• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emulator Screenshot Thread

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
s3ymd6M.jpg

kPbyvnc.jpg

2wjCONc.jpg

SETTINGS
Internal Resolution: 4800 x 2720
Window Size: 1920 x 1080
Post Processing: FXAA Anti Aliasing
Render Resolution: x10
Texture Filtering: Auto
Screen Scaling: Linear
Render Mode: Buffered Rendering
Texture Scaling: x5
Upscale Type: Hybrid + Bicubic
Anisotropic Filter: x16

bomblord1

Banned
s3ymd6M.jpg

kPbyvnc.jpg

2wjCONc.jpg

SETTINGS
Internal Resolution: 4800 x 2720
Window Size: 1920 x 1080
Post Processing: FXAA Anti Aliasing
Render Resolution: x10
Texture Filtering: Auto
Screen Scaling: Linear
Render Mode: Buffered Rendering
Texture Scaling: x5
Upscale Type: Hybrid + Bicubic
Anisotropic Filter: x16

Wow that's impressive!

4K+ internal, 1080p output resolution, Crisis Core, PPSSPP

19341368368_279b2220fd_o_d.jpg

4K+ internal, 4K output resolution, Crisis Core, PPSSPP

19533540381_c444f370e5_o_d.jpg

4K internal & output resolution, FF XII, PCSX2

19342866159_bda23ed311_o_d.png

4K+ internal, 1080p output, Gran Turismo, PPSSPP

19533563601_bd0cfbdc8b_o_d.jpg

19522639992_dd56b6a876_o_d.jpg

2x internal X, 3x internal Y, 1080p output, Dot Matrix scanlines, Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit, ePSXe

19448427248_2253d76479_o_d.png

PSP development is blowing my mind right now.

Yea I'm a newcomer to PPSSPP. I guess the hardware is easier to emulate, but in any case, the emulator is already standout quality and the GUI is fantastic. Amazed at how much it has moved forward in maybe only a couple of years?

Those screens are from a few months ago even so it has already been delivering for a while at least.

bomblord1

Banned
Damn good, got a whole bunch of ps1 games laying around here and I thought this would be best to try first because of how good I remember the graphics being.

I need to try and make it look even better and somehow get it running 16:9 without stretching it, is there a way I can do that?

I'm not super familiar with PS1 emulation so I can't really help with that sorry.

Damn good, got a whole bunch of ps1 games laying around here and I thought this would be best to try first because of how good I remember the graphics being.

I need to try and make it look even better and somehow get it running 16:9 without stretching it, is there a way I can do that?

There is a way but there can be graphical glitches and the hud elements/text are stretch. Here are some quick comparaison shots:

To do this first download PCSXR and then follow these step:
1. Click "Configuration" then go to "CPU"
cHZqOZj.png

2. Then select "Widescreen (GTE Hack)
ghk5L7E.jpg

3. After that click " Configuration and then select "Plugins & Bios"
lxltTLk.png

4. Under "Graphics" select "OpenGL Driver 1.78" then click "Configure"
m4K4Abx.png

5. Make sure "Keep psx aspect ratio" and "Force 4:3 aspect ratio" is uncheck and then check "Gte accuracy"
h5S2Edk.png

bomblord1

Banned
Shots by a friend from another forum. He requested I post for them until he gets his Gaf account approved

MW5k2KQ.png

FAo5QAc.png

irHFilT.png

Dolphin Ishiiruka build
4x IR
FXAA
Widescreen hack
per-pixel lighting

Ishiiruka settings
MATSDOF
Tone mapping color correction
Pixel vibrance,

Reshade Settings
Lens Dirt
Bloom

dubc35

PSP development is blowing my mind right now.

Seriously, wow! My first trip into this thread. I played all those games on my OG PSP and they did not look like that! ...too bad The 3rd Birthday is a terrible game :( GT PSP isn't much better either....and I'm a big GT fan. I need to check out this emulator. I wonder what good looking games like Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow would look like.

Seriously, wow! My first trip into this thread. I played all those games on my OG PSP and they did not look like that! ...too bad The 3rd Birthday is a terrible game :( GT PSP isn't much better either....and I'm a big GT fan. I need to check out this emulator. I wonder what good looking games like Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow would look like.

Go play Power Stone and Power Stone 2 on PPSSPP right now you hipster.

bomblord1

Banned
Shots by a friend from another forum. He requested I post for them until he gets his Gaf account approved

Xenoblade Chronicles
WJn0SfD.png

qpuAiyb.png

hJ6jq8Z.png

Dolphin Ishiiruka build (settings are approximate)
4x IR
FXAA (IshiirukaFX)
widescreen hack
per-pixel lighting

Ishiiruka Settings
MATSDOF
tone mapping
color correction
pixel vibrance

Reshade Settings
Bloom

Ha, I don't think I've ever been called a hipster before. I don't recall those games on og PSP but I don't have a computer that could run PPSSPP so no Power Stone.

That's why it's a joke ;)

PPSSPP is very low intensity for hardware, at least from what I can tell. Don't have much to test it on as far as very low-spec hardware, but... it probably works really well anyway?

bomblord1

Banned

Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
RLupHKY.png

a3K70c7.png

yTsXbBG.png

Dolphin Ishiiruka build (settings are approximate)
4x IR
FXAA (IshiirukaFX)
widescreen hack
per-pixel lighting
Tomoya's texture pack 2.0

Ishiiruka Settings
MATSDOF
tone mapping
color correction
pixel vibrance

Reshade Settings
Bloom

AdanVC

Ishiiruka-Dolphin, Zelda Twilight Princess (GC Version), Native Resolution 3x (1920x1584) for 1080p, Lots of changes that I don't remember anymore, Victor Rosa HD Texture Pack, ReShade, Widescreen Hack.

gz2e01-1torin.png

https://youtu.be/Obivod39-hg in motion.

I think this looks better than the upcoming HD remaster for Wii U... : / Just hoping Nintendo at least can fix the HUD and the painful intro

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

5olid_5nake

Not_Mario

Neo Member
I have no screens to contribute right now but I've been lurking this thread for a while and just want to say that there are fantastic shots in here. Basically any Square Enix PSP game looks shockingly good in HD, character models especially.

bomblord1

Banned
I have no screens to contribute right now but I've been lurking this thread for a while and just want to say that there are fantastic shots in here. Basically any Square Enix PSP game looks shockingly good in HD, character models especially.

Personally Wii games have impressed me the most.

Oemenia

Banned
There is a way but there can be graphical glitches and the hud elements/text are stretch. Here are some quick comparaison shots:

To do this first download PCSXR and then follow these step:
Need some help, on Pete's OpenGL2 Tweaks 2.0, whatever aspect ratio the game is, it always displays in a 4:3 ratio. Been trying a different number of options and nothing works (PEOPs however goes 16:9 but it doesnt have the same filtering options and makes 2D look awful).

The Victorian

Neo Member
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike, in MAME64UI using an HLSL CRT shader:

j1Db.jpg

The game ran on Capcom's CPS-3 hardware, which was a rather interesting beast. It was designed entirely for 2D graphics at a time when 3D graphics were becoming dominant. It had an extremely elaborate security system - the encrypted game contents were stored on a CD-ROM, which were flashed to a bank of SIMMS on the mainboard at first power-on. The game data was then decrypted via a battery-powered cartridge that was extremely sensitive to any sort of tampering. If it detected any sort of meddling (even things such as touching the connector or removing the cartridge while the machine was running), the encryption key would be get erased, resulting in an unusable arcade machine.

As a result of all this, the CPS-3 was basically a flop, and only a half-dozen games were made for it. But the graphics of games like SF3 still look gorgeous even today, with an incredible fluidity of motion that made other 2D fighting games look jerky and stiff by comparison.

Not_Mario

Neo Member
Personally Wii games have impressed me the most.

They definitely upscale the best but I've used dolphin before so I was just surprised how good some PSP games look. I bet once that Citra 3DS emulator is in a better state it'll surprise a lot of people too. 3DS and PSP hide some very nice visuals behind their really low res screens.

bomblord1

Banned
They definitely upscale the best but I've used dolphin before so I was just surprised how good some PSP games look. I bet once that Citra 3DS emulator is in a better state it'll surprise a lot of people too. 3DS and PSP hide some very nice visuals behind their really low res screens.

I agree I'm really looking forward to citra maturing I've been watching it here on the gaf thread.

Top Bottom