• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESRB Watch: Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 rated for the Xbox 360/Playstation 3 (!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gagaman

Guymelef said:
Online, please...
13-10-200813-44-45.png

13-10-200813-47-50.png
Oh! Hopefully those are not just Playstation Classics, as the ports of them weren't the best. If the SFA3 is a PSN title with online though...I may be willing to buy the game for the 3rd time (already own it on Dreamcast and on the SFA anthology on PS2).

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Shit Yeah! :D

Fucking brilliant move Capcom, and this will be a serious cash cow for them - hell I can even see people skipping SSF2THDR for this...

Marvel vs Capcom 2 is the only game I have ever bought two copies of on two separate consoles (Dreamcast and Xbox, dunno if the Street Fighter 2 HD on Live counts along with my SNES version), and I guess it'll set a new record as I buy it a third time on Live...

But hey, it's my favorite 2D fighter of all time, so it's all good with me!

Man, it would be crazy as fuck if they ever showed a Marvel vs Capcom 3 at, like, E3 or a MS/Sony press conference. Imagine if they would have done this shit at TGS. Everyone's all bored out of their gourd, and then suddenly, I WANNA TAKE YOU FOR A RIDE and MvC3 shows up. Fucking meltdown would have occurred.

God I love this series. I'm so fucking stoked. This will join Rez and Ikaruga as Dreamcast titles I rebought on XBLA, except this is one that I WILL replay into the ground.

toomuchcordialer3.gif

Although I wish MvsC1 would get some love too. I liked it better, but it obviously had a far smaller roster. Still, the polish was better, like having actual endings.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I will buy this shit again. :lol

Time for me to brush up my marvel skills with the PS2 version. Jin and BLOOOODIA for victory.

tahrikmili said:
2DHD I hope?

Or are they using SF4's 3D engine?

EDIT: Ah fuck it it's not a new game.. XBLA/PSN then?

LOLLLL

this game came out almost 10 years ago.

I'm glad that it's being ported to XBLA/PSN but goddam, couldn't they have used the Dreamcast/arcade version instead? The PS2/Xbox versions were the worst.

ON another note, since this is rated for PS2 and PS3, what does that hold for the future of backwards compatibility on the PS3?

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Shard said:
Right, been doing one of my periodical digging through the backlogs of the ESRB ratings and this time around a doozy of a rating.

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 CAPCOM Teen Blood, Suggestive Themes, Violence PlayStation 2, Xbox, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3

Well, there is it, Marvel Vs. Capcom is unofficially officially coming to the HD era in some fashion, most likely as a XBLA/PSN release. You may commence the rejoicing.
::spits Dew all over monitor::

I was so tempted to pay the $80 that Gamestop was asking for a used copy of the PS2 version a while back. Good thing I didn't have the cash, then... :D

Although, to be honest, I preferred X-Men VS. Street Fighter myself. Capcom should just get the okay from Marvel to put together a compilation that features all of the Marvel fighters, IMHO.

FightyF said:
The Xbox version of this game is hard as hell to find even used so this is GREEEAT news.

I suppose this means there's online play...eh?

I picked up the Xbox Version a few months ago for $60. That shit barely works!!!

MoxManiac

What's exciting about this is they may be testing the waters for MvC3. With the recent comments by both Ono/Capcom and Marvel themselves, and now this, I think it's going to happen :D

Agent X

Now that's some awesome news!

I've already got MvC2 on Dreamcast, but I'd surely buy it again as a downloadable game if it has improvements.

LowParry

Hrm. I will wait till further notice. Until then, I'll keep throwing rocks at the bandwagons wheel (or just stick with the PS2 version for now).

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With tha mango sentinel????????????????

Curly Mustache

Make me think of the new york nicks

duffey

Fatghost said:
The X360 version won't be the Xbox version on Xbox Classics, will it? :(
I'm hoping not considering this is showing up on the XBLA listing.

In any case YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I just hope this will eventually lead to an MvC3... anyways, I still have my DC hooked up so I still play this from time to time. But online play in an XBL framework would be HOTTTTT. One of my favorite fighters ever.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
intheinbetween said:
this is what i found..

2jc60rt.jpg
THREAD TITLE CHANGE PLEASE

MERV GRIFFIN Xwords coming to XBLA

Yes XWORDS. yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. xwords is the best thing to come out of this thread. I cannot believe it. Xwords

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom