• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

England v France

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to a Reuters reporter, fans in Istanbul booed the minute of silence and chanted Allahu Akbar. Very gross.

I apologise for our morons. Unfortunately they are very brave these days.

Ok I've just learned it's a bit more nuanced than that. They sang "Şehitler Ölmez Vatan Bölunmez" which means "The Martyrs will never die, the nation will never be divided". They were upset that Europe doesn't have minutes silence for victims of PKK terrorism so didn't want to observe this one.

So they're still assholes, but not "Allahu Hu Ekber" level of assholes.

MCN

Banned
England and France are like two brothers. Sure, we used to beat the hell out of each other when we were younger, but as we've grown older, we've grown to love each other. Only we are allowed to beat up France, goddammit!

I'm so glad there were no incidents!
From BBC website:

"As the final seconds were played out here at Wembley, France's fans delivered one final, rousing rendition of “La Marseillaise”.

It drew loud applause from England's fans and was a fitting conclusion to a night of unity and strength here at Wembley."

United we stand!
Good job England, good job!

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
its one thing ive found about england when the time is right we will put on some spectular moments etc like tonight our fans didnt fuck about etc we knew what the score was and was very respectful and i guess made france feel welcome ? and secure ? (not meant in a horrible way either just like you know feel comfortable etc and i guess be at ease a bit after everything )

NekoFever

England and France are like two brothers. Sure, we used to beat the hell out of each other when we were younger, but as we've grown older, we've grown to love each other. Only we are allowed to beat up France, goddammit!

This makes me laugh because it perfectly captures the relationship between English and French people.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Tonights game at Wembley was never really about a scoreline.

yea i meant the word score as like us fans knew what needed to be done etc and we really came together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom