• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emulator Screenshot Thread

sanstitre1ftsif.jpg

sanstitre2yqsgr.jpg

Nothing special other than the game is 100% playable now and very enjoyable. What a great game. I remember playing this for the first time in 2010 or something on pcsx2 and there were still distracting glitches and slowdowns so I gave up. Now it's perfect. Has been for a couple of years probably but I'm catching up and really enjoying the game.

Some shaders involved here. Mostly color adjustments and blur because I happen to like it on ps2 games.

Kudos to pcsx2 devs !

Had a lot of fun with Zsnes this year. Earthbound, Super Metroid, Adventures of Horai High (while heavily flawed, still fun), and Kirby Super Star. I really appreciate the creation of it.

bomblord1

Banned
sanstitre1ftsif.jpg

sanstitre2yqsgr.jpg

Nothing special other than the game is 100% playable now and very enjoyable. What a great game. I remember playing this for the first time in 2010 or something on pcsx2 and there were still distracting glitches and slowdowns so I gave up. Now it's perfect. Has been for a couple of years probably but I'm catching up and really enjoying the game.

Some shaders involved here. Mostly color adjustments and blur because I happen to like it on ps2 games.

Kudos to pcsx2 devs !

The blur bugs me, I like the color adjustments, aside from that it looks great and THANK YOU for posting something was getting upset that this thread had stagnated so much <(^.^<)

Daedardus

Just some Twilight Princess Wii screenshots, in highlight of the recent announcement of TP HD. Just the vanilla version, 5x IR 8x MSAA 16x AF. Holds up rather well in motion and still looks good compared to the remake.

Did not reach Hyrule Field yet, but I hardly have the time to play and the controls aren't that great in Dolphin until I have my Dolphinbar. And now I'll likely wait for the remake to replay the game.

bomblord1

Banned
Just some Twilight Princess Wii screenshots, in highlight of the recent announcement of TP HD. Just the vanilla version, 5x IR 8x MSAA 16x AF. Holds up rather well in motion and still looks good compared to the remake.

Did not reach Hyrule Field yet, but I hardly have the time to play and the controls aren't that great in Dolphin until I have my Dolphinbar. And now I'll likely wait for the remake to replay the game.

Hey thanks looks great. I'm surprised at how high res the textures look.

Zelda Wind Waker, GC version, trying to mimic the HD version look with some additional bells and whistles.

XoXBkV3.jpg

k5TRjhd.jpg

VyjYvCS.jpg

Dolphin, Ishiiruka release 418, AO and a little bit of DoF, AR Code for proper widescreen. Hypatia's texture pack. Reshade Framework with tonemapping, bloom, SMAA and a bit of film grain @ 1440p. Steady 30 FPS.

Sorry to bump this, but could you do some shots of how Twilight Princess would look with a similar setup?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Hokuto no Ken: Raoh Gaiden (PPSSPP Emulator)
12239358_857070601077440_8911669003486880682_o.jpg

https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/t31.0-8/12273811_857070597744107_7827353267194802134_o.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtl1/t31.0-8/12304263_857070604410773_5523189422653601628_o.jpg[/MG][/QUOTE]

That first shot is wonderful. I'd love to see it with some ReShade to turn up the vibrance.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I dont know how to work with ReShade yet so on photoshop worked with the vibrance and a small change in saturation.
af900c12bb.png

I was actually thinking like, full on cranked up, super strong contrast colors. I really like the way that looks with cel shading.

Something like this:
color_altered_emulated_game_by_aloooo81-d9hsopl.jpg

I was thinking of something reminiscent of the candy saturated levels like this shot I posted a while back:

Regardless of that though, the game upscales really, really well.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Hey thanks for the shots.

There are so many PSP games that surprise me with how amazing they upscale.

Cel shaded games scale beautifully really. Now different games cause I've been lazy with the other games.

Evangelion Jo
12273750_856798984437935_7163001929440265064_o.jpg

Lords of Arcana
12244455_856214484496385_8570469747971924898_o.jpg

Grand Knight History
12232920_856214317829735_5895252268412240652_o.jpg

I need to mess with the settings for the 2D games cause I feel those could look better.

bomblord1

Banned
Cel shaded games scale beautifully really. Now different games cause I've been lazy with the other games.

Evangelion Jo
12273750_856798984437935_7163001929440265064_o.jpg

Lords of Arcana
12244455_856214484496385_8570469747971924898_o.jpg

Grand Knight History
12232920_856214317829735_5895252268412240652_o.jpg

I need to mess with the settings for the 2D games cause I feel those could look better.

Oh wow that Evangelion shot holy crap.

Game is a lot longer than I thought it would be. Since it's on the SNES I assumed it might have just about 8 levels 10 max like other shooters and beat em ups, but nah, this game apparently has 45. That's crazy, because back then games were generally short.

Game is a lot longer than I thought it would be. Since it's on the SNES I assumed it might have just about 8 levels 10 max like other shooters and beat em ups, but nah, this game apparently has 45. That's crazy, because back then games were generally short.

I honestly have never finished the game. Got through quite a bit of it with my brother (I estimate about 3/4 of the game), I was about 8 years old at the time. It was so difficult.

bomblord1

Banned

Furthest I have ever gotten was past the giant spider boss. Just a few levels after that.

bomblord1

Banned
Hey guys just a heads up I think we've got enough shots to do another set of featured shots in the OP I'll be updating it at the end of the month.

bomblord1

Banned
I've Updated The Featured Shots in the OP

Congratulations Wootkins, Naedtrax, and Nerrel

Some information about my thought process for the OP shots.
1. They had to follow the rules (no shots without listed settings etc).
2. I only chose 3 as the thread rules are 3 per post.
3. I did not put more than 1 shot from the same platform or game. I want the op to reflect the diversity of the systems and games present in this thread it would be boring to see all SMG shots or all Wii shots.
4. No more than 1 shot from the same user
5. I won't be posting my own shots in the OP.

And there were some ABSOLUTELY AMAZING shots.

BUT

They didn't have posted settings and that automatically disqualified them please post your settings guys it's helps out people who check out this thread so they are able to setup their games to look just as good.

In fact about 80% of the shots I was considering didn't have settings so I couldn't post them in the OP. I've also added some minor revisions to how I consider the games and will add those rules to the OP.

The Victorian

Neo Member
Since the only arcade in my city closed up, I've been forced to rely on MAME to play some of the games I used to enjoy there.

In particular, I've been trying tune the HLSL settings to mimic the appearance of the a typical CRT arcade monitor.

XmBb.jpg

bomblord1

Banned
Since the only arcade in my city closed up, I've been forced to rely on MAME to play some of the games I used to enjoy there.

In particular, I've been trying tune the HLSL settings to mimic the appearance of the a typical CRT arcade monitor.

XmBb.jpg

What are you using for controls though?

Filben

Got my emulator running, recently. After beating Rayman 2 on my original N64 I want to beat the PSX version. Fiddling with plugin settings the last two days. I simply cannot decide whether I should go for the smoother visual experience or the more accurate and retro style.

23450559216_c465acb0c6_z.jpg
23368187542_c2bc2e40cd_z.jpg

First one's looking better due to lack of jagged lines. Overall smoother. Second has more charme. What do you guys think?

bomblord1

Banned
Got my emulator running, recently. After beating Rayman 2 on my original N64 I want to beat the PSX version. Fiddling with plugin settings the last two days. I simply cannot decide whether I should go for the smoother visual experience or the more accurate and retro style.

23450559216_c465acb0c6_z.jpg
23368187542_c2bc2e40cd_z.jpg

First one's looking better due to lack of jagged lines. Overall smoother. Second has more charme. What do you guys think?

Well if it looks better it looks better.

Vazra

QoPbXjA.jpg

YPTR0FC.jpg

IdYWavs.jpg

SETTINGS
Internal Resolution: 4800 x 2720
Window Size: 1920 x 1080
Post Processing: 4xHQ GLSL
Render Resolution: x10
Texture Filtering: Auto
Screen Scaling: Linear
Render Mode: Buffered Rendering
Texture Scaling: x5
Upscale Type: Hybrid
Anisotropic Filter: x16

bomblord1

Banned
QoPbXjA.jpg

YPTR0FC.jpg

IdYWavs.jpg

SETTINGS
Upscale Type: Hybrid

Aside from the HUD it's impressive. Is that smearing in the original or a product of one of your settings?

Vazra

Aside from the HUD it's impressive. Is that smearing in the original or a product of one of your settings?

It's odd behavior but I need to mess around more with the settings. The HUD looks fine at times without looking smeared but after moving to another area of the game it goes like that. Sometimes changing the buffering setting goes back to normal but then with time it messes up again. I need to try more with the settings as Im a newbie with PPSSPP but most results are certainly interesting.

bomblord1

Banned
It's odd behavior but I need to mess around more with the settings. The HUD looks fine at times without looking smeared but after moving to another area of the game it goes like that. Sometimes changing the buffering setting goes back to normal but then with time it messes up again. I need to try more with the settings as Im a newbie with PPSSPP but most results are certainly interesting.

Almost certainly interesting at the least. I'm almost always impressed with the results of PSP games in high res. I need ti find a way to start ripping them for myself.

Vazra

I decided to post something nasty.
c0NUGou.jpg

uNoxyoH.jpg

LeJXSPZ.jpg

SETTINGS
Upscale Type: Bicubic

Basically took quick pics and stopped playing. Its fine if you play it on a smaller screen size but ugh.

bomblord1

Banned
I decided to post something nasty.
c0NUGou.jpg

uNoxyoH.jpg

LeJXSPZ.jpg

SETTINGS
Upscale Type: Bicubic

Basically took quick pics and stopped playing. Its fine if you play it on a smaller screen size but ugh.

I own that on the PSTV and it looks significantly better here if you can imagine that.

Top Bottom