• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESRB Watch: Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 rated for the Xbox 360/Playstation 3 (!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xblarcade

MThanded said:
THREAD TITLE CHANGE PLEASE

MERV GRIFFIN Xwords coming to XBLA

Yes XWORDS. yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. xwords is the best thing to come out of this thread. I cannot believe it. Xwords

While I know your joking, Xwords was actually announced almost a year ago, hopefully this doesn't mean we've got a year to wait for MvC2

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
vfxoxv.gif

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Marvel and Capcom would make so much money off of Marvel vs Capcom 3. As someone said before, maybe they are testing the market with this to see if the interest is still there.

User2k

Wurm said:
Yes. PartnerNet never lies! My first GAF insider tip :D

I half wanted to post again in that Ben Judd "Ace up their sleeve" topic as I pondered if this is what he could be referring to..

Holy fuck I'm checking that tomorrow.

xblarcade

Assuming this is true, does is solidify the 360 as the Fighter console of the forever*?

(only true if you have an arcade stick)

Bumblebeetuna said:
Uh.. I would rather have the much superior original Marvel vs Capcom. But this will do, so long as they is online play.
i agree with you in theory. if capcom goes as far as to add online, though, there is the possibility they will include a "remix" mode a la super turbo HD as well.

that would fucking rule.

andymcc

Banned
haunts said:
Marvel and Capcom would make so much money off of Marvel vs Capcom 3. As someone said before, maybe they are testing the market with this to see if the interest is still there.

we can only hope. : )

fucking rad. will buy.

Threi

notag
My God.

Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom
Marvel Vs. Capcom 2
Street Fighter IV

my Street fighter hunger will be more than satisfied this gen :D

Another step towards Marvel vs Capcom 3. Maybe this is why Tatsunoko vs Capcom has so few characters, they're readying them up for the MVC3 exprosion!!

No_Style

I was just playing this on my DC yesterday! Wow! This news is so awesome!

Also, The ESRB said they were fixing up their system to prevent leaks like this, but it's also up to the person filing to indicate whether or not to reveal the game before the launch date.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
This is such good news, This game on my PS3, makes it the ultimate console fighting system. :D I hope it comes out this year.

Is online confirmed?

I got the PS2 version cheap the other day, and I gotta say it looks awful! Did Capcom screw up the port? I don't remember Marvel's game sprites being so pixelated. Sound is also screwed up for some reason.

DaFish

Prime crotch said:
I got the PS2 version cheap the other day, and I gotta say it looks awful! Did Capcom screw up the port?

Yes, the PS2 and XBOX version are all screwy

DC looks like butter though...

neojubei said:
This is such good news, This game on my PS3, makes it the ultimate console fighting system. :D I hope it comes out this year.

Still missing DOA and a new DBZ: Tenkaichi game (the good ones) :(

MoxManiac

Prime crotch said:
I got the PS2 version cheap the other day, and I gotta say it looks awful! Did Capcom screw up the port? I don't remember Marvel's game sprites being so pixelated. Sound is also screwed up for some reason.

It's a pretty shitty port, yes. The sprites don't look good at all in any version of MvC2, though.

Dali

What are you doing Capcom!!! Think of what you are doing to the after-market price!! First ZOE 2, then Rez, then Ikuraga, then SMT: Nocturne... these game companies just don't want me to turn a profit on my games. If you are jumping on the bandwagon this late, then you deserve to pay a premium for your lack of taste and bandwagon mentality.

*quickly puts Project Justice on ebay*

No_Style

DaFish said:
Yes, the PS2 and XBOX version are all screwy

DC looks like butter though...

I just played the DC version via VGA and it looks alright if you can put up with the sprites. Damn that Morrigan sprite.

ChackanKun said:
Really hope it has online. Also SFA3 with online would be godlike :O
I don't see a reason why not if this news is true. Capcom already included online play in their Xbox (1) fighters and all of their beat 'em ups on Xbox 360 also support Xbox Live, so...

Glix

_dementia said:
Where did you order yours?

Arcade Shock. They recently updated the site to apologize for the delay, and to say the sticks will ship sometime near End of Nov/Early Dec. :D

From the site

We have finally confirmed from Hori that the sticks on Pre-Order will arrive sometime in late November, possibly early December. The reason why this is taking longer than expected is they are making a fresh batch for us, hence they needed the lead time to produce and ship this stick to us directly from Japan.

Be aware that both the HRAP3 and the HRAP EX 360 sticks were only available to the Japanese market and those sticks are sold out completely. No one at this time has them in stock and the ones that do, charge $220.00++ for the HRAP EX and $160++ for the HRAP3, this does not include shipping either. Because this is a pre-order item, we are able to sell these sticks at a low price and we can assure you that the next batch that Hori ships, we will be the first ones to get them and ship them out before any other dealer.

If you cannot wait this long, please contact us at sales (at) snk-capcom dot com to cancel your order. Please be aware that canceling your order will put you back on the list of receiving the stick and the possibility that we will be sold out by that time. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused anyone, but wanted to be sure that we could provide everyone with a more definitive timeline on when these will arrive.

MicVlaD said:
I don't see a reason why not if this news is true. Capcom already included online play in their Xbox (1) fighters and all of their beat 'em ups on Xbox 360 also support Xbox Live, so...

Honestly, I want online for the... just not PSX SFA3. It was a great translation but prefer to the arcade or Saturn versions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom