• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Estherwood officer (Louisiana) to resign after racist social media post

Nephtes

You didn't understand that post, obviously it's not more progressive. What I was saying is that people from New Orleans, and in my experience white people are particularly prone to this, tend to vastly overestimate how much better New Orleans is on this front.

Ironically part of this comes from the very problem with folding hinterlands into a city that you were complaining about earlier. Except it makes even less sense here because there are two cities in the district.

Your last point doesn't make much sense to me. Conservatism has something to do with racism, that's part of why I'm saying New Orleans isn't as progressive as many seem to think it is.

It's not like New Orleans has a reputation for not being racist. I'd wager its association with progressivism probably comes mostly from the fact that the city has traditionally cared little about white people's sexual orientation.

I agree, I was actually referring to the person on page 1 that told me this incident was specifically "conservative hate" versus just plain old "hate".

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck, if he thought "kill a black kid cause your daughter likes him" was fine meme to share in a public Facebook page, think about the racist emails he sent to fellow police in private

The meme to me actually seems to be "kill your own daughter because she likes a black kid". That's double fucked up.

Just the assistant chief of police, nothing to worry about now that he's gone. I'm sure none of the other police in that department knew of this disturbing side of him.

the only thing that makes me feel good about this is the knowledge that America is diversifying and changing, and everyone's gonna be fuckin everyone, and babies are gonna be every color, and there ain't shit old racist white people can do about it except cry.

the only thing that makes me feel good about this is the knowledge that America is diversifying and changing, and everyone's gonna be fuckin everyone, and babies are gonna be every color, and there ain't shit old racist white people can do about it except cry.

isnt just old people sadly

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Assistant Chief? I guess people love shit down there. Just... not such a loud piece of shit

isnt just old people sadly

Right, Elliot Rodger and Dylan Roof were both young 20s white guys(Rodgers was mixed with asian) who both went on mass killing sprees because of their hate of racial mixing, specifically jealousy that non-white guys are seen as attractive.

Roof actually became radicalized just because the girl he liked had a crush on a black guy. Insecure entitled racist murderous dickface actually started posting on racist sites, planned and told friends and family(including a "black friend") he would kill innocent people to start a race war and he actually killed 9 innocent welcoming people because a girl he liked was attracted to another guy who was black.

Honestly, race mixing isn't new or going to solve racism and old white people aren't the only people maintaining the status quo. Tradition is passed down. The present is built on what's come before, that's why hundreds of years of ingrained racism doesn't just magically disappear from an entire culture of a country.

RyanW

I think everyone would prefer to live in New Orleans than somewhere like Natchitoches,

I blame the small backwards towns around us for bringing us down
although never forget the Sons of Confederate Soldiers drama from Christmas Fest a couple of years ago.

g11

Sometimes I think Facebook was created solely so racist idiots could out themselves to the world.

Shit's crazy. Just like that cop in NY who wore a White Supremist t-shirt to court. SMH this shit is just getting worse and worse everyday.

AoM

Looking up this Estherwood: a town of less than 1000 people. It seems so common with cops in rural towns. A person who grew up there, has very seldom left their state, choosing a job with authority that makes them feel above everyone else in town; but these either share their views or overlook them.

Top Bottom