3+Vita/PSP w/ savegame sync

easy money, awesome game

salromano

SolidusDave said:
This reminds me, why in the fucking hell is there no Harvest Moon PSN game out yet? Or even a clone?

• Take the original SNES/PS1 gameplay (with a lot more content of course, more areas to explore etc.)
  • use some nice HD cellshading graphics (classy/stylish/adorable, not e.g. that cheap Bomberman Ultra look)
  • add PSN for some Farmville/Animal Crossing -esque online interactions with other players (+Facebook integration)
  • post-release DLC like plants, tools, new girls/boys to marry, avatars, pets, whatever
  • Remote-play or playable on both PS3+Vita/PSP w/ savegame sync

easy money, awesome game

Well. There is Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny (it's retail, though). Not sure how Harvest Moon it is, but Rune Factory is a spin-off, so, I take it it must be at least a little bit (I haven't gotten around to playing it yet, myself).

Grayman

I do not know how much blame is on my tv and how much is on laggy PS2 emulation but trying to play god hand made me feel ill. Will not buy more.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Grayman said:
I do not know how much blame is on my tv and how much is on laggy PS2 emulation but trying to play god hand made me feel ill. Will not buy more.
Looks like any PS2 game unoptimized for hdtvs...

linko9

Hey, I've got a quick question. I bought Odin sphere, and it scales very nicely on my HDTV (you could have convinced me the sprites were HD), but for some reason, there's always small black bars on the top and bottom of the screen, no matter what I do to the (very limited) video settings for the game. On my CRT, there's no problem, so I reckon I'll just play it on that, but it does look very nice on the plasma, and I was wondering if anyone knew why this happened, or could provide a solution.

androvsky

Next week we get Tak 2.
At least we're getting a fairly steady supply of PS2 games? I'm glad they started the first week with the games they did, otherwise there'd be so much raging at this point. Still wondering when Japan will start selling them. :(

Tizoc

How is Tak 2 as far as platformers go? As a fan of platformers I wouldn't mind picking this up if it's good.

StuBurns

Banned
Why doesn't the Euro store have PS2 games yet? Have Sony said? If and when they do get them, are we getting the same stuff? Will I finally get to experience God Hand after boundless amounts of alluring hype?

Shiloa

Top Bottom