• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey Community Thread: The Ongoing Adventures of Fight and Heal

Nachos

Nope, you need to sneak by them.
Alternatively, I'm pretty sure I'm remembering this right, but you can defeat some of them, leave, and come back, basically doing things over multiple days of need be. Getting spotted will make everything respawn, but I'm pretty sure they're beholden to the regular FOE spawn rules if you don't.

spiritfox

lol this 1st stratum boss is like a 3rd stratum boss.

Edit: Yay 2nd stratum. That boss wasn't that hard in the end.Like most 1st stratum bosses you'll want some AOE.

omlet

B20 in EOU looks much scarier than I remember. Do I need to kill all the FOEs again?

IIRC you don't have to kill them but you can, and killing a couple of them can make navigating the floor much easier. The trick is you must catch them from the side or behind when you attack, because if they spot you everything respawns.

16 hours into EOV right now. In the 2nd Stratum, 8th fl.

I kept switching between people and finally have a team I feel comfortable with:

Masurao
Pugilist
Warlock

Shaman
Botanist

Masurao uses Swallow Soar, which gives me 2 attacks in one turn. Once when I first use it then another after the enemy finishes their turn.

Pugilist uses One Two Punch. Regular attack plus a chance at using a bind skill right after. What's crazy is you might end up using 1 bind skill or all 3. So you can essentially attack 1-4 times for the cost of just the main skill (which is 5 TP until level 5, then it's 9 TP.). Definitely my main damage dealer.

Warlock is my elemental damage guy but if I make any changes to my team, he will be the first to go. Maybe for one of the pet classes.

Shaman gives ATK/DEF boost to the party as well as secondary healing with Heaven's Gift.

Botanist is the healer. Healing a line is so helpful.

Current team is between level 24/25. I try to grind for the best equipment currently available before moving on, as well as completing all side missions.

I don't know if it was present in past games, but it's good to see more than one save file. Seems you can save 1 file on the cart and others on the SD card. I guess that should help those who start on digital but want to move to physical? Hopefully this does work for you guys.

Damn hamster.

Lol, just got to that part.

Yea, I think very soon I'll be changing my Warlock to a tank class. I'm stubborn, though, so I'm curious how long I can last before doing so, lol.

I've been slacking on my skill points. Everyone has about 15 unused points. I should go after some poison and multi hit skills.

Doing a little grinding for money now.

spiritfox

Not enough damage output for the 2nd stratum boss. My Harbinger is kind of a dead weight this fight, but then again I'm not sure I'm at a good level in the first place. The FOEs are still yellow lol.

I might need to level a bit.

I'm fighting him now. He has about 25% HP left but I don't think I'll win. The attack that hits everyone puts me in such a hole.

What level are you? I'm around 27.

I was able to poison him so that took about 75 HP off every turn. That with an arm bind helped.

spiritfox

I'm fighting him now. He has about 25% HP left but I don't think I'll win. The attack that hits everyone puts me in such a hole.

What level are you? I'm around 27.

I was able to poison him so that took about 75 HP off every turn. That with an arm bind helped.

I'm 28.
I can survive everything including the AoE, but I don't have enough damage to power through his heal, and I ran out of TP. I might need to look at using some attack items.

I'm 28.
I can survive everything including the AoE, but I don't have enough damage to power through his heal, and I ran out of TP. I might need to look at using some attack items.

I just beat him. Definitely a tough fight.

I used Armor Pierce to lower his DEF and always used my strongest skills when that was active.

I still think Pugilist's One-Two Punch is amazing. With a DEF debuff on the enemy and an ATK buff, you can do 100+ damage 1-4 times, depending on how much you've leveled it up.

Warlock was chanting with Lightning and took about 140 off of him each time.

Shaman did a decent job helping out with healing. Using a Prayer not only raised ATK or DEF but healed the team for 20 hp. Not much but combined with the Botanist, they did a good job constantly keeping them healthy.

Buying some items to recover TP definitely helped. That and remembering the Union skill that recovers TP. I mean, its pitiful how much they give you lol but its something.

I got lucky a few times getting him petrified. Used that opportunity to regroup.

spiritfox

Bleah still can't do it at 29. Got him down to 1/3 but I'm out of steam at that point and he's killing too many to keep up with the revival. Might have to try at 30.

Volt Jars do disappointingly little damage during his shield phase.

PK Gaming

The boss in question is vulnerable to head bind. Using some binding items (head + leg) and the union skill that causes bind can help swing the momentum back in your favor in a pinch. Or you can use it to finish it off in one go.

spiritfox

The boss in question is vulnerable to head bind. Using some binding items (head + leg) and the union skill that causes bind can help swing the momentum back in your favor in a pinch. Or you can use it to finish it off in one go.

Please, I run a bind party.

NVM HE IS DEAD DUE TO LUCKY BINDS HURRAH

omlet

At least it's not 10 :D

Got the OT finalized I tihnk, except for a thread title. Anyone remember what the char limit on titles is? My idea posted a few days ago here might be too long lol.

I can just use
Unleash the Beast!
if it needs to be something shorter, right?

Zweizer

Banned
Got the OT finalized I tihnk, except for a thread title. Anyone remember what the char limit on titles is? My idea posted a few days ago here might be too long lol.

I can just use
Unleash the Beast!
if it needs to be something shorter, right?

A quick search tells me the limit is 85.

I beat Scylla. With a lot of luck at the end, I was running out of resources. Time to beat the rest of the game.

Makes me think I was low leveled, my party's average is 40.

Beat Scylla. Barely. But hey, it counts and I didn't lower it off expert!

Did the next part of Ginnungagap, random story mode speculation because I'm playing on classic.
Weird self aware voice tells me to do things. I then fight what seems to be a weird out of place boss which probably makes sense in story context, also the boss is easy, presumably story because that balancing was a bit messed up. It does no damage. Makes me think the story party lose their protector? Though Demi-Fafnir? A cool ass boss design. Giant on fire Gurren mech.
It is nice that I can go into Ginnungagap, but the balance feels off for classic.

Started 4th stratum. That theme is glorious (using the FM OST and god damn). New battle theme sounds like a pseudo-boss theme, so no idea how to feel about that, it isn't awful.

Zweizer

Banned
Your hunch is correct. Really though, it's a shame you didn't have the time to go through Story Mode for EOU2 as it's actually good.

Inspecting the Resounding Weapons isn't bad, but it's not very catchy. EOII's soundtrack felt rather experimental overall, as if Koshiro was trying to compose a form of orchestral-sounding tracks using FM synth soundfonts. It works great for town/stratum themes however.

spiritfox

It's easy cause you're supposed to fight that with 4 people in story mode.

Inspecting the Resounding Weapons is the worst of the 2nd battle themes, but the 4th stratum music is the best of the series.

Anteo

So yeah.. if anyone is still curious enough to have come here, id love to have a discord invite. the other link is already dead

Top Bottom