• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EON Announces the XBHD, a Plug-and-Play HDMI Adapter for Original Xbox

8BiTw0LF

Banned
EON Gaming, the company behind HDMI adapters for the Nintendo GameCube and N64, has officially announced the XBHD, its next adapter that is designed for the original Xbox.

The XBHD is a plug-and-play adapter that allows you to easily play your original Xbox on modern TVs. The XBHD includes two HDMI video outputs, a Mini-TOSLINK audio jack, and three LAN ports. The Mini-TOSlink, according to EON, claims to deliver "clean digital audio" through headphones or speakers and even capture cards.

Image Credit: EON Gaming

The three LAN ports are the most interesting feature; as you can see in the image above, it allows for versatility in having LAN parties. With the original Xbox servers shut down, including the LAN ports on the XBHD makes it easy to set up LAN parties and play games like Halo 2 with your friends and relieve the early 2000s.

EON is aiming to release the XBHD on June 20 and it will cost $189.99 — $30 more than the price of one GCHD MK-II or the Super 64 HDMI adapter.

xbhd-1684615934100.png

stn

Does this company make durable products? I'd love to get this but I'm wondering about the quality.

Roberts

I will grab it if it comes down in price. Took my og xbox out of the closet a few months ago and was surprised it still works. Just for PGR

Pantz

I've tried two other HDMI adapters for Xbox and they had really bad graphical issues while playing.
Is this one better than those?

8BiTw0LF

Banned
It neither upscales nor should it be as expensive as it is. It's a component > HDMI converter. Those devices go for 10 bucks on whatever online store.
Looking at the size of the thing it looks too big to be a simple converter. Looks more like a video processor like Retrotink.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
It neither upscales nor should it be as expensive as it is. It's a component > HDMI converter. Those devices go for 10 bucks on whatever online store.
You forget it includes this CUTTING EDGE FEATURE: ethernet hub (not switch...a fucking hub).

However....their GameCube adapter is great so i'll pick this one up too.

Top Bottom