• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EU official: Trump admin *WONT* withdraw from Paris Climate Accord

Media

Does anyone think he actually had a change of heart when he realized "people really fucking hate me" or is he just trying to like... Not make people hate him? This and the walk back on the dreamers and the wall is so fucking weird for him.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
If Trump having dinner with Democrats keeps leading to things like this then keep it up.

I mean, it shouldn't have even been a topic in the first place but ya know. Take your wins when you can...

Yeah. At the very least, the world isn't ending.

Fergie

Banned
Can't trust anything with Trump truly.

But those ratings must be hitting him hard.

This is what the supposed DACA reversal and now this. Someone check on Trump supporters.

Slime

Banned
I'm not gonna call it a pivot, but he's so insecure that I could see him getting addicted to the positive press and attention from suddenly affable Democrats every time he does something not shitty.

Unbounded

Does anyone think he actually had a change of heart when he realized "people really fucking hate me" or is he just trying to like... Not make people hate him? This and the walk back on the dreamers and the wall is so fucking weird for him.

It's most definitely this one.

That's not exactly a bad thing though, since the effort required to get people to stop hating him is in the "end world hunger/peace on Earth" tier.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Here's what they gonna do, they arent gonna "withdraw' to look good to the world, but are gonna have "negotiations" that go nowhere for years to come in order to delay progress as much as possible.

Alcander

Weird that all these pivots seem to coincide with positive-news-binder-guy leaving/quitting. Maybe that dude really did have a major impact ha.

giphy.gif

Dyle

It's amazing how quickly things have changed since Kelly took over. Hopefully this isn't a fluke and the Trump admin will actually start listening to reason, but let's not count our chickens before they hatch

P.S. Get fucked Pruitt

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
Weird that all these pivots seem to coincide with positive-news-binder-guy leaving/quitting. Maybe that dude really did have a major impact ha.
I guess Trump thought he was really popular because that guy was pumping him with positive stories, but once he left Trump has been confronted by the fact that "everyone fucking hates him."

Kyzer

Banned
Umm...

He kinda did already ? Didnt they say they wouldnt be open to renegotiating with Trump after the deal was sealed?

SaviourMK2

But this administration has less than zero credibility. So does that mean they're going to not agree to the paris climate accord and instead pollute even more?

Remember, anything they say is the opposite truth.

The Paris Climate Accord doesn't even do enough to curb the devastating effects of a 2 degree increase in global average temperature.

This is hardly a victory for the environment.

Glenn Thrush
Glenn Thrush @GlennThrush
WH spox denies WSJ story claiming US might stay in Paris accords -- saying position hasn't changed...
Katherine Faulders @KFaulders
Statement from the White House on reports US won't withdraw from Paris Climate agreement. "There has been no change" -->
DJ38VPoXkAAszfa
Kelly O'Donnell
Kelly O'Donnell @KellyO
NEW: WH officials say "NO CHANGE" on US position regarding Paris Agreement on climate change after report.
4:56 PM · Sep 16, 2017
. 🤔🤔🤔

We're really at the point where we're praising the man for not doing crappy things he said he was going to do.

One step at a time I guess.

Xe4

Banned
I'll believe it when I (don't) see it. This administration is too topsy turvy to think otherwise.

zma1013

US withdrawing unless we can re-enter on more favorable terms? Don't we make up our own terms to agree to, as does everyone else in the agreement?

Top Bottom