• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emulated PS2 Games on PSN INCLUDING GOD HAND, GRIM GRIMOIRE, More...

Dave Long

Banned
PepsimanVsJoe said:
I'd rather see nothing but niche releases.

Urban Reign, King's Field: The Ancient City, and Robot Alchemic Drive next please.

Basically all the games you fuckers should have bought when they came out so we'd be seeing sequels on current gen systems.
Man, I took you up on Urban Reign based on a prior post and well, you are 100% right! If you want a game where it feels like you're really beating the crap out of someone, that's it! It's like a combo of God Hand and Tekken but grounded in a more realistic setting. Pure awesome!

Now I guess I should get King's Field: The Ancient City too!

Fox1304

Dave Long said:
Man, I took you up on Urban Reign based on a prior post and well, you are 100% right! If you want a game where it feels like you're really beating the crap out of someone, that's it! It's like a combo of God Hand and Tekken but grounded in a more realistic setting. Pure awesome!

Dave Long said:
bQwTs.jpg

Had to.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder what else is in the wings? I'm quite content with just GODHAND to be honest. My only wish was for them to fix the goddamn load times!

For example, playing DQ8 and NHL games on HDLoader was a different experience than just disc.

I KNOW they're on a hard drive on the PS3, but I don't think the loading has improved (I could be imaging things though)

Lily

Klonoa 2
Silpheed: The Lost Planet
Gitaroo Man
Dark Cloud
and the .hack games i would pick up in an instant.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I'd like to see Shadow Hearts but... Midway. :(

JWong said:
Hmm looked through the thread. Is Odin Sphere on PSN the fixed PAL version?

Has anyone fought Odette yet?

hum is there a bug i'm not aware of ? if you're talking about lag ... the slowndown when there are lot of ennemies should have been fixed .. ( well i'm hoping it is fixed )

Roto13

My controller likes to randomly refuse to sync when starting God Hand. (Even if I wait until the title screen to press the PS button.) I have to get up and manually turn off my PS3. Life is harrrrrrrrd.

Emitan

Lily said:
true dat. I'd throw in Rogue Galaxy too even though it wasnt everyones favourite. I loved all 3 games
I've never played Rogue Galaxy. I've been hoping for it to appear since I heard about this.

JWong

Banned
R_thanatos said:
hum is there a bug i'm not aware of ? if you're talking about lag ... the slowndown when there are lot of ennemies should have been fixed .. ( well i'm hoping it is fixed )
Yeah I'm talking about the lag.

PSN's Odin Sphere should take the PAL version, but it may be retarded and took the NA version.

onQ123

I'm still amused at how Sony just nonchalantly announced that PS2 games would be on PSN just a few days before they released them as if it was no big deal & we didn't get any leaks about it or anything, besides the old Sega documents from 2 years ago.

they also did the same thing with S Tablet being able to play PSP games.

this is not the Sony I know.

next thing you know we will be getting a voice chat invitation from people playing a different game & asking ourselves "when the hell did this happen?"

Cruzader

Banned
onQ123 said:
I'm still amused at how Sony just nonchalantly announced that PS2 games would be on PSN just a few days before they released them as if it was no big deal & we didn't get any leaks about it or anything, besides the old Sega documents from 2 years ago.

they also did the same thing with S Tablet being able to play PSP games.

this is not the Sony I know.

next thing you know we will be getting a voice chat invitation from people playing a different game & asking ourselves "when the hell did this happen?"
Um wait, their S tablet can play psp games? Wat?

jackdoe said:
Why? The PC version is dirt cheap and should run on most PCs without the framerate drops and the pop-in of the old PS2 version.

As a side note, hopefully, this "quick and easy" way to bring old PS2 games to the PS3 doesn't detract from the HD Remasters. I'm hoping that this is reserved for those niche titles that have no shot at an HD remaster. If not, then S-E will probably release their catalog for $15-20 a pop.

Don't game on the PC (don't even have a PC) and dont' feel like playing it on my iMac either. I want it on my couch with the familiar controller. Granted, I'd love an HD remaster, but i'd settle for this. Now that I've sold my 360 and have no BC on PS3 I have no way to replay my favorite game of last gen.

cabottemp

Banned
Adding God Hand to my "Overrated horseshit that GAF likes because that forum is so far up it's own ass it doesn't know a fucking thing" list.

Mrbob

onQ123 said:
I guess the Sega leaked documents was real as can be is there anything in the documents that haven't come out yet?

Sega accidentally leaks minutes of meeting with SCEA - PS2 emulation & more discussed

also looks like the PS2 downloads & Only on PSN ads are working the $20 PSN cards is number 1 on Amazon

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-tNN2vNuCVDw/To74j5fooRI/AAAAAAAAALc/mE_EmjQl_wY/s1600/PSN+CArds.jpg

Only on PSN ads ,PlayStation 2 downloads & more push PSN Cards to the number 1 spot

October 2011 is the best month for PSN ever in terms of releases. Might be one of the best months ever for any platform. I picked up a 50 dollar card in preparation, but I feel I'm going to have to get some more PSN cash.

Ezalc

cabot said:
Adding God Hand to my "Overrated horseshit that GAF likes because that forum is so far up it's own ass it doesn't know a fucking thing" list.

Somebody didn't get past the first level.

Theonik

cabot said:
Tell us how you really feel. And how far you got before the game owned your ass.

Angelcurio

I would really like to see Megaman Collection and X collection show up on the PS2 store, but since it's Capcom, and they now hate everything Megaman related, i sadly know that is not going happen.

Sykotik

Alright. I played through the first chapter, killing the first boss.

First thing I notice is the main menu still has a low frame-rate. Some cut-scenes do, too.

I specifically remember the first boss having a horrid frame-rate, however, playing this didn't seem too bad. The worst drop was when I hit all the little pieces of armor with a cyclone, and it didn't look that bad. I'm going to need to play it on PS2 again for a refresher before I can state whether or not it's actually better.

Playing through GrimGrimoire at the moment (on the PS2). It's kinda cool. I don't normally play real-time strategy games, so the ability to pause the action makes things a bit easier on me. Artwork is drop dead gorgeous, of course, and while the story is an unabashed Harry Potter fanfic, it's still pretty entertaining. Worth checking out.

JWong

Banned
Sykotik said:
Alright. I played through the first chapter, killing the first boss.

First thing I notice is the main menu still has a low frame-rate. Some cut-scenes do, too.

I specifically remember the first boss having a horrid frame-rate, however, playing this didn't seem too bad. The worst drop was when I hit all the little pieces of armor with a cyclone, and it didn't look that bad. I'm going to need to play it on PS2 again for a refresher before I can state whether or not it's actually better.
Odette is the ultimate test.

Get to umm I believe it was level 6 before reporting. She's the boss with a spider under her skirt.

Ezalc

leroidys said:
Just my opinion of course, but it is really, really, really awful.

I have the game and I don't know why you think it's so bad. I think it's pretty cool, lots of things to do. I just wish there were more planets to explore.

Persona7

Banned
I wonder if they can update these games with performance tweaks or stuff like that.

Does anyone know the PS2 disk file size for any of these games?

onQ123

Persona7 said:
I wonder if they can update these games with performance tweaks or stuff like that.

Does anyone know the PS2 disk file size for any of these games?

quick google search shows

(PS2) God Hand [NTSC-J] [1.09GB]‎
(PS2) God Hand [NTSC-U] [956MB]‎
(PS2) God Hand [PAL-E] [1.40GB]

for God Hand that's been ripped from PS2 DVDs

Vs

File size: 1.48 GB PSN download

Edit: the NTSC-U file size uncompressed is 1.45GB so the files are about the same size plus the manual that's included with the Download

Top Bottom