• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EU official: Trump admin *WONT* withdraw from Paris Climate Accord

Keasar

tumblr_oinzp54x5O1u501aoo1_400.gif

Poona

Is the Trump Administration still gutting the EPA? Because I feel that matters way more than if we're in the Paris Climate Accord or not.

Yeah, and staying with the Paris accord isn't automatically a good thing either. It could just mean he wants a seat at the table to make things harder for others who actually want to do good. If he left the table he wouldn't have an influence.

oti

Banned
Wie bitte?

I'd like to imagine Schumer and Pelosi going: "Look, Donald. Do you want to be the most hated President in history or do you want people to like you?"

Does anyone think he actually had a change of heart when he realized "people really fucking hate me" or is he just trying to like... Not make people hate him? This and the walk back on the dreamers and the wall is so fucking weird for him.
Didn't he turn back on that DACA deal with Pelosi? Last thing I heard was that he was back to saying he wanted the wall.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
He just says what the person he's talking to wants to hear. He needs to be loved, little snowflake.

Servbot24

Banned
Obviously anything Trump says can generally be expected to be false, but if this just so happens to be true I'll be very happy.

Buckle

The deep state got to Trump and ousted Bannon. Fuckin knew it.

The Obama shadow government is closing in. JADE HELM!

_Ryo_

Trump will soon take to Twitter to confirm this news is true whilst at the same time also consoling his base that it's actually not true and no agreement has been made., all in one tweet.

Trump will soon take to Twitter to confirm this news is true whilst at the same time also consoling his base that it's actually not true and no agreement has been made., all in one tweet.
The Globalists will not control us! But folks, this is a good deal. There were very bad hurricanes and it will get worse! Worth it?

UberTag

He's bit by bit going to undo the stuff that's helped make him so unpopular. The sheer amount of public hatred has finally caught up with him. Ultimately his ego needs more of his attention than the political agenda. He demands to be loved and will do any random thing it takes to get there. Won't happen all at once, but the process has started.
Joke's on him, though. Undoing the messes he himself created won't make us like him any more and will only reaffirm our stance that he's a fool who doesn't know what he's doing. Plus, he loses his base this way... outside of the ones who will do mental gymnastics to pretend this is what they wanted all along.

Whatever gets him closer to impeachment suits me just fine.

Ttagn.gif

DrkSage

I'll be honest, when I saw the recent news about him not knowing hurricanes can go up to 5 I said to myself
"Now he's probably thinking to himself ""if that was cat.5 imagine what a 6, or 7 or 8 would look like!!! It would be the day after tomorrow all over again! That's bad! Very bad!""

Yep trump, that's what climate change looks like

I'm looking forward to The_Donald pretending this isn't happening.

They are just gonna pretend that withdrawing was a negotiation tactic and he just got the US a MUCH better deal. Nevermind that there was no "deal" to be made since this was more or less voluntary.

_Ryo_

Does anyone think he actually had a change of heart when he realized "people really fucking hate me" or is he just trying to like... Not make people hate him? This and the walk back on the dreamers and the wall is so fucking weird for him.

We know it's the latter. There's no question.
Trump is a Monster. No one should believe he wants to do any genuine act of good will or that it actually comes from the goodness of his heart.

aceface

Trump only wants people to love him. He realized that doing this stuff is getting people to say nice things about him on the left and right cable networks (I don't think Fox news will ever really turn against him) so he keeps doing more.

Man, I hope Milos Forman is alive to do the biopic someday.

Jumeira

Banned
lol, post Bannon pivot !

His continued incompetance and indecision is really exposing him for the poor leader that he is.

Good news nonetheless, but the more reasonable would suggest this should have been news in the first place.

I would love to read this article, but WSJ is full of shit for wanting me to pay for news.

Hey there fellow scrimper, here's a scrimper life hack for those that are scrimpin'

Just hit X a couple times before the page gets a chance to fully load. The words will show up just not the checker.

Dirty dirty scrimp y'all

Sianos

Maybe he really did just find out Cat 5 hurricanes exist

maybe he actually genuinely believed climate change was a hoax by the chinese

and after seeing its effects he realized "wait a second... i don't think the chinese are behind these off-the-charts hurricanes in the atlantic ocean"

This administration is so incompetent it seems like news agencies/angry WH staffers are leaking out reversals on all of Trump's shitty policies in hopes that he somehow forgets what his stance was and switches it after seeing some positive press. It's pathetic that it seems like that is the only thing that can get through his thick, stupid, hateful mind.

Diablos

What then triggered this EU official to say they won't withdrawal?

Either someone in the EU lied/misunderstood something, or Trump is talking out of both sides of his ass for reasons that are not clear yet. If I were to guess it would be the latter.

Im pretty much of the belief he will go with whatever because he wants people talking positive about him. He doesnt give a fuck about party lines, he only cares about his ratings.

Top Bottom